Adon as he appears in Super Street Fighter IV.
|Height||5' 11½" (182 cm)|
|Weight||161 lbs (73 kg)|
|Fighting style||Muay Thai|
|Likes||Nothing special (except enjoying nature)|
|Dislikes||Sagat, people who talk big|
|Rival(s)||Sagat, Akuma, Ryu, M. Bison, Ken (SFA3), Rose (SFA3), Dee Jay (SFA3), E. Honda|
|Hobbies||Waiku (a dance of Muay Thai)|
|Moveset||Rising Jaguar, Jaguar Kick, Airborne Jaguar Kick, Jaguar Tooth, Jaguar Crunch, Jaguar Varied Assault, Jaguar Revolver, Jaguar Avalanche|
|First game||Street Fighter|
- "Nothing beats Muay Thai!"
Adon (アドン/อาดอน) is a character from the Street Fighter series of fighting games. He has appeared in the first Street Fighter game, and notably the Street Fighter Alpha series. He most recently appears in Super Street Fighter IV.
Compared to the other fighters, Adon is shown to have a very great ego and is quite cocky, as well as boastful of his abilities. He tends to underestimate certain fighters, such as Ryu. He is often seen smiling and is truly arrogant, desiring to be seen as the "god" of Muay Thai.
Adon is well built and lean with broad shoulders and a muscular back.
Adon became Sagat's student three years after Sagat became God of Muay Thai. Frequently likened to a "lesser version of Sagat", even though he strives to differentiate himself with more acrobatic techniques, Adon enters the first World Warrior tournament to prove he is more than that. The cocky Adon lets his guard down when he faces Ryu, who takes him out with a single Shoryuken. Afterwards, Ryu goes on to defeat Sagat, which leads to Adon's eventual breakdown.
Adon challenges Sagat for the title and defeats him. After Adon's victory, M. Bison, who was watching, tries to recruit Adon into Shadaloo. Adon rejects his offer and challenges him, but the outcome of the battle is unknown. The events of the game were effectively retconned by the sequel.
Adon is not mad at Ryu for defeating him, but at Sagat for being unable to uphold Muay Thai's honor (conveniently forgetting how Ryu had bested him during the World Warrior tournament). He challenges Sagat for the title of God of Muay Thai and wins, but the enraged Sagat does so much damage to him in the fight that Adon has to be hospitalized for months. Adon's injuries eventually heal, and a new fighter captivates his attention. Rumor reaches his ears of a fighter who has mastered the power that had enabled Ryu to win the first World Warrior Tournament. This fighter kills a man who was about to challenge Adon for his title. Adon sees this as a challenge. Knowing only that this mysterious fighter has red hair and wears a black gi with the symbol "Ten" on his back, Adon swears to find him and test his strength.
Traveling the world, he encounters Ken and realizes that Ken has trained in the same style as the fighter he seeks, and fights him in order to recognize this mysterious fighter by the moves Ken uses. Ken in turn recognizes Adon as Sagat's student, an identification which enrages Adon. The two fight, and Adon is victorious. Later, Rose attempts to convince him not to continue on his current path, as it will lead ultimately to destruction and ruin. Adon cannot be swayed, however, and continues on his way.
Eventually, he encounters Bison, who commends his abilities and admits that he has underestimated him. Adon rejects Bison's praise and tells him that he doesn't need him; he is searching for something else. Bison somehow knows what Adon is seeking: mastery of the Shun Goku Satsu in order to perfect the Muay Thai style. Adon is stunned, and Bison goes on to tell him that his goal is foolish; the Shun Goku Satsu is nothing when compared to his Psycho Power, which he attempts to demonstrate.
The two fight, and though Adon is technically more proficient, Bison cannot be defeated and eventually wears him down. As Bison is about to deal the finishing blow, laughing that he does not fear death, Akuma appears out of nowhere and performs the Shun Goku Satsu on him, defeating him (but not killing him, it seems) for the time being. Akuma then leaves, leaving Adon with the realization that Akuma is the fighter he is seeking. More determined than ever, Adon vows to find Akuma again and claim the power of the "Raging Demon" as his own..
Sagat comes to watch one of Adon's matches, but Adon taunts Sagat and challenges him to a fight. The two face off in the ring in a match, and Adon is defeated by a single Tiger Destruction. Adon, developing fresh contempt for Sagat, is still unimpressed and considers him a disgrace to Muay Thai since losing to Ryu. Declaring that he has lost all respect for his former mentor, he sets out to participate in S.I.N's tournament and end Sagat's career. How he fares in the tournament is unknown, but when Sagat returns to his home, Adon watches from a cliff above, believing that Sagat has gone soft. Vowing never to be like him, Adon returns to his career to focus on creating "a new Muay Thai legend".
Fighting Style and Gameplay
Adon fights with a more dynamic and acrobatic form of Muay Thai, allowing him to deliver ranged attacks effectively. Adon's special moves are generally fast-moving strikes that are counter-able if missed, requiring players to sufficiently confuse foes before overwhelming them with speed.
The Jaguar Kick is a slashing somersault kick that can be used in midair, where it is a good anti-air. . The Rising Jaguar is a double knee thrust capable of intercepting airborne attackers at a low angle, and passing through projectile attacks. The Jaguar Tooth , Adon's most versatile special move, allows Adon to leap off the edge of the screen to strike his opponent, or surprise them by landing early and delivering an alternate attack. These techniques are all highly effective at countering projectile-users, so they give him a slight edge against characters such as Ryu and Ken.
When using X-ISM Adon in Street Fighter Alpha 3, pressing any kick button while jumping will execute his trademark Jaguar Kick. However, this version of the Jaguar Kick is considered a normal move, and thus does not inflict block damage.
- Adon appears in the Street Fighter cartoon series as a non-speaking fighter in the episode "The Medium is the Message".
- He also makes a brief cameo in Street Fighter Alpha: The Animation as one of the fighters accompanying Ryu to save Shun from Professor Sadler. He gets into an argument with Birdie and is later shown fighting with Rolento in the base's arena.
- Adon is one of 5 previously playable characters to make a non-playable appearance in Street Fighter IV. The others are Charlie, Juli, Yun, and Yang.
- He is the only one who becomes playable in Super Street Fighter IV.
- In Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix, Adon appears in the background of a stage at a Chinese restaurant, where he is seen standing at the front gate watching the fight.
- Adon appears in the background of a stage in Capcom Fighting Jam, where he is seen training.
- In several games, Adon performs a Waikruu (Muay Thai ceremonial dance) at the start of a round. However, the Waikruu is a dance of respect to the performer's teacher. Considering that Sagat taught him and he hates him for being weak, it is odd that he would honor him before each round.
- His 10th colour represents his first incarnation from the first Street Fighter game.
- Adon and Blanka share some similarities with each other: they have orange hair, they are both voiced by the same person in English (Taliesin Jaffe), and their 10th alternate colors in Super Street Fighter IV represent their former colour schemes from when they first debuted (Adon first appeared in Street Fighter, and Blanka first appeared in Street Fighter II).
- In King of Fighters XIII, Hwa Jai has a color-swap that is similar in color scheme to Adon's costume.
Click on an image to view it
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/adon.html"
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzVk_GJtwLY
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEcaRtR_Eo4
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdRZx3JJ7Ns
|Street Fighter Characters|
|Adon – Birdie – Eagle – Geki – Gen – Joe – Ken – Lee – Mike – Retsu – Ryu – Sagat|
|Street Fighter Alpha Characters|
|Adon – Akuma – Balrog – Birdie – Blanka – Cammy – Charlie – Chun-Li – Cody – Dan – Dee Jay – Dhalsim – E. Honda – Eagle – Evil Ryu – Fei Long – Gen – Guile – Guy – Ingrid – Juli – Juni – Karin – Ken – M. Bison – Maki – R. Mika – Rolento – Rose – Ryu – Sagat – Sakura – Shin Akuma – Sodom – T. Hawk – Vega – Zangief|
|Street Fighter IV Characters|
|Abel - Adon – Akuma – Balrog – Blanka – Cammy – Chun-Li – Cody - Crimson Viper – Dan – Dee Jay - Dhalsim - Dudley – E. Honda – El Fuerte – Evil Ryu - Fei Long – Gen – Gouken – Guile – Guy - Hakan - Ibuki - Juri - Ken – M. Bison - Makoto – Oni - Rose – Rufus – Ryu – Sagat – Sakura – Seth - Shin Akuma - T. Hawk - Vega – Yang - Yun - Zangief|