Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "My perfect guard! Nobody can break it!"
- —Urien, Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
The Aegis Reflector (エイジスリフレクター,Eijisurifurekutā) is Urien's third and signature Super Art in the Street Fighter III series. According to backstory and supplementary materials, the Aegis Reflector is one of the arcane Sixty Six Secret Arts of the Illuminati. In Street Fighter V, it becomes his V-Trigger.
|Street Fighter V||+|
Executed by performing two quarter-circle forward motions and pressing punch (high punch and kick as V-Trigger), Urien opens his arms wide as he creates a square energy barrier which appears in front of him. The barrier slowly moves forward while flashing until it slows to a stop, then lingers for a second and disintegrates.
The punch button used determines the distance at which the barrier appears in front of him. If all three punch buttons are pressed, the barrier instead appears diagonally upwards.
The barrier reflects most projectiles at their user, and an opponent who touches it without blocking will be damaged and knocked away. However, Urien can pass through the barrier as if it wasn't there. Gill can destroy the barriers with a single Pyrokinesis or Cryokinesis attack. Other extremely powerful projectile/energy attacks such as the Kongou Kokuretsuzan, (fully charged) Denjin Hadoken, Kikosho and the Yagyou Odama can outright break multiple reflectors and continue forward.
This move is arguably the best Super Art for juggling in the Street Fighter III series. Since Urien is free to move while the barrier lingers, he can strike low or get behind the opponent and force them into the barrier. This enables him to set up many combos and traps, though the potential is somewhat limited by the barrier's lifespan: it disintegrates more quickly the more it reflects.
The move has two stocks, meaning that Urien can create two barriers with a sufficiently filled Super Gauge; this allows him to attempt a cross-up by trapping the opponent between the barriers and then attempt to knock them into one, whereupon they will be bounced helplessly between them.
- In the video game Monster Tale, one of the abilities that Chomp can learn (named "Aegis") creates a barrier that is nearly identical to the Aegis Reflector in appearance and function.
- In Street Fighter X Mega Man, the Aegis Reflector is one of the eight boss weapons, received after beating Urien. It is useful against Ryu.
- Due to a disjointed hitbox, Oro can stand extremely close to the reflector and fire his Nichirin Shou in such a way that his elbow is bisected by the reflector, but he is not hit by it.