Alex, as he appears in Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
|Birthplace||United States of America|
|Height||6'6" (198 cm)|
|Weight||232 Lbs. (105 kg.)|
|Fighting style||Professional Wrestling, Kickboxing|
|Likes||Military fasion, city life, family|
|Dislikes||Gill, Those who prey on the weak|
|Rival(s)||Ryu, Remy, Gill, Hugo|
|Hobbies||Fixing motorcycles, Weekend carpentry, NYC pizza connoisseur|
|Moveset||Flash Chop, Power Bomb, Air Knee Smash, Air Stampede, Slash Elbow, Spiral DDT, Hyper Bomb, Boomerang Raid, Stun Gun Headbutt|
|First game||Street Fighter III: New Generation|
|English voice actor(s)||Michael Sommers (Street Fighter III: New Generation, Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact)|
Patrick Gallagan (Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike)
|Japanese voice actor(s)||Hiroki Yasumoto (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom)|
- "Don't waste my time, I can learn nothing from you!"
Alex (アレックス, Arekkusu) is a character in the Street Fighter series. He first appeared in Street Fighter III, and is the game's protagonist as well as 2nd Impact and 3rd Strike. He is voiced by Michael Sommers (New Generation and 2nd Impact) and Patrick Gallagan (3rd Strike).
Alex is an American fighter from Manhattan, New York. He may be loosely based on real-life professional wrestler Hulk Hogan; his pre-fight intro where he rips off his vest is similar to Hogan's trademark entrance, and he has a special intro with Hugo that resembles the Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant staredown.
Alex has long blonde hair, and wears camouflage green overalls with the straps down, open-fingered gloves of the same color, combat boots, and a wide red bandana. He also has red marks (most likely painted on) on both of his shoulders where his overall straps should be, and red marks under his eyes (possibly face paint).
In his Capcom Fighting Evolution ending, Alex is also shown to wear camo green MMA shorts, along with what appears to be slate colored open fingered training boxing gloves.
The event that Alex and Balrog fought in shown in an arcade flier for SFIII New Generation is called the Vale Tudo Eternal Fighting (B.E.F). He is shown to wear exactly the same attire as his CFE ending, except his trunks appear to have a red stripe designed along the each side.
Insensitive and a little abrasive, Alex's bold personality tends to get him in very hot water. His round-end quotes hint at him being confident in his abilities, enough to boast that he "doesn't lose".
He hasn't been with his parents since he was a little kid, and his current family consists of his father's friend Tom and Tom's teenage daughter Patricia, all three of them living under the same roof. Alex trains daily at Tom's gym, having learned everything he knows about fighting from Tom himself. Tom, being a military veteran and a renowned refiner of fighting moves, often visits military bases as well as maintaining his own gym. Alex entered the third World Warrior tournament because its sponsor, Gill, had seriously injured his best friend and mentor/father figure Tom, even though Tom had told him Gill had won fairly. Tom allowed him to go, letting him make his own decision. Alex won every match and then faced Gill. Although he defeated Gill, Alex did not have a chance to kill him, and he went home, to find Tom fully recovered.
With thoughts of revenge no longer clouding his mind, Alex encountered Ryu, who offered a match with him. Ryu won, with Alex being unable to counter any of his blows. Ryu encouraged Alex to hone his skills and seek out worthy opponents. Alex then became obsessed with fighting Ryu again. He eventually got his chance, but the outcome is currently unknown.
Alex is an all-around type of character. He possesses both charge moves and rotational moves, with rushing attacks, aerial attacks and grapples. His size also allows him a good reach with his heavy punches and kicks. His speed is also surprising, given his size. However, his setups are difficult and rarely used.
Special Moves Edit
Alex makes use of a Power Bomb similar in appearance and in execution to Zangief's Flying Power Bomb. He also uses a Spiral DDT in which he leaps at the opponent and grabs hold of them, spinning around them and slamming them headfirst into the ground, reminiscent of El Fuerte's lucha libre style. His Air Stampede consists of suddenly leaping into the air and landing feet-first on his opponent's head in a manner similar to, but with shorter range than M. Bison's trademark Head Stomp, with the same input. His Air Knee Smash sees him lumping diagonally forward knee-first, and is his anti-air move. Finally, he possesses the Flash Chop, in which he performs a short-range horizontal hand chop in a stationary position like real-life WWE wrestler Ric Flair's "Flair Chop", and a Slash Elbow, which is visually similar but has him rush forward before delivering the horizontal slash with the elbow instead of the side of the palm.
Super Arts Edit
In keeping with his wrestling style, Alex's "Hyper Bomb" closely resembles Zangief's Final Atomic Buster, but with a Power Bomb at the end of the two suplexes instead of a Spinning Piledriver. His "Boomerang Raid" involves punching his opponent, then Flash Chopping, punching, Flash Chopping and finally suplexing them. His third Super Art, the "Stun Gun Headbutt", sees him jump a small distance towards his opponent and headbutting him/her four times, always leaving the opponent stunned after-wards.
Alex appears as a playable character in Capcom Fighting Evolution.
Alex also appears playable in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes/Ultimate All-Stars.
Alex appears in UDON's Super Street Fighter: New Generations comic series.
- A1- *"Over already eh, it mustn't be even a spar..."
- A2- *"Before I get serious, you're down??"
- A3- *"Rhythm's bad? That's an awkward excuse isn't it..."
- A4- *"Whoever my opponent likely is, I won't ease up..."
- B1- *"I don't care where you've trained, it's the proof against me!"
- B2-* "Stay down like that, you're ghastly pale!"
- B3- *"Quit with the bluff, having to mouth things..."
- B4- *"You, regret that extent of strength?"
- C1-* "Tough aren't you, but for stoutness I'm tops."
- C2- *"A turn-around chance then, take it without restraint!"
- C3-* "You plan to hand me a KO? With such a small move..."
- C4-* *"I won't allow myself to lose... There's a reason to become of me."
- Alex is the reigning Street Fighter champion in the main series' current timeline.
- In the SF3 Q&A from Gamest SF3 Fanbook, Alex's favorite move is stated to be the back drop.
- The book also states that he thinks about his parents from time to time, but still sees Tom and Patricia as his own flesh and blood family.
- When Alex and Hugo stand off it is a reference to Hulk Hogan (Alex) vs. Andre the Giant (Hugo).
- There seems to be something special about Alex that concerns and later intrigues Gill.
- Alex's mentor, Tom, bears a huge resemblance to French actor Jean Reno.
- Alex was also intended to appear in the canceled 3D fighting game Capcom Fighting All-Stars.
- A stage for Street Fighter X Tekken set in New York has a picture of Alex on a billboard to the far right of the background.
- Alex bears a resemblance to Biff Slamkovich from Capcom's Slam Masters series, whose name in Japan is Aleksey Zalazof.
|Street Fighter III Characters|
|Akuma (Shin) – Alex – Chun-Li – Dudley – Elena – Gill – Hugo – Ibuki – Ken – Makoto – Necro – Oro – Q – Remy – Ryu – Sean – Twelve – Urien – Yang – Yun|