|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
Specifically: Expand and format to match the rest of the character articles.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
- "Alrighty! (よっしゃー! Yossha!?)"
- —Allen (Street Fighter EX)
- "Okay! (ためみぁう! Tame mi ~au!?)"
- —Allen (Fighting Layer) after performing Galaxy
Allen is a tall and muscular young man with orange hair, a huge sideburns and blue eyes. He wears a dark purple karate gi (held together with a black belt and red strings), red undershirt and handwraps on both of his hands.
In Street Fighter V, his karate gi is blue and he wears a red short sleeve fitted shirt.
Allen Snider likes to enjoy a victory in a fight. He seriously intends to travel around the world learning everything and get much stronger. One of his hobbies is training.
Allen's design is based on a young Chuck Norris, just like the looks he had when he co-stared in the film Way of the Dragon (猛龍過江?) along with its own director and producer, the legendary Bruce Lee. Allen also borrows some gestures and mannerisms from Bruce Lee himself.
During the development of the original Street Fighter EX game, he was named Cashew Snider and had blond hair and a red gi. 
A martial artist once reputed to be the greatest living Karate master in the United States. Allen was the favored contender in the All American Martial Arts Tournament, but lost on his first match against a then-unknown Ken Masters, who told Allen that he was still "a frog in the well" (a proverb similar to the saying "a big fish in a small pond").
Misinterpreting and motivated by Ken's words, Allen though he said he had incredible springing legs like a frog. Allen renewed his training and developed new techniques based on Ken's such as the Soul Force and the Rising Dragon to "leap out of the well" and began traveling the world to prove that he is not only the "biggest toad in the well", but also the "biggest in the world".
Street Fighter EX Edit
The Strongest Karate Master in America has began a trip around the world. Will he be able to prove that he's not a frog in a well? Will this be the beginning of a new legend? Allen Snider. His true battle has just begun.
Street Fighter EX Plus α Edit
"Don't you ever come back here!"
The strongest man in the American Karate circuit took a trip around the world. How long will it take for him to find his true strength? Perhaps the veterans around the world will learn something from him. Is he nothing but a big fish in a small pond? Or is this the beginning of a new legacy? Allen Snider, his true battle has just begun.
In the Street Fighter EX2 Plus manhua comic, Allen appears in the middle of the volume. He was cursed and controlled by the wicked evil mask that was worn after Garuda and face his battle on Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li. However, Allen was saved by Kairi and the cursed mask fell into the deep sea.
Allen's moves are similar to the ones used by the Ansatsuken practitioners, like Ryu and Ken. His Soul Force and Rising Dragon are his counterparts to the Hadoken and Shoryuken, respectively. Though he lacks a Tatsumaki-esque move, he has the Justice Fist, a move where he advances forward and delivers a powerful punch, and the Vaulting Kick, a command grab.
In his Fighting Layer appearance, he also gained the Galaxy, a combination of attacks that has to be continued with different inputs once innitiated, with each input costing an additional power bar.
- Before Ryu's 3D model was developed for the EX series, Allen was the first character model created for the game with a moveset similar to Ryu's.
- In a way, he can be seen as the parallel to Ken as Dan is to Ryu; both use techniques copying the Hadoken and Shoryuken, wear an undershirt inside their gis, sport unorthodox gi colors (purple for Allen, pink for Dan) and they're both voiced by Osamu Hosoi. However, Dan is a parody of Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia from SNK's Art of Fighting series.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Street Fighter V Character Encyclopedia: Allen Snider
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 https://twitter.com/bowya_MB/status/782460162632093696
- ↑ http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11006147#Comment_11006147
- ↑ STREET FIGHTER EX: Early Development Version
- ↑ All About Street Fighter EX
|Street Fighter EX Characters|
|EX||Original|| Akuma · Allen · Blair · Chun-Li · C. Jack · Darun · D. Dark · Guile|
Hokuto · Kairi · Ken · Pullum · Ryu · Skullomania · Zangief
|Plus||Bloody Hokuto · Cycloid-β · Cycloid-γ · Evil Ryu · Garuda · M. Bison|
|Plus α||Dhalsim · Sakura|
|EX2||Original||Blanka · Hayate · Nanase · Shadowgeist · Sharon · Vega|
|Plus||Area · Sagat · V. Rosso|
|EX3||Ace · Bison II|
|CPU Only||Shin-Bison · Cycloids · Zako|
|Fighting Layer Characters|
|Allen · Blair|