|This article isn't a stub, but it's still missing something...|
Specifically: Expand and format to match the rest of the character articles.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
Allen, as he appears in Street Fighter EX
|Birthplace||United States of America|
|Likes||Becoming stronger, jazz music|
|Dislikes||Selfish people, being called a "big fish in a small pond"|
|Moveset||Rising Dragon, Justice Fist, Vaulting Kick, Soul Force, Fire Force, Triple Break|
|First game||Street Fighter EX|
|Japanese voice actor(s)||Osamu Hosoi|
- "Out of my way."
A martial artist once reputed to be the greatest living Karate master in the United States. Allen was the favored contender in the All American Martial Arts Tournament, but lost on his first match against a then-unknown Ken Masters, who told Allen that he was still a "big fish in a small pond".
Motivated by Ken's words, Allen renewed his training and developed new techniques based on Ken's such as the Soul Force (Hadouken) and the Rising Dragon (Shoryuken). Allen began traveling the world to prove that he is not only the "biggest fish in his pond", but also the "biggest in the ocean".
- Allen's design is based on a young Chuck Norris, just like the looks he have when co-stared the film Way of the Dragon (猛龍過江?) along its own director and producer, the legendary Bruce Lee.
- He is the parallel to Ken as Dan is to Ryu, because Allen uses techniques copying the Hadouken and Shoryuken, wear an undershirt inside their gis, and they're both voiced by Osamu Hosoi. However, Dan is a parody of Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia from SNK's Art of Fighting series.
- Allen shares many of Ryu and Ken's attacks, but yells the attack names in English rather than Japanese; "Hadouken" becomes "Soul Force", and "Shoryuken" becomes "Rising Dragon".
- In the Street Fighter EX 2 Plus (Manhua Comic Version), Allen Snider returns in the middle of the volume. He was cursed and controlled by the wicked evil mask that was worn after Garuda and face his battle on Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li. However, Allen was saved by Kairi and the cursed mask fell into the deep sea.
- Besides the Ryu Final manga, Allen Snider appears in the manga version of Street Fighter III: The Twin Dragon manga for the first time.
- Before Ryu's 3D model was developed for the EX series, Allen Snider was the first creation of Arika's prototype models to create the similar moveset into Ryu.
|Street Fighter EX Characters|
|Ace - Akuma - Allen - Area - Blair - Blanka - Chun-Li - C. Jack - Cycloid-β - Cycloid-γ - Darun - Dhalsim - D. Dark - Garuda - Guile - Hayate - Hokuto (Bloody) - Kairi - Ken - M. Bison (II |True) - Nanase - Pullum - Ryu (Evil) - Sagat - Sakura - Shadowgeist - Sharon - Skullomania - Vega - V. Rosso - Zangief|