Street Fighter IV, like many 3D fighting games, features alternate costumes for the playable characters. The game also continues the tradition of using alternate colors for these characters, allowing the player to select a color for both original and alternate costumes.
All characters in Street Fighter IV and its updates have 6 or 7 costumes with 10 colors each (plus two "stylized" versions of color 1). Costumes from the Vacation, Wild, and Horror packs have 20 colors each.
Street Fighter IV CostumesEdit
Each character has one alternate costume in the original Street Fighter IV.
Super Street Fighter IV CostumesEdit
In Super Street Fighter IV, the returning characters have three costumes, and the characters introduced in Super and Arcade Edition have two.
Ultra Street Fighter IV CostumesEdit
In addition to every previously released costume, the new characters were given two costumes each. They have their Alternate 1 costumes locked. The player must have save data from Street Fighter X Tekken to use them. Their Alternate 2 is either available by pre-ordering the game or as DLC. Three new sets for every character were also introduced as DLC: Vacation, Wild, and Horror.
List of alternate costumes Edit
- Alternate 3 -- him wearing a formal suit and a fedora, which is reminiscent of Cracker Jack.
- Alternate 2 -- A variation of M. Bison's uniform, being a clone of him.
- Alternate 3 -- Her tracksuit from Street Fighter Alpha.
- Alternate 6 (Horror) -- A skeleton outfit, similar to Skullomania, except that his face isn't completely covered.
- Alternate 6 (Horror) -- Resembles Fujin, the god of wind in the Shinto religion.
- Alternate 1 -- Charlie Nash's outfit from the Street Fighter Alpha.
- Alternate 3 -- A formal military uniform, seen in his Capcom Fighting Evolution ending.
- Alternate 4 (Vacation) -- Resembles Doctrine Dark.
- Alternate 1 -- From King Cobra, a character design that was scrapped in favor of Rufus.
- Alternate 3 -- His training gear seen in his Street Fighter Alpha 2 ending.
- Alternate 6 (Horror) -- Resembles Raijin, the god of thunder in the Shinto religion.
- Alternate 2 -- A variation of Ryu's uniform.
- Alternate 1 -- Mike Haggar's outfit from Final Fight
- Alternate 2 -- Mech-Zangief
- Alternate 3 -- His move from Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix