Street Fighter series Edit
- Blanka has a cameo in the downloadable title Flock.
Other Video Games Edit
- The ending of Eyedol in Killer Instinct (the first game in Rare's series of fighting games) is a parody of the Blanka's ending in Street Fighter II, where Eyedol finds his mother but he kills her (this is more clear in the Arcade version of Killer Instinct than the SNES version).
Real-life Events Edit
- When Rio de Janeiro was declared the site of the 2016 Olympic Games, pictures of Blanka drawn as the unofficial Olympic mascot began to spread.
Comics and Manga Edit
Television and Animations Edit
- He appears in Season 5, Episode 18 of the stop-motion animated series Robot Chicken, charging his cell phone via his Electric Thunder attack.
- He appears in Season 1, episode 9 of the magazine-based animated series MAD, in the segment "MAD's Guide to Video Game Cheats", and he is seen fighting M. Bison in Street Fighter IV. The cheat shown in the scene can only be performed with Blanka as the player-character, and with the player pressing the following buttons " Right, X, X, Left, hold L and R", which lets Blanka force his opponent (M. Bison, in this case) to watch his parents' wedding video, and M. Bison, driven completely insane by the video, defeats himself.
- Blanka was a combatant on the 24th episode of Screwattack's "Death Battle" where he fought Pikachu, the mascot of Nintendo's Pokemon series. Blanka emerges as the victor, and the fight ends with him biting off Pikachu's head, putting his body in a blender, and drinking it. The explaination for him being the winner is mainly because he preys on electrical creatures which his opponent is and Pikachu usually relies on his trainer; Ash to guide him in battle.
- He also appeared in the 67th episode where he, along with Sean, and Sakura, was a student at Ken Masters' dojo where he watched the fight between Ken and Dan, and then the fight between him and Terry Bogard before he decided to head for the hills when the dojo started to fall apart due to the intense fight.