This is a list of quotes used by Cody.
- "I've saved the city, saved the girl, but couldn't save myself."
- "After waiting so long, it feels good to do more than two moves!"
- "The world is full of bad guys! I have so much work ahead of me!"
- "I don't care if you're human, beast or car! I'll take you on!"
- "I've got a lot of time on my hands. How about a rematch?"
- "C'mon! Stand up! Don't let me down!"
- "With so much riding on my fists, this will not be my final fight!"
- "Just remember! This could happen to you again! And again!!"
Birdie: "Hey! You used to be known for your strength around here, huh? But now, ya miserable! I guess life can be unpredictable!"
Cody: "Yeah, seeing that I have a date with a crazy guy like you today! It looks like I'm out of luck. But it's gonna be your loss!"
Birdie: "I'll make today the worst day of your life!"
Guy: "I don't like to interfere in the lives of others. Everything should be left as is, but I want to ask you one thing. Cody... WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?"
Cody: "This way of life is simply who I am. Can't you understand that? Or would you rather hear the sad, sad story of an EX-hero?"
Guy: "That's enough... Now, it's time to fight!"
Cody: "Ha! I expected you to say that! I'm ready... GO FOR IT!"
Cody: "And now, this is the result... Things never change..."
Guy: "I don't see why you can't do positive things with such skill."
Cody: "Life was peaceful for awhile, but I kept fighting anyway. Saying "I can't live in peace" would've been an easy excuse. I had no excuse, and could not bear to live any other way."
Guy: "Where are you going?"
Cody: "To the underworld or to heaven, I don't know. Nobody knows..."
M. Bison: "Hmm... What does the former hero of Metro City want with me? If you want to join Shadaloo, show me your strength..."
Cody: "I'm not interested in such petty things. The only thing I want to do is to kick your butt! Prepare yourself... Defeat will soon have a new best friend!"
M. Bison: "Hmm... I accept your challenge. Let's see what you've got... I wonder if you'll still be confident in about 10 seconds..."
Street Fighter IV series Edit
"Don't get your panties in a bunch. You'll see me again soon enough. I figured that riddin' the city of the Mad Gear would make everybody happy. Not just me - all of us. But this is my reward, huh? Everyone else goes on to live the high life and I get left behind in a prison cell. A city where no one has to fight... A city free from violence... A city without fear... Pfft! Yeah, gimme a break! I thought I was fightin' for peace in this city. Look where it got me. What a drag, man. Wouldja look at that. Huh... Well, I'll be damned... Looks like we're in for a reunion. Maybe this won't be so boring after all."
Guy: "So, you're going after S.I.N., are you? Tell me why."
Cody: "Look, I don't need a reason."
Guy: "Seth is an evil man who brings chaos to this world. Cody, tell me you'll fight him alongside me."
Cody: "Huh... Sorry, Guy. It's like I told you. I fight by myself nowadays."
Beginning of the fight Edit
Guy: "I can force to do it for you anything."
Cody: "Sorry but I am not done it for you."
During Rival Fight Edit
- "Face it, I’m better as street fighting." (First hit)
- "You, stay away from me." (When Guy is hitted with a focus attack)
- "Getting tired of this."
- "No choice." (When Cody's Ultra Combo Bar is ready)
- "Whatcha waiting for?" (When during the fight no hit after 5 second)
- "This feels familiar, don’t it?" (When Guy is defeated with a spesial attack)
- "You like that?" (When Guy is hitted after focus attack)
- "I learned this in prison." (When Guy is hitted after focus attack)
- "You can't go again." (When Guy is stunning)
- "Let’s finish this already." (When the Guy power is running low)
- "Let’s wrap this up." (When Cody activating an Ultra Combo)
- "Sorry Guy. Anyone want to myself now." (When Guy is defeated with an Ultra Combo)
Cody: "Not you again..."
Guy: "The world is simply what it is. This is from the teachings of Bushin-ryu. Somehow, you rail against this teaching without even knowing it. Cody, you have vanquished a great evil. I believe this means that you must still hold some shred of goodness in your heart. I know that in your soul, there remains a disdain for those who seek destruction."
Cody: "Nah, he was just in my way, that's all. I took him down 'cuz he was botherin' me."
Guy: "Then I take it you have no intention of returning."
Cody: "Returning? Yeah, I'll return, all right. To my cell. That's where I belong."
- "Well now, let's see if we can't do something about my boredom."
- "Aw, come on, man! Let's do this for real!"
- "Looks like I'll be easy on you next time."
- "Geez... You suck, man!"
- "You ready to start fightin' for real?"
- "You always fight like this?"
- "You finished practicin' now?"
- "You can do better than that!"
- "Uhh... I'm ready for a nap."
- "Hey! Let's do this for real!"
- "You are fightin' way outta your league."
- "Makin' me sleepy."
- "Hey! Bring it already!"
- "You're borin' the crap outta me."
- "You sure you wanna be goin' around startin' fights with guys like me?"
- "I've got time. You up for a rematch?"
- "The only thing that doesn't change is the excitement of the fight."
- "I prefer my fights quick an' easy."
- "This is gettin' boring. Maybe I oughta head home."
- "A fighter that goes down that easy ain't worth a thing. Beat it!"
- "Let's get this over with."
- "If I'da known it'd be this boring on the outside, I'da stayed in prison."
- "Fighting like this brings back lots of memories."
- "I don't need a reason. I just like to fight."
- "Families are overrated, man. They're more hassle than they're worth."
- "How do you have time to train between all those bouts of braggin' yourself up?"
- "I thought you were s'posed to be way stronger than that. What happened?"
- "I ain't about to get beat by a classless chump like you! No way, no how!"
- "I ain't here to fight animals. Just buzz off an' I'll leave ya alone."
- "I thought you'd be a pushover, but you pulled off some impressive moves."
- "I'm tellin' ya lady, I ain't who you think I am. He died a long time ago."
- "Calm down, lady. I ain't your target."
- "You're all talk, man! Anyone ever tell you that before?"
- "If you fight this bad, I'd hate to hear your music!"
- "If your god is real, couldn't he just make it rain on your village?"
- "If you put half as much energy into the fight as you do moustache grooming..."
- "Take a chill pill, man. You're givin' me a headache."
- "Not interested in whatever it is you're sellin', fat boy. Beat it."
- "I'd hate to get on your bad side."
- "Nice moves, but too flashy. You'd get eaten alive in Metro City, man."
- "Watch out for karma, man. Things have a funny way of workin' themselves out..."
- "Sorry, pal, but I'm sick of takin' advice from my elders. Beat it."
- "Sometimes, justice don't prevail. You already knew that, right?"
- "Look, man. People change. I've changed. You've changed. That's the way it is."
- "What would you do if you had to fight a smoker? Wouldn't you catch fire?"
- "If you wanna fight, come at me for real. I ain't interested in kids' games."
- "I've got a certain amount of respect for people who don't follow rules."
- "Overcoming rivals? Taking care of your family? That's all lost on me, man."
- "I don't consider myself a good guy anymore, but I had to take you down!"
- "Not bad, but you need to deviate from the textbook if you really wanna win."
- "Haha, getting into a scrap with a dude like you makes this world worth living in!"
- "If you can change the future, what's the point of seeing it?"
- "Fightin's done with fists, not words. Learn to keep your mouth shut!"
- "I enjoy a serious fight now and then. That was fun!"
- "I didn't expect much, but you turned out to be one heckuva fighter."
- "Not bad for a wannabe. In a few more years, you'll be a real contender."
- "Next time you wanna take me on, dial back the weirdness a bit, will ya?"
- "Don't let me stand in your way if you got stuff to do. Good luck!"
- "I'm sick of your mouth, man. Get away from me before I start punchin' again!"
- "I don't need a reason to fight, pal. I just do it cause I love it."
- "I ain't looking to scrap with some punk kid. Get outta my face!"
- "I'm used to beatin' up big guys like you. You leave yourself wide open!"
- "You rely on your blade too much. There's an art to stuff like this y'know?"
- "Dancing? Friends? Not my style, kid. Feel free to fight me again any time, though."
- "Look sister, for the last time, I'm not joining you!"
- "Don’t you ever get tired of hearing yourself talk?"
- "Eh, what the hell."
- "Man, what a drag... Why can't ya leave me alone?"
- "Right! Time for me to fight!" - with Guy
- "Aw, man!"
- "(yawns) Boring."
- "Hey you, get serious already."
- "I dunno why you're so hung up on the past. It's over man."
- "Surpassing humanity? I dunno what you're talkin' about man. Sounds lame either way."
- "Was that all you got? Heh. Not even a warm up."
- "Not a bad way to kill some time I guess."
- "You're a lot better than you look, sister."
- "Get off my case already, if it'll shut you up. I'll go back to my cell if I feel like it."
- "That was a pretty good scrap. If you're gonna fight, you gotta be serious about it."
- "Whoever believes can be saved, huh... Sure sounds nice."
- "Fighting is all about winnin' or losin'. Tryin' to stick to rules would get you killed on the streets, man."
- "I'm not interested in kids games. And I don't wanna be your friend either."
- "Justice... Revenge... Don't need to get caught up in that crap. Don'cha think so?"
- "What happened, man? You got pretty weak. What've you been doin' all this time?"
- "Didya think you could win on just size alone? Guess again, pal."
- "Aren't you s'posed to be a ninja? Your attacks are too straightforward. Coulda dodged with my eyes closed."
- "Don't get to enjoy fights where the other guy is jus' tryin' to kill you, often. Thanks."
- "Man, after all that talk I thought you'd put up a better fight. What a joke."
- "I don't give a crap about your plans. I just didn't like your face."
- "That fight almost put me to sleep. What have you been doin' all this time?"
- "Keepin' at it, eh? Not like I care. Do whatever you want man."
- "I don't know any Ken Masters, so get lost. You're buggin' the crap outta me."
- "Lighten up, man. Ain't no such thing as meaning in a fight. It's just fun."
- "Finally, a guy who I can really scrap with. Feels good to go all out."
- "You gotta come at me like you wanna kill me. Anything less is jus' boring."
- "What're you looking at? You're down on the ground like that 'cause you're weak. That's all."
- "I don't care about the love of your country. Just, if you get in my way, you're gonna get hurt."
- "I've seen a lot of crazy stuff over the years, but you're pretty high up on the scale."
- "If you're gonna pick a fight, at least bring the noise. That was boring."
- "Tone it down, man. And stay away from me. Not interested in your nonsense."
- "You get it. You gotta come at me like you wanna kill me. That was a good way to kill time."
- "I'm jus' interested in fightin'. Nothin' else."
- "It took an old man to finally bring some noise. What's this world comin' to..."
- "No such thing as gettin' cold feet in a fight. That's a buncha crap."
- "Fighting machines is borin'. Too predictable. All I can do is try an' rack up a high score."
- "You need to learn how to jus' say "screw it". Take a load off your shoulders."
- "Not bad, sister. Not bad at all. Stand up and we can scrap again."
- "Devil Gene? There's still people who believe in that kinda stuff?"
- "Takes more than just guts to win a scrap. It's all or nothin'."
- "I admire your guts for challengin' me, at least."
- "I know I'm not the one to talk, but that sure is a funny lookin' getup you're wearin'."
- "You can't be finished already, right? Tell me you got some other tricks up your sleeve."
- "You're better than a corrupt cop, but you know the do-gooders die young, right?"
- "This is a scrap, not an argument with mommy."
- "I'm tired of fightin' guys like you who think they can win on strength alone. Get lost."
- "Chill, girl. What could an assassin want with me?"
- "Now that's a real fight! It's about freakin' time..."
- "Pal, you're a long way from bein' the best in the universe."
- "Shadow clones? Whatever. Make as many as you want. I'll just clobber them all."
- "Those punches could stop a mosquito, maybe. C'mon man, get serious."
- "Fighting for the sake of someone, huh? I wouldn't know anything about that."
- "You think that little toy would scare me? Please. I've dealt with bigger an' better."
- "For a guy who is his own battery, that was weak. You need to come at me with more."
- "Not bad, but you’re still just a cat."
- "I'm used to fightin' guys with guns. You gotta do better than that."
- "I feel like I’ve seen you somewhere before… don’t remember where though."
- "Even cats can put up a good fight from time to time."