Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a list of quotes used by Cody.
- "I've saved the city, saved the girl, but couldn't save myself."
- "After waiting so long, it feels good to do more than two moves!"
- "The world is full of bad guys! I have so much work ahead of me!"
- "I don't care if you're human, beast or car! I'll take you on!"
- "I've got a lot of time on my hands. How about a rematch?"
- "C'mon! Stand up! Don't let me down!"
- "With so much riding on my fists, this will not be my final fight!"
- "Just remember! This could happen to you again! And again!!"
Birdie: "Hey! You used to be known for your strength around here, huh? But now, ya miserable! I guess life can be unpredictable!"
Cody: "Yeah, seeing that I have a date with a crazy guy like you today! It looks like I'm out of luck. But it's gonna be your loss!"
Birdie: "I'll make today the worst day of your life!"
Guy: "I don't like to interfere in the lives of others. Everything should be left as is, but I want to ask you one thing. Cody... WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?"
Cody: "This way of life is simply who I am. Can't you understand that? Or would you rather hear the sad, sad story of an EX-hero?"
Guy: "That's enough... Now, it's time to fight!"
Cody: "Ha! I expected you to say that! I'm ready... GO FOR IT!"
Cody: "And now, this is the result... Things never change..."
Guy: "I don't see why you can't do positive things with such skill."
Cody: "Life was peaceful for awhile, but I kept fighting anyway. Saying "I can't live in peace" would've been an easy excuse. I had no excuse, and could not bear to live any other way."
Guy: "Where are you going?"
Cody: "To the underworld or to heaven, I don't know. Nobody knows..."
M. Bison: "Hmm... What does the former hero of Metro City want with me? If you want to join Shadaloo, show me your strength..."
Cody: "I'm not interested in such petty things. The only thing I want to do is to kick your butt! Prepare yourself... Defeat will soon have a new best friend!"
M. Bison: "Hmm... I accept your challenge. Let's see what you've got... I wonder if you'll still be confident in about 10 seconds..."
Street Fighter IV series Edit
"Don't get your panties in a bunch. You'll see me again soon enough. I figured that riddin' the city of the Mad Gear would make everybody happy. Not just me - all of us. But this is my reward, huh? Everyone else goes on to live the high life and I get left behind in a prison cell. A city where no one has to fight... A city free from violence... A city without fear... Pfft! Yeah, gimme a break! I thought I was fightin' for peace in this city. Look where it got me. What a drag, man. Wouldja look at that. Huh... Well, I'll be damned... Looks like we're in for a reunion. Maybe this won't be so boring after all."
Guy: "So, you're going after S.I.N., are you? Tell me why."
Cody: "Look, I don't need a reason."
Guy: "Seth is an evil man who brings chaos to this world. Cody, tell me you'll fight him alongside me."
Cody: "Huh... Sorry, Guy. It's like I told you. I fight by myself nowadays."
Beginning of the fight Edit
Guy: "I can force to do it for you anything."
Cody: "Sorry but I am not done it for you."
During Rival Fight Edit
- "Face it, I’m better as street fighting." (First hit)
- "You, stay away from me." (When Guy is hit with a focus attack)
- "Getting tired of this."
- "No choice." (When Cody's Ultra Combo Bar is ready)
- "Whatcha waiting for?" (When during the fight no hit after 5 second)
- "This feels familiar, don’t it?" (When Guy is defeated with a special attack)
- "You like that?" (When Guy is hit after focus attack)
- "I learned this in prison." (When Guy is hit after focus attack)
- "You can't go again." (When Guy is stunning)
- "Let’s finish this already." (When the Guy power is running low)
- "Let’s wrap this up." (When Cody activating an Ultra Combo)
- "Sorry Guy. Anyone want to myself now." (When Guy is defeated with an Ultra Combo)
Cody: "Not you again..."
Guy: "The world is simply what it is. This is from the teachings of Bushin-ryu. Somehow, you rail against this teaching without even knowing it. Cody, you have vanquished a great evil. I believe this means that you must still hold some shred of goodness in your heart. I know that in your soul, there remains a disdain for those who seek destruction."
Cody: "Nah, he was just in my way, that's all. I took him down 'cuz he was botherin' me."
Guy: "Then I take it you have no intention of returning."
Cody: "Returning? Yeah, I'll return, all right. To my cell. That's where I belong."
- "Well now, let's see if we can't do something about my boredom."
- "Aw, come on, man! Let's do this for real!"
- "Looks like I'll be easy on you next time."
- "Geez... You suck, man!"
- "You ready to start fightin' for real?"
- "You always fight like this?"
- "You finished practicin' now?"
- "You can do better than that!"
- "Uhh... I'm ready for a nap."
- "Hey! Let's do this for real!"
- "You are fightin' way outta your league."
- "Makin' me sleepy."
- "Hey! Bring it already!"
- "You're borin' the crap outta me."
- "You sure you wanna be goin' around startin' fights with guys like me?"
- "I've got time. You up for a rematch?"
- "The only thing that doesn't change is the excitement of the fight."
- "I prefer my fights quick an' easy."
- "This is gettin' boring. Maybe I oughta head home."
- "A fighter that goes down that easy ain't worth a thing. Beat it!"
- "Let's get this over with."
- "If I'da known it'd be this boring on the outside, I'da stayed in prison."
- "Fighting like this brings back lots of memories."
- "I don't need a reason. I just like to fight."
- "Families are overrated, man. They're more hassle than they're worth."
- "How do you have time to train between all those bouts of braggin' yourself up?"
- "I thought you were s'posed to be way stronger than that. What happened?"
- "I ain't about to get beat by a classless chump like you! No way, no how!"
- "I ain't here to fight animals. Just buzz off an' I'll leave ya alone."
- "I thought you'd be a pushover, but you pulled off some impressive moves."
- "I'm tellin' ya lady, I ain't who you think I am. He died a long time ago."
- "Calm down, lady. I ain't your target."
- "You're all talk, man! Anyone ever tell you that before?"
- "If you fight this bad, I'd hate to hear your music!"
- "If your god is real, couldn't he just make it rain on your village?"
- "If you put half as much energy into the fight as you do moustache grooming..."
- "Take a chill pill, man. You're givin' me a headache."
- "Not interested in whatever it is you're sellin', fat boy. Beat it."
- "I'd hate to get on your bad side."
- "Nice moves, but too flashy. You'd get eaten alive in Metro City, man."
- "Watch out for karma, man. Things have a funny way of workin' themselves out..."
- "Sorry, pal, but I'm sick of takin' advice from my elders. Beat it."
- "Sometimes, justice don't prevail. You already knew that, right?"
- "Look, man. People change. I've changed. You've changed. That's the way it is."
- "What would you do if you had to fight a smoker? Wouldn't you catch fire?"
- "If you wanna fight, come at me for real. I ain't interested in kids' games."
- "I've got a certain amount of respect for people who don't follow rules."
- "Overcoming rivals? Taking care of your family? That's all lost on me, man."
- "I don't consider myself a good guy anymore, but I had to take you down!"
- "Not bad, but you need to deviate from the textbook if you really wanna win."
- "Haha, getting into a scrap with a dude like you makes this world worth living in!"
- "If you can change the future, what's the point of seeing it?"
- "Fightin's done with fists, not words. Learn to keep your mouth shut!"
- "I enjoy a serious fight now and then. That was fun!"
- "I didn't expect much, but you turned out to be one heck of a fighter."
- "Not bad for a wannabe. In a few more years, you'll be a real contender."
- "Next time you wanna take me on, dial back the weirdness a bit, will ya?"
- "Don't let me stand in your way if you got stuff to do. Good luck!"
- "I'm sick of your mouth, man. Get away from me before I start punchin' again!"
- "I don't need a reason to fight, pal. I just do it cause I love it."
- "I ain't looking to scrap with some punk kid. Get outta my face!"
- "I'm used to beatin' up big guys like you. You leave yourself wide open!"
- "You rely on your blade too much. There's an art to stuff like this y'know?"
- "Dancing? Friends? Not my style, kid. Feel free to fight me again any time, though."
- "Look sister, for the last time, I'm not joining you!"
- "Don’t you ever get tired of hearing yourself talk?"
- "Eh, what the hell."
- "Man, what a drag... Why can't ya leave me alone?"
- "Right! Time for me to fight!" - with Guy
- "Aw, man!"
- "(yawns) Boring."
- "Hey you, get serious already."
- "I dunno why you're so hung up on the past. It's over man."
- "Surpassing humanity? I dunno what you're talkin' about man. Sounds lame either way."
- "Was that all you got? Heh. Not even a warm up."
- "Not a bad way to kill some time I guess."
- "You're a lot better than you look, sister."
- "Get off my case already, if it'll shut you up. I'll go back to my cell if I feel like it."
- "That was a pretty good scrap. If you're gonna fight, you gotta be serious about it."
- "Whoever believes can be saved, huh... Sure sounds nice."
- "Fighting is all about winnin' or losin'. Tryin' to stick to rules would get you killed on the streets, man."
- "I'm not interested in kids games. And I don't wanna be your friend either."
- "Justice... Revenge... Don't need to get caught up in that crap. Don'cha think so?"
- "What happened, man? You got pretty weak. What've you been doin' all this time?"
- "Did ya think you could win on just size alone? Guess again, pal."
- "Aren't you s'posed to be a ninja? Your attacks are too straightforward. Coulda dodged with my eyes closed."
- "Don't get to enjoy fights where the other guy is just tryin' to kill you, often. Thanks."
- "Man, after all that talk I thought you'd put up a better fight. What a joke."
- "I don't give a crap about your plans. I just didn't like your face."
- "That fight almost put me to sleep. What have you been doin' all this time?"
- "Keepin' at it, eh? Not like I care. Do whatever you want man."
- "I don't know any Ken Masters, so get lost. You're buggin' the crap outta me."
- "Lighten up, man. Ain't no such thing as meaning in a fight. It's just fun."
- "Finally, a guy who I can really scrap with. Feels good to go all out."
- "You gotta come at me like you wanna kill me. Anything less is jus' boring."
- "What're you looking at? You're down on the ground like that 'cause you're weak. That's all."
- "I don't care about the love of your country. Just, if you get in my way, you're gonna get hurt."
- "I've seen a lot of crazy stuff over the years, but you're pretty high up on the scale."
- "If you're gonna pick a fight, at least bring the noise. That was boring."
- "Tone it down, man. And stay away from me. Not interested in your nonsense."
- "You get it. You gotta come at me like you wanna kill me. That was a good way to kill time."
- "I'm jus' interested in fightin'. Nothin' else."
- "It took an old man to finally bring some noise. What's this world comin' to..."
- "No such thing as gettin' cold feet in a fight. That's a buncha crap."
- "Fighting machines is borin'. Too predictable. All I can do is try an' rack up a high score."
- "You need to learn how to jus' say "screw it". Take a load off your shoulders."
- "Not bad, sister. Not bad at all. Stand up and we can scrap again."
- "Devil Gene? There's still people who believe in that kinda stuff?"
- "Takes more than just guts to win a scrap. It's all or nothin'."
- "I admire your guts for challengin' me, at least."
- "I know I'm not the one to talk, but that sure is a funny lookin' getup you're wearin'."
- "You can't be finished already, right? Tell me you got some other tricks up your sleeve."
- "You're better than a corrupt cop, but you know the do-gooders die young, right?"
- "This is a scrap, not an argument with mommy."
- "I'm tired of fightin' guys like you who think they can win on strength alone. Get lost."
- "Chill, girl. What could an assassin want with me?"
- "Now that's a real fight! It's about freakin' time..."
- "Pal, you're a long way from bein' the best in the universe."
- "Shadow clones? Whatever. Make as many as you want. I'll just clobber them all."
- "Those punches could stop a mosquito, maybe. C'mon man, get serious."
- "Fighting for the sake of someone, huh? I wouldn't know anything about that."
- "You think that little toy would scare me? Please. I've dealt with bigger an' better."
- "For a guy who is his own battery, that was weak. You need to come at me with more."
- "Not bad, but you’re still just a cat."
- "I'm used to fightin' guys with guns. You gotta do better than that."
- "I feel like I’ve seen you somewhere before… don’t remember where though."
- "Even cats can put up a good fight from time to time."