Dean is a towering, muscular fellow with tall, spiky, blond hair. He wears a white sleeveless T-shirt with black pants, headband, harness, wristbands, and boots.
Dean is a former street fighter who can collect energy from the air to generate electricity and use it as a weapon. His super move, the Scrap Dunk, consists of Dean grabbing the opponent as he rises into the air, and slamming them into the ground in an electrically-charged burst of energy.
When the Skull Cross Gang terrorizes the city in place of the now defunct Mad Gear Gang, Dean was one of the people they wanted in their group. While having extensive knowledge of the gang, Dean declined their offer. Stray and the gang maliciously murders his family and the grief-stricken Dean now seeks to avenge their deaths. He carries a picture of his family wherever he goes.
- Capcom has not officially explained how Dean manages to electrocute enemies. Some gamers think that he might be a cyborg. On the flip side, considering how Blanka and Laura are both fully organic, yet capable of using electricity, another possibility is that Dean's electrical attacks are based on Ki. None of the above ideas have been confirmed or denied by the developers.
- An image of Dean, Lucia and Haggar can be seen in issue one of Udon's Street Fighter Unlimited comic series.
- The trailer for the cancelled game, Final Fight: Seven Sons, shows one planned playable character, who is not named. Given the overall design as well as the usage of electrical attacks, this fighter may have been intended as either an updated version of Dean or, at the very least, a new character who mimicked his combat style, similar to how Maki and Carlos were otherwise separate individuals whose fighting abilities mirrored those of Guy and Cody, respectively.
- Dean shares traits with both Charlie and Guile from the Street Fighter series, wearing military-inspired clothing and a striking blond hairstyle. He also has a forelock similar to Charlie's and shares his fighting stance with him. Like Guile, he has also lost loved ones to murderous individuals and seeks to avenge them.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Street Fighter V Character Encyclopedia: Dean
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "Final Fight 3" bio
- ↑ http://hadoken.net/street-fighter-unlimited-1-preview/street-fighter-unlimited-1-preview_page_09/