|Likes||Explosives and wires, killing people, Darkness|
|Dislikes||Guile, Rolento, people who gets in his way|
|Hobbies||Explosives and wires, killing people|
|First game||Street Fighter EX|
|Japanese voice actor(s)||Wataru Takagi|
Doctrine Dark is a playable character from the Street Fighter EX series.
Born in Germany, Dark once served under the orders of Guile with his own special tactical reconnaissance unit. During his tour of duty, his own unit got into a bit of a scuffle with another rival unit, lead by Rolento. The minor scuffle escalated into a full-on battle, with both sides receiving heavy casualties. Doctrine Dark was the only member of his unit to escape. However, he was severely injured emotionally and physically. Outfitted with a portable breathing apparatus, he eventually escaped from the hospital and went into hiding, only to re-emerge as the deranged psychotic killer Doctrine Dark. Dark holds Guile responsible for the massacre of his unit. He blames Guile for not training him well, whom he accuses of being more concerned with chasing after M. Bison to avenge Charlie than with the safety of his own men. For these reasons, he seeks to kill Guile as a result.
Dark's fighting style can be comparable to Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat fighting game series, with his signature move being a wire that catches the opponent and can either drag them in for a combo (like the Mortal Kombat character) or electrified. He also makes use of concealed blades and explosives.
- Doctrine Dark has a similar hairstyle to Leon S.Kennedy, one of the main characters from Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4.
- Doctrine Dark is similar to Kabal from Mortal Kombat series. Both Dark and Kabal was covered by a gas mask which is Kabal was burnt alive and Dark was hit by Rolento in his chin due he can't breathe. Unlike Dark, Kabal is officially seen unmasked.
- When you're on the Versus Screen Vs. Doctrine Dark, the strange sound can be heard. It will never happend on Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha.
- Doctrine Dark's real name, as stated in various sources, is Holger.
- Doctrine Dark was probably based on Scorpion of Mortal Kombat, in his CGI rendered ending of Street Fighter EX Alpha Plus it is revealed his special unit's emblem is a scorpion, possibly a reference to Scorpion.
- His fighting stance is very similar to Lee Chaolan from Tekken 1 and Tekken 2.