|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
Specifically: Rewrite and reformat.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
Doctrine Dark wears a gas mask to breathe (since Rolento hit him in the chin), as well as military clothes that resembles a S.W.A.T uniform, he uses various weapons like a fiber wire, knives and explosives and has short blonde hair.
Doctrine Dark was a brave soldier with an exceptional sense for battle. Dark once served under the orders of Guile with his own special tactical reconnaissance unit. During his tour of duty, his own unit got into a bit of a scuffle with another rival unit, lead by Rolento. The minor scuffle escalated into a full-on battle, with both sides receiving heavy casualties. Doctrine Dark was the only member of his unit to escape. However, he was severely injured emotionally and physically.
Born in the United States and of German heritage, he was assigned to a special force with great expectations about his future. However, his unit was exterminated by an ambush from Rolento's enemy troops and he was the sole survivor. Filled with hatred for both Rolento and his former superior Guile, he has now become a killing machine burning with a desire for revenge, wanting to win by any means necessary.
Gameplay and fighting styleEdit
Dark's signature move is a wire that catches the opponent, and can either drag them in for a combo or electrify them. He also makes use of concealed blades and explosives.
- Doctrine Dark has a similar hairstyle to Leon S. Kennedy, one of the main characters from the Resident Evil series.
- Doctrine Dark's fighting style and dressing is similar to Karasu from YuYu Hakusho (both use explosives and wear a mask).
- Guile's Summer Vacation alternate costume in Ultra Street Fighter IV is based on Doctrine Dark.
- Charlie's second alternate costume in Street Fighter V, is also based on Doctrine Dark's outfit as his military outfit except the bulletproof vest and combat boots are green instead of blue.
- Doctrine Dark shows similarities to Scorpion, Kabal and Baraka of Mortal Kombat fame.
- Dark's moveset is somewhat similar to Scorpion's (being able to pull their opponents in with his wire, in a similar fashion to how Scorpion uses his spear) but in Dark's CGI rendered ending in Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha, it is revealed that his special unit's emblem is a scorpion.
- Both Dark and Kabal are covered by a gas mask, Kabal was burnt alive and Dark was hit by Rolento in his chin, due to this he can't breathe. Unlike Dark however, Kabal is officially seen unmasked.
- The blades on Dark's arms are similar to Baraka's.
Street Fighter EX series Edit
|Street Fighter EX Characters|
|EX||Original|| Akuma · Allen · Blair · Chun-Li · C. Jack · Darun · D. Dark · Guile|
Hokuto · Kairi · Ken · Pullum · Ryu · Skullomania · Zangief
|Plus||Bloody Hokuto · Cycloid-β · Cycloid-γ · Evil Ryu · Garuda · M. Bison|
|Plus α||Dhalsim · Sakura|
|EX2||Original||Blanka · Hayate · Nanase · Shadowgeist · Sharon · Vega|
|Plus||Area · Sagat · V. Rosso|
|EX3||Ace · Bison II|
|CPU Only||Shin-Bison · Cycloids · Zako|