This is a list of quotes used by E. Honda.
Street Fighter II series Edit
- "Can't you do better than that?"
- "It's natural for a sumo wrestler to become the world's strongest!"
Win Quote Edit
- "My Ochio throw is unbeatable!"
- "I worked up a nice sweat. I hope we can have another match."
- "You tried to throw a sumo wrestler? Stick to your other techniques!"
- "I have patience and an iron defense. You have a match loss!"
- "You are physically strong but mentally weak!"
- "Get up and I’ll squeeze the life from your body!"
- "Workout’s over, Time for lunch!"
- "Sumo will always be No. 1!!"
- "You wouldn’t last 3 seconds in a Sumo Ring."
Rival Dialouges Edit
Honda: Hey, you look strong! I've never seen such a devoted fighter!
Ryu: It's a rare honor to meet a Rikishi here. How about a fight?
Honda: Ga ha ha! That's what I'd expect a fellow countryman to say! One cannot comprehend a Sumo's greatness, until he fights one!
Sodom: What the...! Hey!! Do you remember me?!
Honda: You're the one who volunteered to fight at that Senshuraku! Have you improved since then? Want to try your Tsuppari on me?
Sodom: DOSUKOI!! Uhh... I mean, GO FOR IT!!
Sodom: "Domo crocodile!"... Umm... Aha! "Domo alligator!"
Honda: Ga ha ha ha! I don't know what you are talking about, but your Tsuppari was great! You may be a true Sekitori someday!
Win Quotes Edit
- "You need more Keiko, if you want to be a true Rikishi like me!"
- "What's the matter with you?! You should be more aggressive!"
- "Now you have learned the meaning of Sumo! DOSUKOI!"
- "Nothing is as thrilling as fighting in such a vast world!"
- "How was my Tsuppari? Stronger than you thought?! Ga ha ha ha!"
- "Good spirit! But you should push an opponent with more force!"
- "A Sumo Wrestler is big... But the world is much, much bigger!"
- "Eat Chanko to build your body! Push the opponent out of Dohyo!"
Capcom vs. SNK series Edit
Ending Quote Edit
- "As I thought, sumo is the #1 sport in the world!"
Win Quotes Edit
- "Your weak style of fighting is no match for Sumo!" (hold 2K)
- "I've never had my Mage disheveled in a fight..." (hold 2P)
- "I have seventy finishing moves!" (hold HK)
- "Our fighting was like art in motion!" (hold HP)
- "You should practice hard and then try again!" (hold HP+HK)
- "Sumo is the greatest sport in the entire world!" (hold LK)
- "Ha ha! That was a dramatic finish, wasn't it?" (hold LP)
- "The power of Sumo shines once again!!" (hold LP+LK)
Before Finals Edit
- "Shenkuratsu has come! It is time to show off Sumo power!"
Win Quotes Edit
- "Sumo is the greatest sport in the entire world! You will respect it!"
- "Ha ha ha! That was a dramatic finish, wasn't it?"
- "A victory mark for me! The power of Sumo shines once again!!"
- "Our fighting was like art in motion!"
- "It was too easy a victory! You should practice hard and then try again!"
- "You haven't seen everything yet! Actually, I have seventy finishing moves!"
- "Your weak style of fighting is no match for Sumo! Why don't you switch?"
- "I have never had my Mage disheveled in a fight before... Good job"
Street Fighter IV series Edit
E. Honda: "Hey! I hear you're a chef! Whaddya say we get a bite after this? Chanko stew'll blow you away!"
El Fuerte: "Sounds good!"
Reporter: "Ozeki, how do you plan to make it up to the fans for abandoning the sumo circuit?"
Honda's Boss: "So, the prodigal son returns! Until you finish up the season, you won't be settin' foot on Japanese soil! "
E. Honda: "Bring it on! I'll take on every one of ya!Look out, Olympics! Here I come!"
- "Go on, attack me!"
- "Wanna get a bite to eat?"
- "Put your back into it!"
- "What an honor."
- "What a shame."
- "You can't hurt me!"
- "Come on already, let's get going!"
- "We're just gettin' started!"
Round Win QuoteEdit
- "It's a wide world!"
- "You did well. It was an honor!"
- "See that? I'm glorious!"
- "The sponsors won't be pleased with a pitiful move like that!"
- "You've gotta learn how to use your stomach as a counterweight, fool!"
- "Say, that was kinda fun! You might have what it takes to be a sumo wrestler!"
- "Exercise and training! That's how I got to be this good!"
- "I'm the best in Japan! Heh, I'm the best in the freakin' world!"
- "Impressed with sumo? Come check out a real match someday, eh?"
- "I'm takin' sumo on a worldwide tour! And you've got front row seats!"
- "You can't be strong if you ain't huge! No fewer than five meals a day, I say!"
- "If you wanna learn about strength, sign up for one of my seminars!"
- "Ha ha! You can't compete with sumo!"
- "Wah ha ha! That was fun! Wanna go again?"
Arcade Mode Edit
- "Lookin' for someone, are ya? Have you tried talkin' to the cops?"
- "You've got a great fighting stance! Low center of gravity is the way to go!"
- "Between your hooks and counters, color me impressed!"
- "Talk about your way-out moves! Show me that again, will ya?"
- "You're one skinny chick! You might wanna look into eatin' more than once a week!"
- "You may be fast, but your kicks feel like mosquito bites to me!"
- "Talk about weird fighting styles! You got gadgets up the wazoo, dontcha?"
- "You can't just talk the talk, man! One of these days, ya gotta learn how to fight!"
- "Fire breathing? Levitation? Is this a fight or a magic show?"
- "It's hard to beat an opponent who can read every move you've got!"
- "Next time, we'll fight in the kitchen! My chanko stew is unbeatable!"
- "What a voice! My ears'll be ringin' for weeks!"
- "For an old-timer, you sure move quick! Guess I underestimated you!"
- "Say, have I met you before?"
- "You've got skills, but it doesn't look like you're enjoyin' yourself much..."
- "You're one aggressive fighter! I like your style!"
- "You've gotta keep your feet on the ground if you wanna win in this game!"
- "That's a strange technique ya got there, sister. You some kinda magician?"
- "You've got a body like a sumo wrestler! Ever consider joining a stable?"
- "You're no ordinary man! Ever consider a career in sumo?"
- "Impressive! I guess you're famous for a reason!"
- "Good to see you're as peppy as always, kid. Keep it up!"
- "It takes training to really be strong! Imitation is no substitute!"
- "It takes more than speed to topple a giant like me!"
- "You're one heckuva grappler. Wanna be my apprentice?"
- "Well, that's strange... I boarded what I thought was a ship to America in order to spread the joys of Sumo. I wonder where I ended up? Meh... Whatever! The best way to make new Sumo fans all over the world is to show 'em the real deal up close an' personal! Then they'll see how fun it is! Go for it! Step into the ring! Attack me as a group if ya want! I'm game! Gah hah ha ha ha! This is my first time on the international circuit, and it's a blast! If I keep this up, I'm bound to earn tons of fans!"
During Orochi BreakerEdit
- "Sayonara, sucker!"
Sumo #1: "Oh, dear. Where'd that big lug get off to this time?"
Sumo #2: "This is no good."
Honda's Boss: "Hey, you two! I don't see Honda around. You didn't let him wander off again, did you?"
Honda: "The only way to get Sumo in the Olympics is to join the committee myself!"
Win Quotes Edit
- "I'm the best Japan has to offer! And I'm off to conquer the world!"
- "Sumo is fun to watch, but even more fun to try out for yourself!"
- "You'd better pack on the pounds or I'll be able to knock you over with a touch!"
- "You need to go back and start your training over again, bub!"
- "Phew! Not bad! I almost threw in the towel!"
- "Man, I'm starving! I could go for some chanko stew!"
- "Gah hah ha ha! I love seeing new moves in the ring!"
- "Nothin' like a good fight to make you feel all warm an' fuzzy inside!"
- "I'm just gettin' started! I haven't shown you half of what I can do!"
- "Oh, yeah!
- "Victory is mine!"
Arcade Mode Edit
- "Not bad, kid. Have you considered taking up sumo?"
- "Why not give the arrogant talk a rest and concentrate on your moves, huh?"
- "You may be strong and fast, but you couldn't withstand my moves!"
- "Not a lot of variety in boxing, is there?"
- "I like your style, bub! Have you considered a career in sumo?"
- "You're fast, but you're too light on your feet to hurt the likes of me!"
- "I could barely feel your blows! You've got legs like a sumo wrestler, though."
- "It must be hard to fight with those handcuffs on!"
- "Anything else up your sleeve, lady?"
- "You oughta try sumo! I bet a unique fighter like you would be popular!"
- "You've got an infectious smile, pal, I'll give you that!"
- "It takes more than meditation to get strong! You've gotta practice!"
- "Just like sumo wrestlers, there are lots of different kinds of boxers, huh?"
- "Eat enough chanko stew and you can be strong like me! Whaddya say?"
- "Your face is as scary as your body is strong!"
- "You're full of pep, but shouting at me isn't enough to knock me out!"
- "You sure have some fancy moves. It must have taken forever to learn them all!"
- "If you just sit there waiting for your chance, victory will pass you by!
- "I'm no expert, but aren't ninjas s'posed to sneak around in the dark an' whatnot?"
- "Whaddya think, Mr. Hakan? Why not learn some sumo techniques while you're here?"
- "Sure are a lotta ninjas about lately. I wish sumo had so many apprentices..."
- "No holds barred for this little lady! For a young'un, you sure pack a punch!"
- "Aggressive opponents are fun! Of course, even they can't beat me!"
- "Hovering around like that only makes it easier to knock you down!"
- "You've got what it takes, kid! You're gonna go far! No doubt about it!"
- "I thought you had powered up, but turns out it was just my imagination! Haha!"
- "Your hocus-pocus has shown me that some moves rely on more than brute strength!"
- "I like the cut of your jib, fella. You just need a bit more muscle mass."
- "Not bad! You know, I could make you an apprentice wrestler if you want!"
- "You're quite a formidable fighter!"
- "I'm proud to see how strong Japanese girls have gotten!"
- "There's more to a move than the way it looks! All sumo wrestlers know that!"
- "You've got quite a physique! You just need to work on your flexibility!"
- "If I wanted to see a dude in tights jumping around, I'd go to the circus!"
- "Come back when you've put on a bit more muscle!"
- "It's going to take a hundred more years of training to beat this sumo wrestler!"
- "I'm the Ozeki! No one can beat me!"
Win Quotes Edit
Arcade Mode Edit
- "Could you teach me one dance? I'll teach you some Sumo in return !"
- "Your size would make you an excellent sumo wrestler."
- "Running a wrestling enterprise is hard work. I know how you feel, lady!"
- "How about including a contigent of Sumo wrestlers in your army?"