Eagle as he appears in Capcom vs. SNK 2.
|Birthdate||December 31, 1953|
|Height||6'0" (183 cm)|
|Weight||165 lbs (75 kg)|
|Likes||Roast Beef, being a gentleman|
|Dislikes||Ungentlemanly behavior, unrefined fellows|
|Hobbies||Golf (handicap 0)|
|Moveset||St. Andrew's Green, Liverpool White, Manchester Black, Canterbury Blue, Oxford Red|
|First game||Street Fighter|
|Japanese voice actor(s)||Jin Yamanoi (Street Fighter Alpha 3, Capcom vs. SNK 2)|
- "I'm very glad. Ha ha ha!"
Eagle is a tall, muscular fighter with blond hair arranged in a pompadour. In the original Street Fighter, Eagle's outfit consisted of a dinner suit without the jacket, a bow tie, and suspenders. However, in Capcom vs. SNK 2 and the Game Boy Advance and PlayStation Portable version of SFA3, he wears a white dress shirt with a red ascot tie, black pants, white gloves, and of course, his braces (suspenders). His pomp, braces (suspenders), and formal dress make Eagle some sort of mixed counter-culture counterpart to Birdie, a punk.
Eagle was born in the UK. A cold-blooded individual, Eagle is a bouncer who was employed as a newly-rich noble family's bodyguard during the first World Warrior tournament. He was hired to defeat Sagat, but was unsuccessful and returned to the bar scene, eventually becoming a living legend.
In the GBA and PSP version of Street Fighter Alpha 3, Eagle seeks to perfect the beauty of his style, and find a perfect duel to match. He finds Guile and, knowing he is the bravest and strongest fighter in the Air Force, wants to test him. Guile refuses, saying that he is busy, but Eagle persists they fight nonetheless. After Eagle wins their match, he wants to know what Guile's mission is. Guile tells him he is on a mission to stop a narcotics ring called Shadaloo, and has heard rumors about Sagat joining them. Once Eagle hears this, he decides to find the Muay Thai King in order to test his long-time rival.
Finally, he finds Sagat, and finds it unfitting to see the former Muay Thai King reduced to a mere Shadaloo goon. M. Bison is intrigued to see Sagat defeated by Eagle, and fights him, but emerges the victor. Guile asks him to help do one more thing; rescue Charlie and destroy the Psycho Drive. While they infiltrate Shadaloo's headquarters, they find Charlie trapped in the Psycho Drive Power Plant. Eagle then destroys the machine with his perfected fighting skills and saves Charlie from harm. Eagle is excited that he had the chance to be back on the battlefield and thanks Guile, Chun-Li, and Charlie for the experience.
Other appearances Edit
Eagle made long time return in Capcom vs. SNK 2 as a playable character.
Eagle's fighting style uses two single sticks in a form reminiscent of eskrima (if not outright so).
- He is named after the Golfing term "Eagle." The other British character from the first Street Fighter game; Birdie is also named after a golf term.
- Starting with his Capcom vs. SNK 2 incarnation, it is apparent that Eagle had been made into an homage to the late Queen frontman, Freddie Mercury. In addition to resembling a blonde version of Mercury, some of Eagle's quotes are remniscent of him.
- This has lead to speculation that since Mercury was homosexual, Eagle is as well. This is backed up by several of his Japanese winquotes, which seem to indicate that he is homosexual.
- He is one of the first two characters to wield a weapon in the series, along with Geki.
- Of all the characters in the original Street Fighter, Eagle is the only one whose second appearance would not be within the Street Fighter II or Street Fighter Alpha series. In his case, it was Capcom vs. SNK 2 which marked his playable debut. He did, however, join the Alpha series afterwards in the GBA and PSP version of Street Fighter Alpha 3.
- Eagle appeared in the pages of Masaomi Nakahira's Street Fighter Alpha manga years before his actual comeback in the games as an opponent seemingly killed by Adon. The same happened with Maki in Nakahira's Sakura Ganbaru manga. Both made their comeback in Capcom vs. SNK 2 with slight redesigns inspired by their manga appearances.
- After fighting Adon in Street Fighter Alpha 3, Eagle says "So little has changed since I saw you last...", a reference to the fact that both were in the original Street Fighter, and that neither have been in the same game until then.
- Mr. Big's (from SNK's Art of Fighting and King of Fighters series) fighting style is similar to Eagle's own fighting style, possessing some similar attributes.
- Each of Eagle's special attacks and Super Combos are named after a British city, locale, or historical reference.
- In the original Street Fighter, Eagle's stage is in front of a castle (presumably that of the noble family he works as a bodyguard for) standing in British countryside and overlooking a lake in a valley. The English castle background from Street Fighter II - i.e., the background where Cammy fights - is reminiscent of Eagle's background.
- Dudley also wears a dinner suit and hails from England, as well as having the same characteristic of being gentlemen and upholding chivalrous values. Necro is completely different from Eagle in terms of visual appearance, but two of Necro's special moves (i.e., Flying Viper and Tornado Hook) are highly reminiscent of Eagle's moves from the original Street Fighter.
- In Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, it shows that Eagle and Zangief have some sort of rivalry before they fight. However, this is somewhat dubious, since they have never been shown interacting with each other.
- In the Gameboy Advance version of Street Fighter Alpha 3, Eagle's winquote to Guile indicates that he thinks Guile himself does not live up to his name.
|Street Fighter Characters|
|Adon – Birdie – Eagle – Geki – Gen – Joe – Ken – Lee – Mike – Retsu – Ryu – Sagat|
|Street Fighter Alpha Characters|
|Adon – Akuma (Shin) – Balrog – Birdie – Blanka – Cammy – Charlie – Chun-Li – Cody – Dan – Dee Jay – Dhalsim – E. Honda – Eagle – Evil Ryu – Fei Long – Gen – Guile – Guy – Ingrid – Juli – Juni – Karin – Ken – M. Bison (Final) – Maki – R. Mika – Rolento – Rose – Ryu – Sagat – Sakura – Sodom – T. Hawk – Vega – Zangief|