|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
Specifically: Format to match the rest of the character articles and fix any possible grammar errors.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
Gan Isurugi (石動 岩 Isurugi Gan) is a fighting game character from the Rival Schools series.
Gan is a fun-loving but simple-minded man who believe just about anything and for that, he'll almost never notice if someone is taking advantage of him. He always looks forward to having three meals a day, each meal always having five cups of rice stacked on top of the other in his bowl. For snacks, he likes onigiri (rice balls).
Gan is a student from Gedo High and member of the school's gang. He and Edge joins Akira's search of Daigo. Like Edge, he is initially distrustful of Akira, but eventually accepts her as part of the gang even after she reveals her true identity. His ending has him inspired by his experiences to begin studying hard in class, albeit without much success. Edge notices Gan studying and the latter replies that Akira told him to study harder if he likes to gain more respect from other people. To Gan's irritation however, he rips the textbook in half stating that it was annoying. Akira later arrives and scolds Gan that the textbook that he ripped was not free much to his disappointment.
Gan's role is much similar to Edge's, with both being used to attack random schools and he does not have a conversation like both Edge and Daigo have. He was the only person to point out both Akira and Zaki were confronted by a brainwashed Daigo during the school gang war between Gedo High and Seijyun High, both of them comes to Akira's aid. Akira tries to wake her older brother from the brainwash, but to no avail, she is forced to fight him with their assistance. After Daigo is freed from the brainwash, he and Edge are infuriated that Justice High School was behind everything as Daigo tells them that the truth will reveal beneath said school.
After the incident, Gan and Edge became the new undisputed gang leaders after Daigo gives his undisputed gang leadership to them and leaves to train once more.
Some of Gan's techniques are based on Sumo wrestling. Due to his size, however, he is extremely slow, making him a very difficult character to play. As compensation, he has many skills, some of which are highly damaging. His Team-Up assist is one of the four most damaging Team-Up Techniques in the game, tied with Momo's, Wild Daigo's and Shoma's in terms of damage rating.
- Gun Stabbing (Japanese: 鉄砲突き Teppou Zuki) - Gan does a Sumo shove. Depending on the punch button pressed for this move's button combination, Gan may do just one shove or do another.
- Clapping Smash (Japanese: 柏手破り Kashiwade Yaburi) - Gan does does a massive clap at the opponent's head. Depending on the punch button pressed for this move's button combination, the opponent may be knocked backwards, or stunned for a brief moment.
- Raging Storm (Japanese: 大嵐 Ooran) - Unblockable command throw. The downside is that this does not work on crouching opponents.
- Giant Cyclone (Japanese: 大旋風 Oosenpuu) - Air command throw, which means that this is an air-only move. This cannot be used in an Air Combo, and is better used as a surprise move.
- Rock Breaker (Japanese: 岩石砕き Ganseki Kudaki) - An air-only move. Gan falls straight down on the opponent. More powerful when used against opponents on the ground, in which this move disorients the opponent upon impact.
- Destructive Wave Stomping (Japanese: 荒波四股 Aranami Shiko) - Gan does an overhead stomp. It can knock the opponent OTG (off the ground), and is very damaging. Its Hard Kick version can be chained for another stomp by simply pressing the kick button again.
- Face Strike (Japanese: ぶちかまし Buchikamashi) - Gan tackles the opponent headfirst. Depending on the kick button pressed for this move's button combination, he may either knock the opponent backwards, or send the opponent high into the air.
Burning Vigor AttacksEdit
- Unruly Gun Stabbing (Japanese: 乱れ鉄砲突き Midare Teppou Zuki) - Powered version of Gun Stabbing. The last blow knocks the opponent into a random obstacle in the field, scoring a bonus hit.
- Volcanic Eruption (Japanese: 噴火山 Funkazan) - Unblockable super throw. Gan repeatedly slams the opponent left and right into the ground, then whirls the latter into the air a few times before the final slam. Highly damaging.
- Avalanche Smash (Japanese: 雪崩落とし Setsuhou Otoshi) - An air-only technique. This is Gan's unblockable super air throw.
- Active Volcano (Japanese: 活火山 Kakkazan) - Gan and the active character grab the opponent's arms and legs, then slam the opponent three times into the ground, with the last slam dealing the most damage.
- Gan does the Gedo Top.
- The following details on Gan's life is as described.
- Gan lives with both his parents, three younger brothers, and three younger sisters, making him the eldest of the siblings.
- He likes rice balls, as evident in some of his victory poses after a round of fighting.
- His only other special talent (if it does really count), aside from Sumo wrestling, is eating a lot at a fast pace.
- Except for physical education, he fares poorly in all other subjects.
- Although he is a member of the Sumo club, he never attends it.
- Sometimes, he does one-day jobs that require physical strength, such as in road construction, moving companies, and the like.
- Gan's sumo instructor, Kinzan, appears as one of the instructors of Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2.
- During the production of the US version, his last name was misread as Sekidou. Some Rival Schools fans, on the other hand, sometimes misread his last name as Ishido.
- He is one of the two Rival Schools characters to be voiced by Takashi Nagasako. The other one is Boman.
|Rival Schools Characters|
|Rival Schools: United by Fate|| Akira · Batsu · Boman · Daigo · Edge · Gan · Hayato|
Hideo · Hinata · Hyo · Kyoko · Kyosuke · Natsu
Raizo · Roberto · Roy · Sakura · Shoma · Tiffany
|Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2||Nagare · Ran|
|Project Justice||Chairperson · Kurow · Momo · Yurika · Zaki|