Geki, as he appears in Street Fighter.
|Height||5'11" (180 cm)|
|Weight||159 lbs (72 kg)|
|Fighting style||Arranged Ninjutsu|
|First game||Street Fighter|
- "Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
- —Geki, Street Fighter
Geki is a claw-wielding ninja who also uses shuriken and teleportation techniques. He fights in a meadow from where Mount Fuji can be seen. Like most of the characters from the original Street Fighter game, very little information has been revealed about him.
In the UDON comic book miniseries Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki, Geki refers not to an individual, but an entire clan of shinobi (in actuality, a clan of ninjas known as the Geki Clan), as the main antagonist. In issue #1, a Geki assassin with a claw attacks Ibuki, but is defeated. The reason for this animosity is explained that Ibuki's village was founded by a shinobi who left the Geki clan.
In UDON's Street Fighter II comics, one of the Geki ninjas receives an assignment to kill Gen, ultimately failing, as Gen ultimately murders him in front of a young Chun-Li, then under his tutelage. Other members of the clan are summoned by Vega to fight Zangief and E. Honda in the Japanese qualifying round for the second World Warrior tournament.
- It is a possibility that Geki was the one who trained Vega in the art of Ninjutsu, since the latter went to Japan to study it according to the canon storyline.
- Wielding his claw, Geki is one of the first two characters in the Street Fighter series to have any sort of weapon, the other being Eagle with his clubs.
- Geki is the first character in the series who has the ability to teleport. He teleports ninja-style with a smoke flash. Many other character were later given teleport techniques (most notably Dhalsim).
- Geki was one of five characters (the other being Retsu, Lee, Mike, and Joe) from the original Street Fighter arcade game to never return in the later Street Fighter games, though Mike and Joe look-alikes were seen in the SFII arcade intro, but were never playable or seen in-game.
- Interestingly enough, Geki's costume appears as a swap costume for Tekken's Lars Alexandersson in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://blog.sfrpg.com.br/post/Geki.aspx
- ↑ http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/?paged=2
- ↑ http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Copy-of-IBL_01_17BG.jpg
|Street Fighter Characters|
|Adon – Birdie – Eagle – Geki – Gen – Joe – Ken – Lee – Mike – Retsu – Ryu – Sagat|