- "Ah ha ha ha ha ha!"
- —Geki, Street Fighter
Geki is a claw-wielding ninja who also uses shuriken and teleportation techniques. He fights in a meadow overlooking a large lake, from which Mount Fuji can be seen. Like most of the characters from the original Street Fighter who did not appear in later installments, very little information is known about him. However the Street Fighter V website reveals that a second generation "Geki" (二代目-"The Second", "II") has replaced the seemingly deceased original, who wields a Ninjatō instead of the claw his original counterpart had.
In the UDON comic book miniseries Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki, Geki refers not to an individual, but an entire clan of shinobi known as the Geki Clan, who serve as the main antagonists. The reason for this animosity is explained that Ibuki's village was founded by a shinobi who left the Geki clan. In issue #1, a Geki assassin with a claw attacks Ibuki, but is defeated.
In UDON's Street Fighter II comics, one of the Geki ninjas receives an assignment to kill Gen; Gen kills him in front of a young Chun-Li, then under his tutelage. Other members of the clan are summoned by Vega to fight Zangief and E. Honda in the Japanese qualifying round for the second World Warrior tournament.
- It is a possibility that Geki was the one who trained Vega in the art of Ninjutsu, since the latter went to Japan to study it according to the games' storyline. Vega also wears the same type of claw weapon like Geki's.
- Geki is one of the first two characters in the Street Fighter series to have any sort of weapon, the other being Eagle with his clubs.
- He is also the first character in the series who has the ability to teleport.
- Geki was one of five characters (the other being Retsu, Lee, Mike, and Joe) from the original Street Fighter arcade game to never return in later Street Fighter games.
- Geki's costume appears as a swap costume for Tekken's Lars Alexandersson in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- In one episode of the Street Fighter animated series, Akuma disguises himself as a ninja-like warrior that resembles Geki.
- Geki was once considered for the arcade version of Street Fighter: The Movie. According to Alan Noon, they intended on making the character female, but Capcom did not allow a gender switch and suggested them to do an original character instead. In the end, the character was scrapped. 
- His concept seems to have been passed down to Vega and Ibuki, which is likely the reason he never became playable.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Street Fighter V Character Encyclopedia: Geki
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3N0LnodivM
- ↑ http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/?paged=2
- ↑ http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Copy-of-IBL_01_17BG.jpg
- ↑ http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/1421996#Comment_1421996
|Street Fighter Characters|
|Playable||Ken · Ryu|
|CPU Only||Adon · Birdie · Eagle · Geki · Gen · Joe · Lee · Mike · Retsu · Sagat|