- "Ah ha ha ha ha ha!"
- —Geki, Street Fighter
Geki is a claw-wielding ninja who also uses shuriken and teleportation techniques. He fights in a meadow overlooking a large lake, from which Mount Fuji can be seen. Like most of the characters from the original Street Fighter who did not appear in later installments, very little information is known about him. The Street Fighter V website implies that he has been killed during his activities in Asia, and that Geki II has followed his footsteps.
In the UDON comic book miniseries Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki, Geki refers not to an individual, but an entire clan of shinobi known as the Geki Clan, who serve as the main antagonists. The reason for this animosity is explained that Ibuki's village was founded by a shinobi who left the Geki clan. In issue #1, a Geki assassin with a claw attacks Ibuki, but is defeated.
In UDON's Street Fighter II comics, one of the Geki ninjas receives an assignment to kill Gen; Gen kills him in front of a young Chun-Li, then under his tutelage. Other members of the clan are summoned by Vega to fight Zangief and E. Honda in the Japanese qualifying round for the second World Warrior tournament.
- It is a possibility that Geki was the one who trained (or at the very least inspired) Vega in the art of Ninjutsu, since the latter went to Japan to study it according to the games' storyline. Vega also wears the same type of claw weapon like Geki's.
- Geki is one of the first two characters in the Street Fighter series to have any sort of weapon, the other being Eagle with his clubs.
- He is also the first character in the series who has the ability to teleport.
- Geki was one of five characters (the other being Retsu, Lee, Mike, and Joe) from the original Street Fighter arcade game to never return in later Street Fighter games.
- His concept seems to have been passed down to Vega and Ibuki, which is likely the reason Geki never became playable.
- In one episode of the Street Fighter animated series, Akuma disguises himself as a ninja-like warrior that resembles Geki.
- Geki was once considered for the arcade version of Street Fighter: The Movie. According to Alan Noon, they intended on making the character female, but Capcom did not allow them to change his gender and suggested them to do an original character instead. In the end, the character was scrapped. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3N0LnodivM
- ↑ Street Fighter V Character Encyclopedia: Geki II
- ↑ http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/?paged=2
- ↑ http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Copy-of-IBL_01_17BG.jpg
- ↑ http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/1421996#Comment_1421996
|Street Fighter Characters|
|Playable||Ken · Ryu|
|CPU Only||Adon · Birdie · Eagle · Geki · Gen · Joe · Lee · Mike · Retsu · Sagat|