|All appearances||+ (+ or for varied followups)|
Executed by performing a quarter-circle forward motion and pressing punch, Karin steps forward while launching up to three strikes; the motions must be buffered to obtain the maximum amount of hits. The horizontal distance covered in each step is determined by the punch button pressed during the move startup, with heavier punches meaning greater distances.
After any of the first two strikes, the player can choose one of these followups:
- For and (or simply after the second hit), Karin performs a Hou Shou;
- For , Karin does a Mujin Kyaku;
- For and , Karin executes a Ressen Chou (up to 2 times if is pressed twice);
- For and , Karin attacks with a Ressen Ha;
- For and or , Karin stops dead on her tracks with a Yasha Gaeshi (upper or lower, depending on the button pressed);
- For and , Karin follows with a Guren Daisoku Barai (紅蓮大足払い Crimson Lotus Great Leg Sweep?), a low-hitting sliding kick, with both legs pushed forward on a sidestand.
In Capcom Fighting Evolution, an alternate version called the Guren Ken: Kai (紅蓮拳・改 Crimson Lotus Fist: Revision?) is done with a half-circle forward motion and any punch button ( + ). Inputting a punch button again results in the Guren Setsu (紅蓮楔 Crimson Lotus Wedge?).
The huge plethora of followups allows Karin to mount several kinds of combos, create escape routes and retort safely against all kinds of enemy attacks (except for projectiles, which Karin must evade against). However, despite the simplicity of the extra inputs, these setups must be precisely entered, as Karin will likely be left widely vulnerable for counterattack after each missed strike.
- Oga (followup structure only)
- Change of Direction
- Whip of Love
- Spin Scythe
- Patriot Circle
- Ressen Chou