Hakan, as he appears in Super Street Fighter IV with his daughters and wife in the background
|Height||6' 3" (190 cm)|
|Weight||242 lbs (110 kg)|
|Fighting style||Yağlı güreş (Traditional Turkish Oil Wrestling)|
|Likes||His wife, his daughters, chanko, his hair, oil|
|Dislikes||Cigarettes; fire; industrial espionage; S.I.N., for building weapons; others claiming that their style is superior to his|
|Rival(s)||E. Honda (friendly), Crimson Viper, Seth|
|Moveset||Oil Slide, Oil Shower, Oil Rocket, Oil Dive, Flying Oil Spin, Oil Coaster, Oil Combination Hold|
|First game||Super Street Fighter IV|
- "Looks like it's time to oil up!"
Hakan is the first Turkish character introduced in the Street Fighter series.
Hakan created specifically to be "something that was never seen in a Street Fighter game before.". The creators searched for an interesting new fighting style on websites such as YouTube to come up with a new off-the-wall character akin to Blanka or Dhalsim. Rumors pointed to the Karate Clown as the new character prior to Hakan's unveiling.
Hakan is the president of one of the world's leading edible oil manufacturers and a leader in Turkey's national sport of Yağlı güreş. He enters the S.I.N. tournament to showcase his skills, while also travelling the world in search of inspiration for a new oil recipe (after beating up and interrogating a trespassing thug whom he accuses of being an industrial spy).
During the tournament, Hakan encounters E. Honda, who is revealed to be an old friend. Their meeting gets competitive when each claims that theirs is the best fighting style in the world, and a match ensues. Honda loses and acknowledges that it was a good fight, but warns Hakan not to expect him to lose next time as he leaves. Hakan then muses that Japan has a number of different oils, and tells his family that they are heading to Japan to expand their business.
Hakan has a very strong belief that his own fighting style is the best in the world. He also has (according to his win quotes in arcade mode) mixed regard depending on what fighter he has fought. Some like Ryu, Gouken, Zangief and Dhalsim he holds in high regard, but others like Rufus, El Fuerte and Adon holds with low regard, and he also responds to evil characters quite harshly (he even considers Cody an evil person because of his prison uniform). Though, he considers E. Honda a good friend, but their beliefs in thier own respective fighting styles make them more like rivals than friends. Even with his love for Turkish oil wrestling, what he loves more is his family.
Hakan is a huge Turkish oil wrestler with deep red skin and a strong accent. He has strange turquoise hair worn in circular curls aligned rather symmetrically on his head and a large mustache. He wears a large belt that not only bears a golden lion's head as its buckle, but also cradles an enormous golden chain that links from belt to shoulderpad like a bandolier. He wears tight blue pants moderately similar to traditional Yağlı güreş garb, but they are adorned with golden ringlets and leather bands. He also wears wristbands and anklebands. Though not used or visible during combat, he can also be seen toting around a massive barrel, with a golden lion's head similar to the one on his belt emblazoned upon one end. The barrel contains a large quantity of oil, as can be deduced when he hoists it above his head and drenches himself with it at the beginning of each match.
A practitioner of Yağlı güreş, Hakan's moves revolve around the application of oil to his body. When he is "dry" he still maintains a slippery body and the same movesets, but when he applies oil, he receives many advantages such as sliding further on the ground during his slide attack, and having a longer range for his command throw. The application of oil makes him "glow" for a short amount of time, acting as a timer of sorts for his current oiling. Since his playstyle is based heavily on "oiling up" to achieve additional range, many of his attacks are designed to provide him the space needed to do so.
- The appearance of Hakan's hair is a pun, as he is Turkish (the Japanese word for Turkey is "Toruko"), his hair resembles stone (the Japanese word for stone is "Ishi"), and his hair color is turquoise (the Japanese word for turquoise is "Toruko Ishi" and, worldwide, the color turquoise is associated with Turkish people).
- Hakan is one of the few people in the Street Fighter series to state E. Honda's first name. In his rival cutscene, he calls him "his old friend, Mr. Honda", as well as "Edmond".
- Early ideas for Hakan may have started with the concept of a Karate Clown.
- His Super Combo and his Ultra Combos all end with the opponent hitting the stage's invisible "wall".
- Oil wrestling is the regional sport of Turkish Thrace (Eastern Thrace). Greek occupation of Eastern Thrace (started with Tekirdağ) ended on November 13th, 1922. Hakan's birthday is November 13th.
- Hakan is noticeably similar in appearance and moves to Street Fighter EX's Darun Mister.
- Hakan's second Ultra, Oil Combination Hold, is always done facing the right side of the screen.
- In Super Street Fighter IV, if you use Oil Shower, and then use his Focus Attack, you can actually slide forward and back while charging.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 capcom.com SF4 Hakan profile
- ↑ http://gdc.gamespot.com/story/6253280/super-street-fighter-iv-updated-hands-on-%96-hakan-ibuki-makoto-and-dudley?tag=topslot;thumb;2
|Street Fighter IV Characters|
|Abel - Adon – Akuma – Balrog – Blanka – Cammy – Chun-Li – Cody - Crimson Viper – Dan – Dee Jay - Dhalsim - Dudley – E. Honda – El Fuerte – Evil Ryu - Fei Long – Gen – Gouken – Guile – Guy - Hakan - Ibuki - Juri - Ken – M. Bison - Makoto – Oni - Rose – Rufus – Ryu – Sagat – Sakura – Seth - Shin Akuma - T. Hawk - Vega – Yang - Yun - Zangief|