|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
Specifically: Expand and format to match the rest of the character articles.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
- For other uses, see Hayate (disambiguation).
Hayate (ハヤテ?) is a video game character from the Street Fighter series, first appearing in Street Fighter EX2. He is a noble samurai attempting to follow the footsteps of his legendary missing father.
Hayate is a Japanese swordsman from the village of Kukunochi whose father was the legendary hero who sealed the beast of Orochi. When Orochi escapes from his imprisonment and kidnaps the local shrine maiden, Hayate slays the demon like his father did before him. Hayate and the maiden then become the new guardian deities of the village.
Hayate is notable for being the only character from the original Street Fighter EX2 not to return in the arcade version of Street Fighter EX2 Plus. He appears in the PlayStation version as a hidden character. According to the game's storyline, Hayate vanquishes the demon his father once sealed and saves the local shrine maiden, becoming the new guardian deity of Kukunoichi, which may explain this. He's also the only character in Street Fighter EX2 Plus who did not return in Street Fighter EX3.
Hayate fights using a katana, although he only uses it in his command normals, special moves, super moves and throws.
- His Tsumuji Kagero Kyoku Super Combo was nicknamed "UFO" by the developers.
- Though never officially stated, it is implied that Hayate and Garuda could be related, as they have some things in common. In his Street Fighter V profile, Garuda was said to have been a legendary swordsman and a hero to his village, before becoming a demon. Hayate's father was also a hero who had disappeared before Hayate was born, for unknown reasons. While Hayate seals demons, Garuda is a demon himself.
- There are some similarities between Hayate and Kyo Kusanagi from The King of Fighters series. Both have brown hair, wear a white headband, and have antagonizing ties towards an entity based on the Yamata-no-Orochi. Though unlike Hayate, Kyo does not wield a weapon, has a personality and acts as one of the main protagonists of his home series. Kyo unlike Hayate, also hails from a clan based on one of the Three Sacred Treasures of Japan for added measure.
- Hayate bears an uncanny resemblance to a character of the same name from the Dead or Alive series.
Street Fighter EX series Edit
|Street Fighter EX Characters|
|EX||Original|| Akuma · Allen · Blair · Chun-Li · C. Jack · Darun · D. Dark · Guile|
Hokuto · Kairi · Ken · Pullum · Ryu · Skullomania · Zangief
|Plus||Bloody Hokuto · Cycloid-β · Cycloid-γ · Evil Ryu · Garuda · M. Bison|
|Plus α||Dhalsim · Sakura|
|EX2||Original||Blanka · Hayate · Nanase · Shadowgeist · Sharon · Vega|
|Plus||Area · Sagat · V. Rosso|
|EX3||Ace · Bison II|
|CPU Only||Shin-Bison · Cycloids · Zako|