Ingrid, as she appears in Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
|Height||5'0" (152 cm)|
|Weight||108 lbs (49 kg)|
|Eye color||Ruby Red|
|Fighting style||Unknown (mixture of solar energy manipulation and ballet)|
|Likes||Time travel, light energies, Ryu|
|Dislikes||Satsui no Hado, M. Bison, Evil Ryu|
|Rival(s)||Evil Ryu, Rose, M. Bison|
|Moveset||Sunshot, Sunrise, Sun Arch, Sun Upper, Sun Lower, Sun Dive, Sun Delta, Sunburst, Sunshine|
|First game||Capcom Fighting Evolution|
|Japanese voice actor(s)||Masako Jou (Street Fighter Alpha 3)|
- "Remember me as a messenger from the stars..."
Ingrid (イングリッド, Inguriddo), also known as the Eternal Goddess, is a video game character who first appeared in the fighting game Capcom Fighting Evolution and later Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, she was designed by Hidetoshi Ishizawa (Neo_G). Ingrid was originally created for the canceled fighting game Capcom Fighting All-Stars as one of the original characters. In said game, she had the nickname "Eternal Ray" (most likely relating to a ray of sunshine, given her attack theme).
Ingrid is a powerful other-worldly being with a strong hatred for the Satsui no Hado. Despite her young look, she is shown to be very wise but also shows signs of a cold and power-hungry nature. She notably holds great respect for Rose and Ryu..
Little, if anything is known about Ingrid; however, Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX gives away some possibilities about her true origins. Apparently, her source of power is derived from Psycho Power, yet it is not purely evil like that of M. Bison; it is likely something similar to Rose's Soul Power. Ingrid also claims that she is the true bearer of what is called "Psycho Power", as she constantly tells Bison that Psycho Power is "her power" and that he has stolen it. It seems that her power is so intense that if given the chance, she could actually break Ryu madness if he ever succumbs to the evil within. How Bison came into possession of the item is never exactly explained, though it is similar in appearance to the crests on her head. When Bison is eventually defeated, she comments that a regular human being like him couldn't possibly control that energy, and takes the whole Psycho Drive with her as she leaves.
Ingrid also possesses psychic abilities similar to Rose, as she addressed Ryu and Rose by name, even though both never revealed their names to her. Rose, on the other hand, cannot look into Ingrid's future as she did with other Street Fighters.
Finally, Ingrid has the power to travel through time, as she mentions heading to the year 201X in order to contact Ryu in her ending.
The canonicity of her story is under dispute due to her claim of being more powerful than Bison, contradicting much of his displayed power as well as Charlie being officially the one to have defeated him.
Capcom Fighting All-StarsEdit
Before cancelation, some plot details of the game revealed that Ingrid was one of three Code Holders (the other two being D.D. and Rook) contacted by Mike Haggar, who are needed to defuse a bomb called Laughing Sun, hidden in Metro City by a character known as Death.
Capcom Fighting JamEdit
In Ingrid's ending, after banishing Pyron, she decides to take off her crests, possibly giving up her powers.
Street Fighter X TekkenEdit
According to the prologue comic book, Ingrid plays a small role in the background story of Street Fighter X Tekken as the creator of Pandora. Ingrid sent it as a 'gift' to Earth to test humanity by using the temptation of the box's power.
While Capcom Fighting All Stars was never completed, her gameplay in Capcom Fighting Evolution (and later Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX) seems for the most part unchanged, save for her Sun Shot traveling a much farther distance in a sine wave pattern.
- Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada has cited Ingrid as one of his favorite Street Fighter characters and has teased about the idea of her being a rival to Tekken character Lili (whom is similar in appearance).
- Ingrid's model from Capcom Fighting All-Stars was used as a test model in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and according to a Japanese pre-order booklet, she was also revealed to be playable at one point but was cut alongside Pheonix Wright from Ace Attorney, Komugi Narahara from Nurse Witch Komugi and Muteking from Tondemo Senshi Muteking.
- In Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, when Ingrid finishes her opponent by using her Level 3 Sun Delta Super Combo, her Midnight Bliss pose from Capcom Fighting Evolution is reused as a victory pose.
- Ingrid appears alongside other Capcom characters in the social games Minna to Capcom All Stars and Onimusha Souls.
- Her theme song, entitled "Heat Haze", sung by Maiko Kubo, contains a series of six notes that resemble part of the opening riff from "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly. This also makes her the only Street Fighter character to have a full set of lyrics present in her stage theme, as opposed to vocal samples such as in Elena's theme.
- Ingrid has a unique opening when facing Blanka in Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX where she throws a random fruit (being either a pineapple, a watermelon or a hand of bananas) upon which he either catches it in his mouth or gets hit on the head with it.
- Ingrid, along with D.D. and Rook, make an appearance in the Mega Man Rythm RPG Otoranger.
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALVdx8ihBQc
- ↑ http://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN/status/183926279563771906
- ↑ http://p.twipple.jp/mfKtS
|Street Fighter Alpha Characters|
|Adon – Akuma (Shin) – Balrog – Birdie – Blanka – Cammy – Charlie – Chun-Li – Cody – Dan – Dee Jay – Dhalsim – E. Honda – Eagle – Evil Ryu – Fei Long – Gen – Guile – Guy – Ingrid – Juli – Juni – Karin – Ken – M. Bison (Final) – Maki – R. Mika – Rolento – Rose – Ryu – Sagat – Sakura – Sodom – T. Hawk – Vega – Zangief|