This is a list of quotes used by Ken Masters.
Street Fighter II series Edit
- "Attack me if you dare, I will crush you!!"
- "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
- "Well, at least you threw a punch..."
- "You are not bad, but not good either."
- "If that's all you got, it must be embarrassing for you."
- "I need a better workout out than this... where's Eliza?"
- "I am the man!"
- "Damn! You wrinkled my clothes!"
- "Sorry, but I had to impress the ladies."
- "Next time, put some money on the line."
- "Looks, speed and strength. I’ve got it all."
Street Fighter Alpha series Edit
Win Quotes Edit
- "I need a better workout than this! Where's Eliza?"
- "Strong fighters such as yourself make it worth staying in shape!"
- "Shoryureppa...! Shinryuken...! Feel my burning vigor!"
- "True strength is something money and credit cards cannot buy!"
Rival Dialogues Edit
Karin: You seem troubled, Mr. Masters.
Ken: Long time no see, girl. Sorry, have no time for autographs.
Karin: You don't sound like the US martial arts champion... I'll show you who is the champion! Get ready!!
Karin: That was impressive... I didn't think I would lose again...
Ken: By the way, how is your rival doing, kid?
Karin: I hope both she and I find our next fight worthwile. That's why I'm training hard day after day... I'm certain Sakura feels the same way.
Ken: You go, girl! I hope your next fight is exciting.
Sakura: Ken! Please fight with me!!
Ken: Sure... But I thought it was Ryu you were interested in...
Sakura: I'd love to fight Ryu, of course, but... ...I'd like to find out how much progress we've made... Both of us... you and myself!
Sakura: Thanks a lot, Ken! Whenever I fight a strong foe, I can't help but think... ...how happy I am to be able to fight like this!
Ken: Yes... you're right... What have I been thinking...? I can fight with "him"... That's what I need... You woke me up! Thanks, kid!
vs M. Bison
M. Bison: Ken Masters... the US martial arts champion... and Ryu's rival...
Ken: Who the heck are you?!
M. Bison: I'll see for myself how much difference there is between the two of you!
Ken: Don't get me wrong, I'm different from him... I'll defeat you in my own way!
Capcom vs. SNK series Edit
Pre-battle Quotes (Capcom) Edit
- Ken: "Hey, ya bum! Prepare for another Vegas loss!"
- Balrog: "Shut up! Gambling's my life!"
- Ken: "Oh...so you put the money on your losing?"
- Balrog: "I'm in a bad mood...you'll regret p'ing me off!"
- Ken: "Hey there. I see your training as usual, huh?"
- Chun-Li: "Fancy meeting you here. What a surprise!"
- Ken: "I suppose so. How about mixing it up? For old times' sake."
- Chun-Li: "Sounds good to me if I don't have to pull my punches, ok?"
- Ken: "Then it's a plan!"
- Ken: "Yuck!"
- Dan: "Hey, USA fighting champ! Fancy meeting you here. Hey, why do you back off?"
- Ken: "Ah, hey. Oh, look at the time. Gotta run. Later."
- Dan: "Hold on. Don't run away. Haha, I get it. Up against awesome me, it's only natural."
- Ken: "Yeah. Yeah, that's it. You terrify me. You're awesome. Bye!"
- Dan: "Hey, I said hold on! I'm not buying it...! I'm going to show you my true strength! Here I come! Hee-yah!"
- Ken: "He's got me...what can I do? I'll kill him quick!"
vs. M. Bison
- Ken: "Hey, Shadaloo CEO guy! You're not up to anything fishy again, eh?"
- M. Bison: "Hmph. What's it to you? What can you do, bug?"
- Ken: "I can do more than you! I'll plant pain on that big face of yours!"
- M. Bison: "You cretin! Travelling so far to die."
- Ken: "You're terrible!"
- Ryu: "You're a tyro!"
- Ken: "...Hmph. Ryu, that's the stuff. You can still take it."
- Ryu: "And you can dish it out. That was close."
- Ken: "Well then, let's keep it going, Ryu!"
- Ryu: "Bring it on, Ken!"
- Ken: "The kick boxing emperor! You'll make a formidable opponent, I hope."
- Sagat: "I have no time for you. If you see Ryu, tell him I'm looking for him."
- Ken: "Yeah, I'll tell him. I'll tell him that I kicked your butt!"
- Sagat: "Don't monkey with me!"
- Vega: "Golly, you're ugly. Why is it that all others pale to me?"
- Ken: "Yeah, right! I'm going to plow your beauty into dirt."
- Vega: "Impossible. The ugly can not defeat the fair...it's a law of nature."
- Ken: "I never studied law! Prepare yourself, creep!"
- "A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'."
- "Get on your feet! That can't be all you got!"
- "Whoo hoo hoo. That was intense! You're good!"
- "Sorry, but I win this time."
Marvel vs. Capcom series Edit
Street Fighter IV seriesEdit
- "I'm ready for ya. Bring it on!"
- "Dude, you alright there?"
- "If you can't hit me, why bother attacking at all?"
- "Get in the game, man."
- "Get serious..."
- "The fight's just begun."
- "Ugh... is that really all you can do?"
- "Come on, man. Take this seriously!"
- "Come on, show me what you're made of!"
- "You can still win this if you don't give up."
Rufus: "So, Ken Masters! At last we meet! This is gonna hurt like nobody's business!"
Ken: "Hm... This could be interesting. Bring it on, meatball!"
Rufus: "Why, you!!!"
"This is loss of time."
(Super Combo Finish): "So, want to do that again?"
(Ultra Combo Finish): "Know ya know how the best fights. Satisfied?"
(Match Start): "Let's do this."
(Ultra Activation): "Open your eyes!"
(First Attack): "Nice to meet ya."
(Level 3 Focus Attack): "I know that hurts!"
(Full Super Meter Gauge): "Time to mess with the pickups!"
- "Challenge me after some practice."
- "That's right!"
- "I knew I'd win!" (Time Over)
- "If you really wanna find what you're after, you can't hold back like that!"
- "You don't have what it takes to be America's No. 1 fighter!"
- "I like your style, wild man!"
- "You'd be a lot cuter if you smiled once in a while, kiddo."
- "Weren't you supposed to go back to China and be just a regular girl or something?"
- "That was fun! Next time, forget your business and concentrate on the action!"
- "Sorry to beat you up so bad. Shoulda known you wouldn't put up a fight..."
- "No matter how many times I see it, your limbs really freak me out, man!"
- "You should stick with Lucha Libre and leave the real fighting to us big boys!"
- "You gotta be first in Japan before you can be first in the world, pal!"
- "I guess I should be the big star instead of you, huh?"
- "You're one dangerous senior citizen, I'll tell you that!"
- "M-Master?! What are you doing here? Why now?"
- "If you wanna go around braggin', you gotta beat me before runnin' your mouth!"
- "Phew! You almost had me back there. Felt like I was hypnotized or somethin'!"
- "Well, now you've fought the best America has to offer. Satisfied?"
- "Looks like I came out on top this time! Better luck next time, friend!"
- "Well, if that's all you've got, Ryu won't have any trouble beating you, too!"
- "It's good to see you're doin' good, kid. Say, have you fought you-know-who yet?"
- "It takes more than a pretty face to make it in the ring, pal! Try working out!"
- "I just love easy wins!"
- "Defense will only get you so far against me. You gotta be more aggressive!"
- "Ha ha! A win like this is bound to make me even more famous!"
- "Sorry to disappoint you, pal, but I'm not seeking apprentices right now."
- "Knowing when to quit is not a good quality for a fighter to have, pal."
- "C'mon! I'll take anyone on! I'll knock you all out one after another!"
- "A quick K.O. is no way to please the crowd! You gotta get 'em worked up!"
- "I know what you wanna say, "You're so cool! You rock!" That's it, right?"
- "The ring is no place for thinking! Your fists should be faster than your brain!"
- "As soon as I fight him, I'll get outta here. I can't keep Eliza waiting!"
- "I did it again!"
"Yeah. Everything's going great. What about you? How'd the tests go? Great! Listen, take it easy, OK? When you go down steps, make sure you-What? Oh, I read it in a baby book. OK, OK. I'll back off. I love you too, Eliza. I'll call you again later."
"Just think -Me, a dad! It feels like I'm dreaming. I guess it'll all feel pretty real once he's born, though. You and I used to just be plain old fighters, didn't we, Ryu? Then I up and got married and now I'm on the road to fatherhood. I wish I could say I felt the same way now as I did when we trained together, but things will definitely change from here on out. I'm feeling pretty strange here, Ryu. Change is good, but it can be scary too. I wonder what advice you'd have for me... Guess I'll just ask you in person!"
- "He's so small... Congratulations, mom! We were waitin' for ya, kiddo! Welcome to the Masters family!"
- "You've got potential, but you need to keep your head in the game."
- "I knew walking into the ring that I'd humiliate you! And I did it my way!"
- "An out of control temper is no match for a champ like me!"
- "You can bite and shock me all you want. In the end, I will still walk away the champ!"
- "Just who do you work for anyway? Keep in mind your answer will have consequences."
- "Don't look so mad, kid! You're cuter when you're smiling!"
- "Anyone ever say that you're a workaholic? Take a vacation once in a while!"
- "Everyone gets down in the dumps sometimes. I'm sure you'll get over it."
- "Knocked out, already? Dude, are you for real?"
- "I'm always up for a rough and tumble fight, dude!"
- "It takes more than a 15 foot reach to knock me out, partner!"
- "You've really deepened my appreciation for boxing!"
- "It'll take more than Sumo to take away my American title, friend!"
- "So, where's the camera crew? I don't see anyone..."
- "You're getting too old for this. Have you thought about retiring?"
- "You're not mad at me are you, master?"
- "Don't get me wrong. I really like red. I just don't like it suits a ninja."
- "Alright! Alright! I won't treat you like a kid from now on. Happy?"
- "Your days as an evil overlord are over! Don't show your face around here again!"
- "What a pain... Guess I can get back to Eliza now."
- "I only believe in fortune tellers when they have good news!"
- "What? No, it's me. Seriously. Just a stunt double? Gimme a break!"
- "Ryu was right. You're a tough customer. But I'm his real rival!"
- "You've gotten a lot stronger! I can't let my guard down around you anymore!"
- "Why did you resurrect yourself into the same lame body type as last time?"
- "The chance to meet interesting people like you is why I can't quit fighting!"
- "Take your eyes off the mirror for a second and hit the gym now and then!"
- "Haha, I like it! You got power, kid! Let's do it again sometime!"
- "Lose the hat, kid. That went out of style years ago!"
- "You look awfully familiar... What's going on here?"
- "It's not that I don't like dancing. It's just that fighting suits me better."
- "Your size just makes you a bigger target, pal."
- "Pro wrestling? No thanks. I prefer to take my kicks from bare feet."
- "If you want to beat me, better bring a helicopter next time!"
Versus Mode (SSFIV)Edit
- "See? The strongest fighter always wins! As easy to understand as a flowchart!"
- "I could really improve if I could find someone strong enough to beat me!"
- "Get back up and I'll just knock you down again!"
- "Got it!"
- "The whole American champion thing seems petty. I should aim even higher!"
- "Uh-oh! I'd better check with Eliza!"
- "Not bad! Looks like I just earned myself a new rival!"
- "You know my moves, don't you? Why'd you just walk into 'em like that?"
- "Natural ability is great, but it takes work to use it!"
- "Phew! I bet that would make for one exciting replay!"
(paired with Ryu)
- (Ryu):"Feels good to fight side-by-side again, right?"
- (Ken):"Sure does. Oh yeah, you guys are going down!"
(Paired with other)
- "If you don't take this seriously, you're gonna get hurt!"
Arcade Intro (Paired with Ryu) Edit
- Narrator: "News of the Pandora has reached Ryu, thanks to Chun-Li as she tracks Shadaloo's movements. The reports of ordinary people displaying unimaginable power due to the influence of the box has Ryu worried."
- Ryu: "The box seems to have a power over people. It creeps in, and makes them lose all sense of self. Is it possible that Pandora's Box is connected to the Satsui no Hado...?"
- Narrator: "Ryu sets his sights on the Antarctic to discover the true nature of the box. Ken, worried about his friend, decided to accompany him."
- Ken: "Guess there's no reasoning with you on this one, huh? Okay. I suppose I might as well tag along for the ride."
- Ryu: "Thanks, Ken. I have a feeling I'm going to need your help."
Round Win Quotes Edit
- "Slacker...you're never gonna beat me like that!"
- "I knew I'd win."
Rival Dialogue (vs. Kazuya and Nina) Edit
- Ken: "Whoa...what are the chances, huh?"
- Kazuya: "Apparently you haven't learned to stay out of my way."
- Ken: "C'mon...why do you have to be such a pain? So...what do you think we should do about these two? Maybe we...?"
- Ryu: "Hmm? You say something, Ken?"
- Ken: "No. Nothing, nevermind..."
Win Quotes Edit
Street Fighter Edit
- "You still haven't found your family? Is there anything I can do to help?"
- "If you wanna just slug it out, I can do that too. Though I'd rather just show off my skills!"
- "I'm sure the jungle is pretty severe, but have you ever tried to take on the corporate world?"
- "You always look so pissed off. You'd be cuter if you smiled more."
- "Maybe you're a little overworked? You seem more sluggish than normal."
- "Nothin' wrong with getting a little down and dirty! I used to be like you back in '82."
- "Spitting fire is a cool trick. Mind teaching me how it's done?"
- "I like your cheerful attitude! That's the spirit! Hope we can fight again 10 years from now!"
- "You should go home and be a family man!...Hey, I guess that applies to me too!."
- "Love the shoes! Are they custom made?"
- "You need to work on your footwork. You're not going to beat me by just power alone."
- "You should concentrate more on the fight! Maybe you'd have a boyfriend if you won more!"
- "I'm not into girls who are all talk and no show. Besides, I'm married anyway."
- "If you wanna impersonate me, next time you'd better remember to include the strength!"
- "Feels great to go all out when I don't care about hurting my opponent!"
- "If you want more money, you should first work on figuring out how to save it."
- "Geez, who talks like that? I thought war movies went out of style ages ago."
- "Man you're persistent. Are you one of those guys who gets angry when I don't answer your fan mail?"
- "You just keep getting stronger! You may even beat me the next time we fight!"
- "You're gonna have to drop the pretty-boy act if you wanna fight me for real."
- "Holy smoke, what else you got under there? You'd be cute if not for the chainsaws."
- "You have to think with your head and not get too carried away. Remember that for our next fight!"
- "You're a lot faster than you should be. Is that just a suit full of air or something?"
- "You picked the wrong guy to start a fight with. I'm the one who always ends them."
- "You've been old for, like, forever. What's the deal?"
- "You got a good head on your shoulders, but you don't have the experience to beat me."
- "You remind me of the cartoons my son likes to watch. Don't you shoot lasers out of your eyes?"
- "If you have time to play around here, shouldn't you be taking better care of the Mishima Zaibatsu?"
- "You pack one helluva punch sister. I'd hate to get on your bad side."
- "Been to busy with business to keep up with your training? Learn how to multitask, man!"
- "I can't see your eyes under that mask, so can you tell me if you're conscious? Yes? No?"
- "Hey, a bear. Eliza does love stuffed animals..."
- "Are you cosplaying the Mighty Warrior Bokori man? My son loves that show!"
- "It'll take more then that to beat me. Aren't there any more cool stunts you can do?"
- "Be careful not to bite off more then you can chew. Your father must be worried sick about you."
- "I really thought you'd be stronger than that. Is that huge body just for show?"
- "Greed will be your downfall...Read that on a fortune cookie once."
- "You're an assassin hired by the Mishima Zaibatsu? Maybe they should ask for a refund..."
- "Hey, you attacked me first. Don't come crying when I return the favor tenfold!"
- "Strongest fighter in the universe? From this day, that title is mine!"
- "Maybe if you'd take those sunglasses off you could see better?"
- "Whew, what a fight! That one really got me pumped!"
- "You sure you're a ninja? You stick out like a whale in a goldfish pond."
Being Selected Edit
- "Hey! I was waiting for ya!"
- "I did it!"
- "Not bad, that's what I was looking for."
- "Come on, let's turn up the heat."
Versus Mode (Generic) Edit
- "Say, you're not too shabby! Granted, I still won this one..."
- "Does it sting? That's the power of a martial arts champion!"
- "If it's revenge you're after, come and get it any time!"
- "I did it!"
Versus Mode (Character-Specific) Edit
- "You can get a lot stronger yet. I can't wait to fight you again!"
- "You'll never close the gap on me if all you can do is go berserk."
- "Boy can you eat! But where the heck are you pulling all that food from?"
- "Ever consider fighting more relaxed? You’re even making me feel tense!"
- "Wow, those were some sharp kicks. But when it comes to raw power, mine are stronger."
- "If you wanna fight fire with fire, you'd better bring the heat!"
- "Whatever technique you choose, you just gotta win before you're beaten!"
- "You'll never win a fight if all you do is wait around!"
- "You're not closing in with any conviction. Focus on the fight!"
- "I can't fault you for bluffing, but you're not as strong as you look."
- "Looks like you can copy my moves, too bad you can’t copy my power."
- "Your throws are great! Not that I want to experience them again..."
- "How many times is this? No worries. I never get tired of kicking your butt."
- "Man, you've changed. Looking a little rough around the edges these days..."
- "I've got a family to protect. I can't lose to a monster like you."
- "Brute force alone won't beat me! You need to polish your moves!"
- "A little breeze like that just fans my flames even more!"
- "Ha! I enjoyed fighting with you. Wanna go another round?"
- "You didn't win, but you came close! You're more than just a big mouth."
- "You think you're the prettiest, huh? Take a look at yourself now."
- "Heh, over already? Guess those big muscles don't help much after all!"
Character Story ModeEdit
Stage 1: Apprentice AlleyEdit
Ken: "Hehe, check this out, Eliza!"
Ken: "Looks like I'm winning!"
Ryu: "I'm gonna win the next one!"
Stage 2: Kanzuki EstateEdit
Ken: "Huh? Haven't I seen you before?"
Birdie: "What? Who sodding cares?"
Post-Fight Interaction Edit
Ken: "I could swear I've seen you around somewhere before. Well, give or take two-hundred pounds."
Birdie: "Hargh, you gate crashin' piece of rubbish!"
Ken: "Okay let's see what you've got!"
Karin: "I'm sure to enjoy this. Fighting a man of your prowess"