Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a list of quotes used by Ken Masters.
Street Fighter II series Edit
- "Attack me if you dare, I will crush you!!"
- "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
- "Well, at least you threw a punch..."
- "You are not bad, but not good either."
- "If that's all you got, it must be embarrassing for you."
- "I need a better workout out than this... where's Eliza?"
- "I am the man!"
- "Damn! You wrinkled my clothes!"
- "Sorry, but I had to impress the ladies."
- "Next time, put some money on the line."
- "Looks, speed and strength. I’ve got it all."
Street Fighter Alpha series Edit
Street Fighter Alpha/Street Fighter Alpha 2 win quotes Edit
- "Don't tell me you're actually unconscious."
- "Next time I won't be so easy on you!"
- "Now you see the difference between us!"
- "You're better than you look. Try harder."
Street Fighter Alpha Rival Dialogue Edit
Ken: You're a hard man to find, Ryu. Everyone's talking about you now.
Ryu: Long time no see. Still training?
Ken: Still good enough to beat you.
Ryu: We'll see about that!
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Rival Dialogues Edit
Dan: Hey, Blondie, here's a quarter. Get your own moves.
Ken: Who are you? Do you know the art of fighting?
Dan: Let's get ready to rummble. [sic]
Ken: After you, ladies first!
Ken: Where have you been?
Ryu: Why? Need some more schooling? ...Like the lesson I gave Sagat?
Ken: Sure, let's see your moves. Show and tell!
Win Quotes Edit
- "Fights like this bring out the best in me!"
- "Go back! I think you left your ego on the battlefield!"
- "I need a better workout than this! Where's Eliza?!"
- "In the heat of battle, the blood of the true fighter runs hot!"
- "Rivalry can often inspire one's skill to become its best!"
- "Shoryureppa...! Shinryuken...! Feel my burning vigor!"
- "Strong fighters such as yourself make it worth staying in shape!"
- "True strength is something money and credit cards cannot buy!"
Rival Dialogues Edit
Karin: You seem troubled, Mr. Masters.
Ken: Long time no see, girl. Sorry, have no time for autographs.
Karin: You don't sound like the US martial arts champion... I'll show you who is the champion! Get ready!!
Karin: That was impressive... I didn't think I would lose again...
Ken: By the way, how is your rival doing, kid?
Karin: I hope both she and I find our next fight worthwile. That's why I'm training hard day after day... I'm certain Sakura feels the same way.
Ken: You go, girl! I hope your next fight is exciting.
Sakura: Ken! Please fight with me!!
Ken: Sure... But I thought it was Ryu you were interested in...
Sakura: I'd love to fight Ryu, of course, but... ...I'd like to find out how much progress we've made... Both of us... you and myself!
Sakura: Thanks a lot, Ken! Whenever I fight a strong foe, I can't help but think... ...how happy I am to be able to fight like this!
Ken: Yes... you're right... What have I been thinking...? I can fight with "him"... That's what I need... You woke me up! Thanks, kid!
vs M. Bison
M. Bison: Ken Masters... the US martial arts champion... and Ryu's rival...
Ken: Who the heck are you?!
M. Bison: I'll see for myself how much difference there is between the two of you!
Ken: Don't get me wrong, I'm different from him... I'll defeat you in my own way!
Capcom vs. SNK series Edit
Pre-battle Quotes (Capcom) Edit
- Ken: "Hey, ya bum! Prepare for another Vegas loss!"
- Balrog: "Shut up! Gambling's my life!"
- Ken: "Oh...so you put the money on your losing?"
- Balrog: "I'm in a bad mood...you'll regret p'ing me off!"
- Ken: "Hey there. I see your training as usual, huh?"
- Chun-Li: "Fancy meeting you here. What a surprise!"
- Ken: "I suppose so. How about mixing it up? For old times' sake."
- Chun-Li: "Sounds good to me if I don't have to pull my punches, ok?"
- Ken: "Then it's a plan!"
- Ken: "Yuck!"
- Dan: "Hey, USA fighting champ! Fancy meeting you here. Hey, why do you back off?"
- Ken: "Ah, hey. Oh, look at the time. Gotta run. Later."
- Dan: "Hold on. Don't run away. Haha, I get it. Up against awesome me, it's only natural."
- Ken: "Yeah. Yeah, that's it. You terrify me. You're awesome. Bye!"
- Dan: "Hey, I said hold on! I'm not buying it...! I'm going to show you my true strength! Here I come! Hee-yah!"
- Ken: "He's got me...what can I do? I'll kill him quick!"
vs. M. Bison
- Ken: "Hey, Shadaloo CEO guy! You're not up to anything fishy again, eh?"
- M. Bison: "Hmph. What's it to you? What can you do, bug?"
- Ken: "I can do more than you! I'll plant pain on that big face of yours!"
- M. Bison: "You cretin! Travelling so far to die."
- Ken: "You're terrible!"
- Ryu: "You're a tyro!"
- Ken: "...Hmph. Ryu, that's the stuff. You can still take it."
- Ryu: "And you can dish it out. That was close."
- Ken: "Well then, let's keep it going, Ryu!"
- Ryu: "Bring it on, Ken!"
- Ken: "The kick boxing emperor! You'll make a formidable opponent, I hope."
- Sagat: "I have no time for you. If you see Ryu, tell him I'm looking for him."
- Ken: "Yeah, I'll tell him. I'll tell him that I kicked your butt!"
- Sagat: "Don't monkey with me!"
- Vega: "Golly, you're ugly. Why is it that all others pale to me?"
- Ken: "Yeah, right! I'm going to plow your beauty into dirt."
- Vega: "Impossible. The ugly can not defeat the fair...it's a law of nature."
- Ken: "I never studied law! Prepare yourself, creep!"
- "A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'."
- "Get on your feet! That can't be all you got!"
- "Whoo hoo hoo. That was intense! You're good!"
- "Sorry, but I win this time."
Marvel vs. Capcom series Edit
Street Fighter IV seriesEdit
- "I'm ready for ya. Bring it on!"
- "Dude, you alright there?"
- "If you can't hit me, why bother attacking at all?"
- "Get in the game, man."
- "Get serious..."
- "The fight's just begun."
- "Ugh... is that really all you can do?"
- "Come on, man. Take this seriously!"
- "Come on, show me what you're made of!"
- "You can still win this, if you don't give up."
Rufus: "So, Ken Masters! At last we meet! This is gonna hurt like nobody's business!"
Ken: "Hm... This could be interesting. Bring it on, meatball!"
Rufus: "Why, you!!!"
"This is loss of time."
(Super Combo Finish): "So, want to do that again?"
(Ultra Combo Finish): "Know ya know how the best fights. Satisfied?"
(Match Start): "Let's do this."
(Ultra Activation): "Open your eyes!"
(First Attack): "Nice to meet ya."
(Level 3 Focus Attack): "I know that hurts!"
(Full Super Meter Gauge): "Time to mess with the pickups!"
- "Challenge me after some practice."
- "That's right!"
- "I knew I'd win!" (Time Over)
- "If you really wanna find what you're after, you can't hold back like that!"
- "You don't have what it takes to be America's No. 1 fighter!"
- "I like your style, wild man!"
- "You'd be a lot cuter if you smiled once in a while, kiddo."
- "Weren't you supposed to go back to China and be just a regular girl or something?"
- "That was fun! Next time, forget your business and concentrate on the action!"
- "Sorry to beat you up so bad. Shoulda known you wouldn't put up a fight..."
- "No matter how many times I see it, your limbs really freak me out, man!"
- "You should stick with Lucha Libre and leave the real fighting to us big boys!"
- "You gotta be first in Japan before you can be first in the world, pal!"
- "I guess I should be the big star instead of you, huh?"
- "You're one dangerous senior citizen, I'll tell you that!"
- "M-Master?! What are you doing here? Why now?"
- "If you wanna go around braggin', you gotta beat me before runnin' your mouth!"
- "Phew! You almost had me back there. Felt like I was hypnotized or somethin'!"
- "Well, now you've fought the best America has to offer. Satisfied?"
- "Looks like I came out on top this time! Better luck next time, friend!"
- "Well, if that's all you've got, Ryu won't have any trouble beating you, too!"
- "It's good to see you're doin' good, kid. Say, have you fought you-know-who yet?"
- "It takes more than a pretty face to make it in the ring, pal! Try working out!"
- "I just love easy wins!"
- "Defense will only get you so far against me. You gotta be more aggressive!"
- "Ha ha! A win like this is bound to make me even more famous!"
- "Sorry to disappoint you, pal, but I'm not seeking apprentices right now."
- "Knowing when to quit is not a good quality for a fighter to have, pal."
- "C'mon! I'll take anyone on! I'll knock you all out one after another!"
- "A quick K.O. is no way to please the crowd! You gotta get 'em worked up!"
- "I know what you wanna say, "You're so cool! You rock!" That's it, right?"
- "The ring is no place for thinking! Your fists should be faster than your brain!"
- "As soon as I fight him, I'll get outta here. I can't keep Eliza waiting!"
- "I did it again!"
"Yeah. Everything's going great. What about you? How'd the tests go? Great! Listen, take it easy, OK? When you go down steps, make sure you-What? Oh, I read it in a baby book. OK, OK. I'll back off. I love you too, Eliza. I'll call you again later."
"Just think -Me, a dad! It feels like I'm dreaming. I guess it'll all feel pretty real once he's born, though. You and I used to just be plain old fighters, didn't we, Ryu? Then I up and got married and now I'm on the road to fatherhood. I wish I could say I felt the same way now as I did when we trained together, but things will definitely change from here on out. I'm feeling pretty strange here, Ryu. Change is good, but it can be scary too. I wonder what advice you'd have for me... Guess I'll just ask you in person!"
- "He's so small... Congratulations, mom! We were waitin' for ya, kiddo! Welcome to the Masters family!"
- "You've got potential, but you need to keep your head in the game."
- "I knew walking into the ring that I'd humiliate you! And I did it my way!"
- "An out of control temper is no match for a champ like me!"
- "You can bite and shock me all you want. In the end, I will still walk away the champ!"
- "Just who do you work for anyway? Keep in mind your answer will have consequences."
- "Don't look so mad, kid! You're cuter when you're smiling!"
- "Anyone ever say that you're a workaholic? Take a vacation once in a while!"
- "Everyone gets down in the dumps sometimes. I'm sure you'll get over it."
- "Knocked out, already? Dude, are you for real?"
- "I'm always up for a rough and tumble fight, dude!"
- "It takes more than a 15 foot reach to knock me out, partner!"
- "You've really deepened my appreciation for boxing!"
- "It'll take more than Sumo to take away my American title, friend!"
- "So, where's the camera crew? I don't see anyone..."
- "You're getting too old for this. Have you thought about retiring?"
- "You're not mad at me are you, master?"
- "Don't get me wrong. I really like red. I just don't like it suits a ninja."
- "Alright! Alright! I won't treat you like a kid from now on. Happy?"
- "Your days as an evil overlord are over! Don't show your face around here again!"
- "What a pain... Guess I can get back to Eliza now."
- "I only believe in fortune tellers when they have good news!"
- "What? No, it's me. Seriously. Just a stunt double? Gimme a break!"
- "Ryu was right. You're a tough customer. But I'm his real rival!"
- "You've gotten a lot stronger! I can't let my guard down around you anymore!"
- "Why did you resurrect yourself into the same lame body type as last time?"
- "The chance to meet interesting people like you is why I can't quit fighting!"
- "Take your eyes off the mirror for a second and hit the gym now and then!"
- "Haha, I like it! You got power, kid! Let's do it again sometime!"
- "Lose the hat, kid. That went out of style years ago!"
- "You look awfully familiar... What's going on here?"
- "It's not that I don't like dancing. It's just that fighting suits me better."
- "Your size just makes you a bigger target, pal."
- "Pro wrestling? No thanks. I prefer to take my kicks from bare feet."
- "If you want to beat me, better bring a helicopter next time!"
Versus Mode (SSFIV)Edit
- "See? The strongest fighter always wins! As easy to understand as a flowchart!"
- "I could really improve if I could find someone strong enough to beat me!"
- "Get back up and I'll just knock you down again!"
- "Got it!"
- "The whole American champion thing seems petty. I should aim even higher!"
- "Uh-oh! I'd better check with Eliza!"
- "Not bad! Looks like I just earned myself a new rival!"
- "You know my moves, don't you? Why'd you just walk into 'em like that?"
- "Natural ability is great, but it takes work to use it!"
- "Phew! I bet that would make for one exciting replay!"
(paired with Ryu)
- (Ryu):"Feels good to fight side-by-side again, right?"
- (Ken):"Sure does. Oh yeah, you guys are going down!"
(Paired with other)
- "If you don't take this seriously, you're gonna get hurt!"
Arcade Intro (Paired with Ryu) Edit
- Narrator: "News of the Pandora has reached Ryu, thanks to Chun-Li as she tracks Shadaloo's movements. The reports of ordinary people displaying unimaginable power due to the influence of the box has Ryu worried."
- Ryu: "The box seems to have a power over people. It creeps in, and makes them lose all sense of self. Is it possible that Pandora's Box is connected to the Satsui no Hado...?"
- Narrator: "Ryu sets his sights on the Antarctic to discover the true nature of the box. Ken, worried about his friend, decided to accompany him."
- Ken: "Guess there's no reasoning with you on this one, huh? Okay. I suppose I might as well tag along for the ride."
- Ryu: "Thanks, Ken. I have a feeling I'm going to need your help."
Round Win Quotes Edit
- "Slacker...you're never gonna beat me like that!"
- "I knew I'd win."
Rival Dialogue (vs. Kazuya and Nina) Edit
- Ken: "Whoa...what are the chances, huh?"
- Kazuya: "Apparently you haven't learned to stay out of my way."
- Ken: "C'mon...why do you have to be such a pain? So...what do you think we should do about these two? Maybe we...?"
- Ryu: "Hmm? You say something, Ken?"
- Ken: "No. Nothing, nevermind..."
Win Quotes Edit
Street Fighter Edit
- "You still haven't found your family? Is there anything I can do to help?"
- "If you wanna just slug it out, I can do that too. Though I'd rather just show off my skills!"
- "I'm sure the jungle is pretty severe, but have you ever tried to take on the corporate world?"
- "You always look so pissed off. You'd be cuter if you smiled more."
- "Maybe you're a little overworked? You seem more sluggish than normal."
- "Nothin' wrong with getting a little down and dirty! I used to be like you back in '82."
- "Spitting fire is a cool trick. Mind teaching me how it's done?"
- "I like your cheerful attitude! That's the spirit! Hope we can fight again 10 years from now!"
- "You should go home and be a family man!...Hey, I guess that applies to me too!."
- "Love the shoes! Are they custom made?"
- "You need to work on your footwork. You're not going to beat me by just power alone."
- "You should concentrate more on the fight! Maybe you'd have a boyfriend if you won more!"
- "I'm not into girls who are all talk and no show. Besides, I'm married anyway."
- "If you wanna impersonate me, next time you'd better remember to include the strength!"
- "Feels great to go all out when I don't care about hurting my opponent!"
- "If you want more money, you should first work on figuring out how to save it."
- "Geez, who talks like that? I thought war movies went out of style ages ago."
- "Man you're persistent. Are you one of those guys who gets angry when I don't answer your fan mail?"
- "You just keep getting stronger! You may even beat me the next time we fight!"
- "You're gonna have to drop the pretty-boy act if you wanna fight me for real."
- "Holy smoke, what else you got under there? You'd be cute if not for the chainsaws."
- "You have to think with your head and not get too carried away. Remember that for our next fight!"
- "You're a lot faster than you should be. Is that just a suit full of air or something?"
- "You picked the wrong guy to start a fight with. I'm the one who always ends them."
- "You've been old for, like, forever. What's the deal?"
- "You got a good head on your shoulders, but you don't have the experience to beat me."
- "You remind me of the cartoons my son likes to watch. Don't you shoot lasers out of your eyes?"
- "If you have time to play around here, shouldn't you be taking better care of the Mishima Zaibatsu?"
- "You pack one helluva punch sister. I'd hate to get on your bad side."
- "Been to busy with business to keep up with your training? Learn how to multitask, man!"
- "I can't see your eyes under that mask, so can you tell me if you're conscious? Yes? No?"
- "Hey, a bear. Eliza does love stuffed animals..."
- "Are you cosplaying the Mighty Warrior Bokori man? My son loves that show!"
- "It'll take more then that to beat me. Aren't there any more cool stunts you can do?"
- "Be careful not to bite off more then you can chew. Your father must be worried sick about you."
- "I really thought you'd be stronger than that. Is that huge body just for show?"
- "Greed will be your downfall...Read that on a fortune cookie once."
- "You're an assassin hired by the Mishima Zaibatsu? Maybe they should ask for a refund..."
- "Hey, you attacked me first. Don't come crying when I return the favor tenfold!"
- "Strongest fighter in the universe? From this day, that title is mine!"
- "Maybe if you'd take those sunglasses off you could see better?"
- "Whew, what a fight! That one really got me pumped!"
- "You sure you're a ninja? You stick out like a whale in a goldfish pond."
Being Selected Edit
- "Hey! I was waiting for ya!"
- "I did it!"
- "Not bad, that's what I was looking for."
- "Come on, let's turn up the heat."
Versus Mode (Generic) Edit
- "Say, you're not too shabby! Granted, I still won this one..."
- "Does it sting? That's the power of a martial arts champion!"
- "If it's revenge you're after, come and get it any time!"
- "I did it!"
Versus Mode (Character-Specific) Edit
- "You can get a lot stronger yet. I can't wait to fight you again!"
- "You'll never close the gap on me if all you can do is go berserk."
- "Boy can you eat! But where the heck are you pulling all that food from?"
- "Ever consider fighting more relaxed? You’re even making me feel tense!"
- "Wow, those were some sharp kicks. But when it comes to raw power, mine are stronger."
- "If you wanna fight fire with fire, you'd better bring the heat!"
- "Whatever technique you choose, you just gotta win before you're beaten!"
- "You'll never win a fight if all you do is wait around!"
- "You're not closing in with any conviction. Focus on the fight!"
- "I can't fault you for bluffing, but you're not as strong as you look."
- "Looks like you can copy my moves, too bad you can’t copy my power."
- "Your throws are great! Not that I want to experience them again..."
- "How many times is this? No worries. I never get tired of kicking your butt."
- "Man, you've changed. Looking a little rough around the edges these days..."
- "I've got a family to protect. I can't lose to a monster like you."
- "Brute force alone won't beat me! You need to polish your moves!"
- "A little breeze like that just fans my flames even more!"
- "Ha! I enjoyed fighting with you. Wanna go another round?"
- "You didn't win, but you came close! You're more than just a big mouth."
- "You think you're the prettiest, huh? Take a look at yourself now."
- "Heh, over already? Guess those big muscles don't help much after all!"
Character Story ModeEdit
Stage 1: Apprentice AlleyEdit
Ken: "Hehe, check this out, Eliza!"
Ken: "Looks like I'm winning!"
Ryu: "I'm gonna win the next one!"
Stage 2: Kanzuki EstateEdit
Ken: "Huh? Haven't I seen you before?"
Birdie: "What? Who sodding cares?"
Post-Fight Interaction Edit
Ken: "I could swear I've seen you around somewhere before. Well, give or take two-hundred pounds."
Birdie: "Hargh, you gate crashin' piece of rubbish!"
Ken: "Okay let's see what you've got!"
Karin: "I'm sure to enjoy this. Fighting a man of your prowess"