Below are the playable Street Fighter characters, listed in order of first appearance. Visit each character's article for an in-depth look at the games each of them appeared in.
All characters are playable in their first appearance unless otherwise noted.
Notes: In the original Street Fighter game only Ryu and Ken were playable characters.
Introduced in Street FighterEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter II seriesEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter Alpha seriesEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter III seriesEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter IV seriesEdit
Introduced in Street Fighter: The MovieEdit
- Cyber Akuma
- Dark Sakura
- Shadow Lady
- Shin Akuma (with Orochi's power absorbed)
- Violent Ken
Introduced in the Street Fighter EX seriesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 SFII: The four boss characters of the original Street Fighter II first became playable in Street Fighter II: Champion Edition.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 SFI: This character made their first appearance in Street Fighter but only became playable in later iterations of the franchise.
- ↑ SSFII:T: Akuma appeared in Super Street Fighter II Turbo as an unplayable hidden boss, and is first playable in certain home versions of the game.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 FF: Characters with this abbreviation next to their names appeared in the Final Fight series prior to their introduction in the Street Fighter series.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 SFM: Characters with this abbreviation next to their name first appeared in the Street Fighter manga prior to their introduction in the game series.
- ↑ CFE: Ingrid first appeared in Capcom Fighting Evolution prior to her introduction into the Street Fighter series.
- ↑ SFIII: Gill first appears in Street Fighter III as the unplayable final boss, and is first playable in the home version of the game.
- ↑ SFxT: Poison originally made her first appearance in the Street Fighter III series as Hugo's manager, and her first playable appearance was in Street Fighter X Tekken.