Below are the playable Street Fighter characters, listed in order of first appearance. Visit each character's article for an in-depth look at the games each of them appeared in.
All characters are playable in their first appearance unless otherwise noted.
There are 67 playable characters in total so far.
Notes: In the original Street Fighter game, only Ryu and Ken were playable characters.
Introduced in Street FighterEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter II seriesEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter Alpha seriesEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter III seriesEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter IV seriesEdit
Introduced in Street Fighter VEdit
Below are the playable Street Fighter characters from spin-offs, listed in order of first appearance. Visit each character's article for an in-depth look at the games each of them appeared in.
There are 33 playable characters from spin-offs in total so far.
Introduced in Street Fighter: The MovieEdit
Introduced in Street Fighter II: The Interactive MovieEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter EX seriesEdit
Introduced in Street Fighter Online: Mouse GenerationEdit
- The cast from the original Street Fighter II and Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (the eight playable characters and the four boss characters) has been reunited on three ocassions: the console versions of Street Fighter Alpha 3, the Capcom vs. SNK series, and Street Fighter IV.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 SFII: The four boss characters of the original Street Fighter II first became playable in Street Fighter II: Champion Edition.
- ↑ Final: Final Bison, a powered up boss version of M. Bison sharing the same moveset, appears playable in the console versions of Street Fighter Alpha 3, however he is not part of the main selectable cast. Similarly, another powered up version dubbed Bison II appears as a secret boss in EX2 Plus and is playable in EX3, but is also not part of the regular cast.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 SFI: This character made their first appearance in Street Fighter but only became playable in later iterations of the franchise.
- ↑ Shin: Shin Akuma, a powered up boss version of Akuma sharing the same moveset, appears playable in the console versions of Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact, and the Dreamcast version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo, however he is not part of the main selectable cast.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 FF: Characters with this abbreviation next to their names appeared in the Final Fight series prior to their introduction in the Street Fighter series.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 SFM: Characters with this abbreviation next to their name first appeared in Street Fighter manga prior to their introduction in the game series.
- ↑ CFE: Ingrid first appeared in Capcom Fighting Evolution prior to her introduction into the Street Fighter series.
- ↑ SFIII: Gill first appears in Street Fighter III as the unplayable final boss, and is first playable in the home version of the game.
- ↑ SFxT: Poison originally made her first appearance in the Street Fighter III series as Hugo's manager, and her first playable appearance was in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- ↑ EX+: Garuda first appears in Street Fighter EX as the unplayable final boss and is first playable in Street Fighter EX Plus.