Overall there are 69 characters from the main series and 33 from spin-offs, totalling to 112 characters.
Below are the playable Street Fighter characters, listed in order of first appearance. Visit each character's article for an in-depth look at the games each of them appeared in.
All characters are playable in their first appearance unless otherwise noted.
|Evil Ryu||No||Yes[Note 1]||Yes||No||Yes||TBA|
|Shin Akuma||No||Yes[Note 1]||Yes||Yes||No||TBA|
[Note 1] Shin Akuma and Evil Ryu debuted in the Street Fighter Alpha series before being added to the Street Fighter II series
[Note 2] Yun debuted in the Street Fighter III series before also being added to the Street Fighter Alpha series
Introduced in Street FighterEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter II seriesEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter Alpha seriesEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter III seriesEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter IV seriesEdit
Introduced in Street Fighter VEdit
Below are the playable Street Fighter characters from spin-offs, listed in order of first appearance. Not included are spin-off characters who would later transfer to the main series (Poison and Violent Ken). Visit each character's article for an in-depth look at the games each of them appeared in.
Introduced in Street Fighter: The MovieEdit
Introduced in Street Fighter II: The Interactive MovieEdit
Introduced in the Street Fighter EX seriesEdit
Introduced in the Marvel vs. Capcom seriesEdit
Introduced in Street Fighter Online: Mouse GenerationEdit
- Ryu and Ken are the only characters that have been playable in every Street Fighter game.
- Chun-Li is the third character with the most appearances, being present in every game after her debut except Street Fighter III: New Generation and Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact. In addition, she and Ryu have been in every crossover game.
- Akuma is fourth, as he has showed up in every Street Fighter game after his introduction with the exception of Street Fighter III: New Generation, Street Fighter EX2 and Street Fighter EX3.
- The cast from the original Street Fighter II and Street Fighter II: Champion Edition has been reunited on three ocassions: the console versions of Street Fighter Alpha 3, the Capcom vs. SNK series, and Street Fighter IV.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 SFII: The four boss characters of the original Street Fighter II first became playable in Street Fighter II: Champion Edition.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 SFI: This character made their first appearance in Street Fighter but only became playable in later iterations of the franchise.
- ↑ SVC: Violent Ken originally made his first playable appearance in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, before making his main series debut in Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 FF: Characters with this abbreviation next to their names appeared in the Final Fight series prior to their introduction in the Street Fighter series.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 SFM: Characters with this abbreviation next to their name first appeared in Street Fighter manga prior to their introduction in the game series.
- ↑ CFE: Ingrid first appeared in Capcom Fighting Evolution prior to her introduction into the Street Fighter series.
- ↑ SFIII: Gill first appears in Street Fighter III as the unplayable final boss, and is first playable in the home version of the game.
- ↑ SFxT: Poison originally made her first appearance in the Street Fighter III series as Hugo's manager. Her first playable appearance was in Final Fight Revenge, and she was first playable in a Street Fighter game in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- ↑ EX+: Garuda first appears in Street Fighter EX as an unplayable boss and is first playable in Street Fighter EX Plus.
- ↑ EX2: Bison II first appears in Street Fighter EX2 Plus as the unplayable final boss and is first playable in Street Fighter EX3.
<ref>tags exist for a group named "Note", but no corresponding
<references group="Note"/>tag was found.