This is a list of rival battles seen in the Street Fighter games.
In the original Street Fighter Alpha, the final boss will be different depending on which character is being used, though most of them fight M. Bison as their last opponent.
In Street Fighter Alpha 2, in addition to the final boss, there is also a mid-boss that can be fought under certain requirements.
|Ryu / Evil Ryu||Sakura||Akuma|
|Akuma / Shin Akuma||Ryu||Gen|
- Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma fight the same opponents as their normal counterparts.
- Shin Akuma is not playable in the arcade version, but he can be selected in the console versions.
- Cammy is only playable in Arcade Mode in the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology version of Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold.
In Street Fighter Alpha 3, the fifth and ninth battles are character specific, but the final battle will always be against Final Bison (unless the player is using Bison himself or Evil Ryu). Some characters will also fight Balrog or Juli and Juni before facing Bison.
- In the arcade version, Balrog, Juli and Juni share the same opponents as Bison (Akuma, Sagat and Ryu), even sharing the same dialogue and ending. They were given unique battles in the console versions.
- Fei Long, T. Hawk, Dee Jay, Guile, Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma first appear in the console versions.
- Shin Akuma fights the same opponents as his normal counterpart, and so does Final Bison.
- Eagle, Maki and Yun first appear in the GBA version, but they weren't given their own story until the PSP version.
- Ingrid only appears in the PSP version.
Much like in Street Fighter Alpha 2, every character has a secret mid-boss. Gill is usually the final boss, but some characters fight him as the second-to-last opponent and have a final boss of their own.
|Akuma / Shin Akuma||Sean||Ryu|
- Though Gill is playable in the Dreamcast version, he doesn't seem to have a rival battle.
- Shin Akuma fights the same opponents as regular Akuma.
The ninth opponent is character specific. The final boss is always Gill, unless the player uses Gill himself, in which case the final boss will be Alex.
- There will be a special conversation before the rival battle. Yun, Urien, Q and Gill do not have a conversation with their rivals, having one with their final bosses instead.
- Gill is only playable in the console versions, and his final boss is Alex.
Some specific characters in Street Fighter EX3 can fight a secret opponent in Original Mode under certain conditions.
|M. Bison / Bison II||Evil Ryu|
Street Fighter IV seriesEdit
Rivals are fought after defeating six opponents, before the battle with Seth. For characters with two rivals, you can choose which one you want to fight by holding all three punch or kick buttons when the Fight Your Rival message appears. If you do not press any buttons it will default to the 3P character.
|Ryu||Ken (3P)||Sagat (3K)|
|Chun-Li||Juri (3P)||C. Viper (3K)|
|E. Honda||El Fuerte|
|Guile||M. Bison (3P)||Abel (3K)|
|M. Bison||C. Viper|
|C. Viper||Hakan (3P)||Chun-Li (3K)|
|Seth||Hakan (3P)||Abel (3K)|
|Cammy||Juri (3P)||C. Viper (3K)|
|T. Hawk||El Fuerte|
Ryu is the most common rival battle, serving as this for 20% of the characters in both Street Fighter IV (5 out of 25) and Super Street Fighter IV (7 out of 35), and 20,5% of the characters in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (8 out of 39)
Ultra Combo videos indicate several characters would have been given second rivals in Super Street Fighter IV, but ended up keeping solely the same rival they had in Street Fighter IV, for unknown reasons.
- Ken's second rival would have been Sakura.
- E. Honda's second rival would have been Adon.
- Blanka's second rival would have been Dan.
- Balrog's second rival would have been Cody.
- Vega's second rival would have been Cammy.
- M. Bison's second rival would have been Cammy.
- Rufus's second rival would have been Ryu.
- El Fuerte's second rival would have been Guy.
- Abel's second rival would have been Juri.
- Akuma's second rival would have been Gen.
- Gouken's second rival would have been Ken.
- Fei Long's second rival would have been Gen.
- Sakura's second rival would have been Cammy.
- Rose's second rival would have been M. Bison.
- Gen's second rival would have been Guy.
- Dan's second rival would have been Sagat.
- Guy's second rival would have been M. Bison.
When using an official team in Arcade Mode, the sixth fight will be against a rival team. Single characters can have anyone as their partner. Akuma and Ogre have their rival battle as their final boss battle.
|Ryu and Ken||Kazuya and Nina|
|Chun-Li and Cammy||Asuka and Lili|
|Guile and Abel||Heihachi and Kuma|
|Dhalsim and Sagat||Paul and Law|
|Rolento and Ibuki||King and Marduk|
|Poison and Hugo||Hwoarang and Steve|
|Zangief and Rufus||Julia and Bob|
|Balrog and Vega||Yoshimitsu and Raven|
|M. Bison and Juri||Heihachi and Kuma|
|Sakura and Blanka||Lars and Alisa|
|Guy and Cody||Bryan and Jack-X|
|Elena and Dudley||Lei and Christie|
|Kazuya and Nina||Ryu and Ken|
|Asuka and Lili||Chun-Li and Cammy|
|Heihachi and Kuma||Guile and Abel|
|Paul and Law||Dhalsim and Sagat|
|King and Marduk||Rolento and Ibuki|
|Hwoarang and Steve||Poison and Hugo|
|Julia and Bob||Zangief and Rufus|
|Yoshimitsu and Raven||Balrog and Vega|
|Jin and Xiaoyu||Chun-Li and Cammy|
|Lars and Alisa||Sakura and Blanka|
|Bryan and Jack-X||Guy and Cody|
|Lei and Christie||Elena and Dudley|
- Despite being boss counterparts, M. Bison and Juri do not fight Jin and Xiaoyu and vice-versa.
- Mega Man and Pac-Man are only in the PS3 and PS Vita versions.
- Cole, Toro and Kuro are not playable in Arcade Mode.