Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a list of quotes used by Makoto.
Street Fighter III seriesEdit
- "Let's keep fighting until we are both completely satisfied!"
- "That was a lot easier than I thought it would be!"
- "Daddy, you believed in me! That win was for our Dojo!"
- "It hurts twice as much when you know that it was your fault!"
- "That couldn't have been your best effort! Stop holding back!"
- "What's going through your mind when we fight? I want to know!"
- "It'll take a lot more than that to take me out! Let's do it again!"
- "You'd fare better if you would just cheer up!"
Makoto: I've heard about you... You're Ryu, aren't you? Your headband and that all-season Karate uniform! I can't be mistaken! Now, accept my challenge!
Ryu: Hmm... Your style is Karate... And you seem to be skilled... Interesting! Show me your best!
Win Quotes (character specific) Edit
Street Fighter IV seriesEdit
"Man, I knew this place would be old, but no one told me it'd be downright ancient! This is no good. I'd better do something to save this dojo - and quick! It could collapse at any minute! The world's most furious fighters'll be at this tournament. That must mean the prize money is a pretty penny. That cash could be just what we need! It could fix up the dojo in no time! Alright then, here I go!"
Makoto: "Hey, you! Mister!"
Fei Long: "What is it?"
Makoto: "Hey, I recognize you! You're that guy from all the martial arts movies! Fei Long, right?"
Fei Long: "Yeah. What about it?"
Makoto: "If I could beat you, it'd do a lot for Rindo-kan's reputation! Put up your dukes!"
Fei Long: "I have no idea what you're talking about, but... You're on!"
Ultra Activation (Makoto): "The End!"
Ultra Activation (Fei Long): "Get ready to lose!"
Defeat (Fei Long): "You mean to tell me that's all your dojo teaches?"
Ultra Defeat (Fei Long):
Ultra Defeat (Makoto): "Rindo-kan Karate! Remember that!"
Makoto's Brother: Be careful up there, sis! That's a big drop!
Makoto: Man, looks like I screwed up this time. I beat the pants off the other fighters in the tournament but walked away empty-handed. I was happy to fight such strong opponents and all, but I'd be happier if I managed to make a little pocket money. It's just my luck. Yeah, I think I'll lay off the get-rich-quick schemes and try to make money the old-fashioned way from here on in, like... maybe... Maybe if I could get this old Rindo-kan dojo back up and running, maybe I could make a name for myself! Whoa, whoa, whooooaaaaa! Another mess I've got myself into.
- "I sure hope you get to meet your family, mister! Until we meet again!"
- "I can't lose to someone who's forsaken their own teacher! For shame!"
- "Wow! I had no idea there were fighters this strong out there..."
- "You sure are loud for someone who can't even beat a kid!"
- "What kinda training lets you shoot electricity! I wanna try!"
- "You got what you deserved for treating me like some kinda amateur!"
- "Y'know, kicks are pretty useful, too. Maybe I should give 'em a try!"
- "I wouldn't be able to face my family if I lost to a common criminal!"
- "Just how many weapons do you have hidden in that outfit? Geez..."
- "You have your own dojo! Running one is hard work, isn't it?"
- "I have a weapon too, ya know! I call mine "Rindokan Karate"!"
- "Either fight or dance! Just pick one already!"
- "Sorry, but I'm not so keen on lectures! Can we save this part for next time?"
- "When people are too polite, they come off as sarcastic. Know what I mean?"
- "Those are some impressive kicks! Maybe I outtgha train in the savannah too."
- "Sorry mister, but your food's kinda gross. I prefer sushi and sashimi!"
- "I've always wanted to face off against a real, live sumo wrestler! Thanks!"
- "Battling you gives me chills down my spine...
- "Yeah! I can't wait to tell everyone back home that I beat the mighty Fei Long!"
- "I was taught to respect my elders, so I'll let you walk away this time!"
- "You kinda remind me of my grandpa!"
- "I may be just a kid, but I've got a bright future ahead of me!"
- "You're pretty fast, but don't underestimate the power of karate!"
- "Who ever knew there was a fighting style like this? Not me, that's for sure!"
- "Not even a giant can defeat the power of Rindokan Karate!"
- "Ninjas are so boring... Always bouncing around all over the place."
- "Your moves are like tae kwon do, but sort of evil and twisted."
- "I thought you were just a lazy bum, but you're pretty strong!"
- "I'm not intimidated by your gimmicks!"
- "I won't give up until Rindo-kan karate is known the world over!"
- "You'll need to try harder and improve your reputation if you want to win!"
- "Stupid chatterbox! How do you expect to fight if you won't shut your yap?"
- "You don't use any martial art I've ever seen! Weird!"
- "Your weight gives your punches oompf, but not enough to knock me out!"
- "So you're Ryu? My grandfather told me all about you! You really ARE strong!"
- "I've never fought someone so strong! It was an honor! Thank you!"
- "How can you wear your uniform to a fight? Put on a gi like everyone else!"
- "I won! I'm the tournament champ! I can use the prize money to fix my dojo!"
- "You should be proud you did so well against me!"
- "Give it a rest, will ya? I didn't come all this way to hear about your ego!"
- "I have a brother too, but he's nothing like you too."
- "It doesn't matter how many times you hit me! The most powerful blow wins!"
- "You're pretty big, but your moves leave plenty of time to counterattack!"
- "Rindo-kan karate is the best! Who's next!"
- "Did you see that, Daddy? I'm gonna fix our dojo up good!"
- "Yeah! Looks like my moves work just as well on real world opponents!"
- "I'm gonna keep winning like this and get stronger and stronger!"
- "Whoah! You're pretty strong!"
- "I know I'm still young, but fighters in training really have the desire to win!"
- "You just haven't trained enough. You may as well quit the tournament now."
- "You're too weak to use your loss to promote my dojo..."
- "I knew exactly what you'd try! Better luck next time!"
- "Don't underestimate me!"
- "Didja see that?"