This is a list of quotes used by Makoto.
Street Fighter III seriesEdit
- "Let's keep fighting until we are both completely satisfied!"
- "That was a lot easier than I thought it would be!"
- "Daddy, you believed in me! That win was for our Dojo!"
- "It hurts twice as much when you know that it was your fault!"
- "That couldn't have been your best effort! Stop holding back!"
- "What's going through your mind when we fight? I want to know!"
- "It'll take a lot more than that to take me out! Let's do it again!"
- "You'd fare better if you would just cheer up!"
Makoto: I've heard about you... You're Ryu, aren't you? Your headband and that all-season Karate uniform! I can't be mistaken! Now, accept my challenge!
Ryu: Hmm... Your style is Karate... And you seem to be skilled... Interesting! Show me your best!
Win Quotes (character specific) Edit
Street Fighter IV seriesEdit
"Man, I knew this place would be old, but no one told me it'd be downright ancient! This is no good. I'd better do something to save this dojo - and quick! It could collapse at any minute! The world's most furious fighters'll be at this tournament. That must mean the prize money is a pretty penny. That cash could be just what we need! It could fix up the dojo in no time! Alright then, here I go!"
Makoto: "Hey, you! Mister!"
Fei Long: "What is it?"
Makoto: "Hey, I recognize you! You're that guy from all the martial arts movies! Fei Long, right?"
Fei Long: "Yeah. What about it?"
Makoto: "If I could beat you, it'd do a lot for Rindo-kan's reputation! Put up your dukes!"
Fei Long: "I have no idea what you're talking about, but... You're on!"
Ultra Activation (Makoto): "The End!"
Ultra Activation (Fei Long): "Get ready to lose!"
Defeat (Fei Long): "You mean to tell me that's all your dojo teaches?"
Ultra Defeat (Fei Long):
Ultra Defeat (Makoto): "Rindo-kan Karate! Remember that!"
Makoto's Brother: Be careful up there, sis! That's a big drop!
Makoto: Man, looks like I screwed up this time. I beat the pants off the other fighters in the tournament but walked away empty-handed. I was happy to fight such strong opponents and all, but I'd be happier if I managed to make a little pocket money. It's just my luck. Yeah, I think I'll lay off the get-rich-quick schemes and try to make money the old-fashioned way from here on in, like... maybe... Maybe if I could get this old Rindo-kan dojo back up and running, maybe I could make a name for myself! Whoa, whoa, whooooaaaaa! Another mess I've got myself into.
- "I sure hope you get to meet your family, mister! Until we meet again!"
- "I can't lose to someone who's forsaken their own teacher! For shame!"
- "Wow! I had no idea there were fighters this strong out there..."
- "You sure are loud for someone who can't even beat a kid!"
- "What kinda training lets you shoot electricity! I wanna try!"
- "You got what you deserved for treating me like some kinda amateur!"
- "Y'know, kicks are pretty useful, too. Maybe I should give 'em a try!"
- "I wouldn't be able to face my family if I lost to a common criminal!"
- "Just how many weapons do you have hidden in that outfit? Geez..."
- "You have your own dojo! Running one is hard work, isn't it?"
- "I have a weapon too, ya know! I call mine "Rindokan Karate"!"
- "Either fight or dance! Just pick one already!"
- "Sorry, but I'm not so keen on lectures! Can we save this part for next time?"
- "When people are too polite, they come off as sarcastic. Know what I mean?"
- "Those are some impressive kicks! Maybe I outtgha train in the savannah too."
- "Sorry mister, but your food's kinda gross. I prefer sushi and sashimi!"
- "I've always wanted to face off against a real, live sumo wrestler! Thanks!"
- "Battling you gives me chills down my spine...
- "Yeah! I can't wait to tell everyone back home that I beat the mighty Fei Long!"
- "I was taught to respect my elders, so I'll let you walk away this time!"
- "You kinda remind me of my grandpa!"
- "I may be just a kid, but I've got a bright future ahead of me!"
- "You're pretty fast, but don't underestimate the power of karate!"
- "Who ever knew there was a fighting style like this? Not me, that's for sure!"
- "Not even a giant can defeat the power of Rindokan Karate!"
- "Ninjas are so boring... Always bouncing around all over the place."
- "Your moves are like tae kwon do, but sort of evil and twisted."
- "I thought you were just a lazy bum, but you're pretty strong!"
- "I'm not intimidated by your gimmicks!"
- "I won't give up until Rindo-kan karate is known the world over!"
- "You'll need to try harder and improve your reputation if you want to win!"
- "Stupid chatterbox! How do you expect to fight if you won't shut your yap?"
- "You don't use any martial art I've ever seen! Weird!"
- "Your weight gives your punches oompf, but not enough to knock me out!"
- "So you're Ryu? My grandfather told me all about you! You really ARE strong!"
- "I've never fought someone so strong! It was an honor! Thank you!"
- "How can you wear your uniform to a fight? Put on a gi like everyone else!"
- "I won! I'm the tournament champ! I can use the prize money to fix my dojo!"
- "You should be proud you did so well against me!"
- "Give it a rest, will ya? I didn't come all this way to hear about your ego!"
- "I have a brother too, but he's nothing like you too."
- "It doesn't matter how many times you hit me! The most powerful blow wins!"
- "You're pretty big, but your moves leave plenty of time to counterattack!"
- "Rindo-kan karate is the best! Who's next!"
- "Did you see that, Daddy? I'm gonna fix our dojo up good!"
- "Yeah! Looks like my moves work just as well on real world opponents!"
- "I'm gonna keep winning like this and get stronger and stronger!"
- "Whoah! You're pretty strong!"
- "I know I'm still young, but fighters in training really have the desire to win!"
- "You just haven't trained enough. You may as well quit the tournament now."
- "You're too weak to use your loss to promote my dojo..."
- "I knew exactly what you'd try! Better luck next time!"
- "Don't underestimate me!"
- "Didja see that?"