- "Ha ha ha! I'm strongest!"
- Not to be confused with Balrog, whose name in Japanese is Mike or Haggar, whose nickname is also Mike.
Heavyweight boxer Mike spent some time in prison for robbery. During his time there, he learnt to box. When he was set free, he started to look for fights in order to raise money to help the poor in addition to contributing to his community by teaching children how to box. He loves his family and has a good relationship with his sister who is five years younger than him.
- Mike is based on the retired Boxer, Mike Tyson.
- Many fans initially believed that the blond character and the African-American character featured in the Street Fighter II intro were Joe and Mike from the very first game. However, the Street Fighter V website later revealed that they were separate characters named Scott and Max, respectively.
- Up until their new artwork was released for the Street Fighter V website, Mike and Joe were the only fighters never to be officially featured in any other Street Fighter related media outside the original game.
- Mike was speculated to have been Balrog, as the latter's Japanese name is "Mike Bison". However, Capcom has insisted that, despite being boxers with similar names and designs, they were always intended to be two different characters. The Street Fighter World Warrior Encyclopedia (hardcover version) lists them as separate individuals as does the Street Fighter V website, which has a separate character page for Mike with redesigned artwork for him.
- Mike slightly resembles Mr. Sandman from the Punch-Out!! series by Nintendo.
- Coincidentally, Mr. Sandman is also based off an African-American boxer, in his case, Muhammad Ali.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-100880.html
- ↑ http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-100906.html
- ↑ Street Fighter: World Warrior Encyclopedia Hardcover
|Street Fighter Characters|
|Playable||Ken · Ryu|
|CPU Only||Adon · Birdie · Eagle · Geki · Gen · Joe · Lee · Mike · Retsu · Sagat|