Mike, as he appears in Street Fighter.
|Birthdate||January 12, 1961|
|Birthplace||United States of America|
|Height||6'5" (196 cm)|
|Weight||227 lbs (103 kg)|
|Fighting style||Heavyweight Boxing|
|Rival(s)||Ryu, Ken and possibly Joe|
|First game||Street Fighter|
- "Ha ha ha! I'm strong!"
- Not to be confused with Balrog, whose name in Japanese is also Mike.
Mike is a non-playable character from the Street Fighter series who only appeared in the original Street Fighter game as one of the ten computer-controlled opponents. He is a heavyweight boxer who is said to have left the sport after accidentally killing an opponent.
He participates in the first World Warrior Tournament in order to make some money for a living. Sadly, he was forced out of the tournament after losing to Ryu and hasn't been seen since.
- Mike is based on the retired Boxer, Mike Tyson.
- It is believed that Mike was possibly the African-American fighter that was punched in the Street Fighter II intro by the Caucasian fighter who was believed to possibly be Joe.
- Mike is also believed to have been Balrog (whose Japanese name is Mike Bison). Capcom however, possibly due to lawsuit issues, have been very insistent that they were always meant to be two different characters. The Street Fighter World Warrior Encyclopedia (hardcover version) also lists them as separate individuals.
- Aside from the original game, Mike and Joe were the only fighters never to be officially featured in any other Street Fighter related media.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://blog.sfrpg.com.br/post/Mike.aspx
- ↑ Street Fighter: World Warrior Encyclopedia Hardcover
|Street Fighter Characters|
|Playable||Ken · Ryu|
|Non-playable||Adon · Birdie · Eagle · Geki · Gen · Joe · Lee · Mike · Retsu · Sagat|