- "Ha ha ha! I'm strongest!"
- Not to be confused with Balrog, whose name in Japanese is also Mike.
Heavyweight boxer Mike spent some time in prison for robbery. During his time there, he learnt to box. When he was set free, he started to look for fights in order to raise money to help the poor in addition to contributing to his community by teaching children how to box. He loves his family and has a good relationship with his sister who is five years younger than him.
- Mike is based on the retired Boxer, Mike Tyson.
- It was believed that Mike was the African-American fighter who was punched by the blond fighter in the Street Fighter II intro but the Street Fighter V website later revealed that the African-American character in the intro is a different character named Max while the blonde fighter is named Scott.
- Up until their new artwork was released for the Street Fighter V website, Mike and Joe were the only fighters never to be officially featured in any other Street Fighter related media outside the original game.
- Mike was speculated to have been Balrog (whose Japanese name is Mike Bison). Capcom however, has always been insistent that they were meant to be two different characters. The Street Fighter World Warrior Encyclopedia (hardcover version) also lists them as separate individuals as does the Street Fighter V website, which has a separate character page for Mike with redesigned artwork for him.
- Mike slightly resembles Mr. Sandman from the Punch-Out!! series by Nintendo.
- Coincidentally, Mr. Sandman is also based off an African-American boxer, in his case, Muhammad Ali.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-100880.html
- ↑ http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-100887.html
- ↑ Street Fighter: World Warrior Encyclopedia Hardcover
|Street Fighter Characters|
|Playable||Ken · Ryu|
|Non-playable||Adon · Birdie · Eagle · Geki · Gen · Joe · Lee · Mike · Retsu · Sagat|