Nanase appears as a brown-haired teenage girl of average height, with her hair tied back in a ponytail. The top half of her outfit resembles a sleeveless floral-print yukata, with a purple shirt worn underneath it, as well as a breastplate on top and was tucked into a large orange belt with a yellow trim. The bottom half of her outfit is a blue skirt resembling that of a traditional Japanese schoolgirl's uniform, along with matching colored socks and green sneakers. She wears greenish-blue gloves, matching her breastplate in color. Underneath her skirt, she wore bloomers similar to Sakura's but the color is light purple.
In Street Fighter EX2, Nanase's primary outfit has a minor color change in-game; her shirt is pale purple, the half of her sleeveless floral-print yukata is capri blue, her belt is red with an orange trim and both her gloves, socks and sneakers are dark blue.
In Street Fighter EX3 her gloves are blue to match her floral-print yukata and her sneakers appear as indigo. Her skirt is also extended below her knee.
Her outfit remains mostly the same in her Shadaloo C.R.I. profile art, save for her gloves and breastplate being brighter in coloration, and her sneakers being colored white.
In Fighting EX Layer, Nanase's hair is longer and its color is black (brown in her portrait). While assuming her name as Sanane, Nanase now wears a casual outfit; a pink and white high-neck dress with frills at the edge, a dark blue undershirt with an extended collar, and black stockings with gray cross strap designs. Both her sneakers and her gloves from her original outfit are now turquoise. She also wears a large lime green scarf on her neck with a rabbit pin at the left side. She also has a cross hairclip at the left side of her hair and black, gray and dark green headphone on her neck. During her win pose, Nanase carries a wooden bo staff instead of the red and black naginata she previously wielded.
Nanase is generally very cheerful, and has a bright and lively personality.
Street Fighter EX seriesEdit
Nanase was born to the main house of the Mizugami (水神?) family, growing up with her beloved elder sister and role model Hokuto. Although born to a family of kobujutsu masters, Nanase only trained to maintain the tradition and actually dislikes her training, slipping out whenever she gets the chance. However, Nanase avoids cutting training as much as possible in order to not upset her sister. In spite of her reluctance to train, Nanase is a skilled master of bojutsu.
One day, Nanase was surprised by Hokuto's sudden decision to forsake the title of Seiden (正伝?) of the Mizugami Ancient Art of Jujutsu and handed it down to her. Not long afterward, Hokuto disappeared and set off on a journey to fight a new enemy. Nanase later learned that Hokuto was in fact, searching for their long-lost elder brother Kairi, and went on a trip to prevent the two from fighting each other.
In her Street Fighter EX3 ending, she reflects upon her long-lost elder brother, Kairi, who had changed her life forever. Since her sister Hokuto left to find Kairi and never return, she was forced to learn and become a master of the art of her family's Mizugami style. Nanase, however, does not want to take this role, and wishes that one day things will go back to the way they were.
Nanase was mentioned in Hokuto's profile, after being freed from the Mizugami clan, Hokuto wanted her younger sister to live a normal life.
Nanase, now going by the name Sanane, also appears as one of the playable characters in the game.
After being freed from the Mizugami clan as her older sister wanted, Nanase finally assumes her name as "Sanane" who is exceptionally skilled in naginata and occasionally overcomes her de ja vu when using her weapon.
After crossing paths and being defeated by a certain man at the Sports Festival, Nanase begins to question about the truth behind her early life (unaware that her sister Hokuto uses the last of her powers to erase her memories).
Nanase's fighting style is based in Bojutsu. Her growing bo-staff is usually used as part of her every special attack. Nanase also shares some attacks with Hokuto, particularly her throws. She is versatile in that she can attack from different ranges using her staff.
She is also expert in hand to hand combat when she uses both punches and kicks.
In Fighting EX Layer, she retains most of her moves from Street Fighter EX series. Her growing bo staff resembles a long naginata when she unleashes her special attacks and her Super Combos.
Move List Edit
- Kyaku - neutral throw
- Keishukou - directional throw
- Raku Shichi Geki - air attack. Double knee similar to Zangief's signature diving double knee attack.
- Tou Chuuhou - overhead punch.
- Sanren Kon - multiple commands. Nanase performs a horizontal strike to her opponent with her bo staff. Can be perform three times. Strength of punch button used determines the length of her staff (it also determines the range), LP can hit from half screen, MP from 3/4 and HP from almost full screen. HP has the slowest start-up and recovery. Only LP version of this move will combo for the full 3 hits.
- Kasumi Oroshi - multiple commands. Nanase leaps forward and attacks mid-air using her bo staff. Strength of kick button attacks from different angles so be sure to use the right version depending on the opponents position.
- LK version strikes in front.
- MK version strikes down and therefore will only connect if directly above the opponent.
- HK version strikes behind her
- Tenshou Kon - an upwards strike. Used as anti-air and like the Sanren Kon, the length of her bo staff varies depending on strength of punch button used. HP has longest range.
- Ryuusui- throw. Nanase grabs the opponent and flings them forward to switch sides. Opponent's back is momentarily exposed which allows her to follow up with a combo.
- Gekkyou Botan - counter, When in stance, Nanase will counter attack if opponent strikes with high attack.
- Yayoi Toukon Gi - A projectile attack which can also be performed in the air and has multiple commands.
- Kon no Kidou Shuusei - controls the direction.
- Meigetsu -
- Ariake - she will throw her bo staff onto the ground near the opponent.
- Kon wo Modosu - staff will spin combo the opponent and then return to Nanase.
- Izayoi Rekkon - launching attack followed up by an air juggle.
- Machiyoi Tenkyuu Geki - Nanase performs a long range single strike of her bo staff which knocks her opponent down. Then uses her weapon to launch herself into outer space and then perform a diving attack into the opponent.
Nanase has effective attacks at all ranges due to her growing staff.
Basic Special Combos. Most of her combos are based around her Sanren Kon special attack.
- Kasumi Oroshi (x3). Can combo three times if correct angles are used. A cornered opponent is an ideal position to get all three hits of this combo.
- cr,MP x Tenshou Kon. Will only combo up close.
- cr.MP Sanren Kon (x3), Only LP version will combo into each other.
- Ryuusui > cr.LK x Sanren Kon (x3)
- Nanase's growing bo-staff, wielded in the EX series, is based on Ruyi Jingu Bang wielded by Sun Wukong, one of main characters in the Chinese classical novel Journey to the West. In Fighting EX Layer this growing bo-staff has been replaced with a wooden naginata.
- Her name in Fighting EX Layer, has switched the big 'N' with the 's'.
|Street Fighter EX Characters|
|EX||Original|| Akuma · Allen · Blair · Chun-Li · C. Jack · Darun · D. Dark · Guile|
Hokuto · Kairi · Ken · Pullum · Ryu · Skullomania · Zangief
|Plus||Bloody Hokuto · Cycloid-β · Cycloid-γ · Evil Ryu · Garuda · M. Bison|
|Plus α||Dhalsim · Sakura|
|EX2||Original||Blanka · Hayate · Nanase · Shadowgeist · Sharon · Vega|
|Plus||Area · Sagat · V. Rosso|
|EX3||Ace · Bison II|
|CPU Only||Shin-Bison · Cycloids · Zako|
|Fighting Layer Characters|
|Fighting Layer||Allen · Blair|
|Fighting EX Layer||Area · Darun · D. Dark · Garuda · Hayate · Hokuto · Jack · Kairi · Pullum|
Sanane · Shadowgeist · Sharon · Shirase · Skullomania · V. Rosso