|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
Specifically: Expand and format to match the rest of the character articles.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
Nanase was born to the main house of the Mizukami (水神?) family, growing up with her beloved elder sister and role model Hokuto. Although born to a family of kobujutsu masters, Nanase only trained to maintain the tradition and actually dislikes her training, slipping out whenever she gets the chance. However, Nanase avoids cutting training as much as possible in order to not upset her sister. In spite of her reluctance to train, Nanase is a skilled master of bojutsu.
One day, Nanase was surprised by Hokuto's sudden decision to forsake the title of Seiden (正伝?) of the Mizukami Ancient Art of Jujutsu and handed it down to her. Not long afterward, Hokuto disappeared and set off on a journey to fight a new enemy. Nanase later learned that Hokuto was in fact, searching for their long-lost elder brother Kairi, and went on a trip to prevent the two from fighting each other.
Nanase's fighting style is based in Bojutsu. Her growing bo-staff is usually used as part of her every special attack. Nanase also shares some attacks with Hokuto. She is versatile in that she can attack from different ranges using her staff.
Move List Edit
- Kyaku - neutral throw
- Keishukou - directional throw
- Raku Shichi Geki - air attack. Double knee similar to Zangief's signature diving double knee attack.
- Tou Chuuhou - overhead punch.
- Sanren Kon - multiple commands. Nanase performs a horizontal strike to her opponent with her bo staff. Can be perform three times. Strength of punch button used determines the length of her staff (it also determines the range), LP can hit from half screen, MP from 3/4 and HP from almost full screen. HP has the slowest start-up and recovery. Only LP version of this move will combo for the full 3 hits.
- Kasumi Oroshi - multiple commands. Nanase leaps forward and attacks mid-air using her bo staff. Strength of kick button attacks from different angles so be sure to use the right version depending on the opponents position.
- LK version strikes in front.
- MK version strikes down and therefore will only connect if directly above the opponent.
- HK version strikes behind her
- Tenshou Kon - an upwards strike. Used as anti-air and like the Sanren Kon, the length of her bo staff varies depending on strength of punch button used. HP has longest range.
- Ryuusui- throw. Nanase grabs the opponent and flings them forward to switch sides. Opponent's back is momentarily exposed which allows her to follow up with a combo.
- Gekkyou Botan - counter, When in stance, Nanase will counter attack if opponent strikes with high attack.
- Yayoi Toukon Gi - A projectile attack which can also be performed in the air and has multiple commands.
- Kon no Kidou Shuusei - controls the direction.
- Meigetsu -
- Ariake - she will throw her bo staff onto the ground near the opponent.
- Kon wo Modosu - staff will spin combo the opponent and then return to Nanase.
- Izayoi Rekkon - launching attack followed up by an air juggle.
- Machiyoi Tenkyuu Geki - Nanase performs a long range single strike of her bo staff which knocks her opponent down. Then uses her weapon to launch herself into outer space and then perform a diving attack into the opponent.
Nanase has effective attacks at all ranges due to her growing staff.
Basic Special Combos. Most of her combos are based around her Sanren Kon special attack.
- Kasumi Oroshi (x3). Can combo three times if correct angles are used. A cornered opponent is an ideal position to get all three hits of this combo.
- cr,MP x Tenshou Kon. Will only combo up close.
- cr.MP Sanren Kon (x3), Only LP version will combo into each other.
- Ryuusui > cr.LK x Sanren Kon (x3)
- Nanase's growing bo-staff is based on Ruyi Jingu Bang wielded by Sun Wukong, one of main characters in the Chinese classical novel Journey to the West.
Street Fighter EX series Edit
|Street Fighter EX Characters|
|EX|| Akuma · Allen · Blair · Chun-Li · C. Jack · Darun · D. Dark · Guile|
Hokuto · Kairi · Ken · Pullum · Ryu · Skullomania · Zangief
|EX Plus||Bloody Hokuto · Cycloid-β · Cycloid-γ · Evil Ryu · Garuda · M. Bison|
|EX Plus α||Dhalsim · Sakura|
|EX2||Blanka · Hayate · Nanase · Shadowgeist · Sharon · Vega|
|EX2 Plus||Area · Sagat · V. Rosso|
|CPU Only||Bison II · Shin-Bison · Cycloid · Zako A · Zako B · Zako C|