Project X Zone 2 (プロジェクト クロスゾーン2：ブレイブニューワールド Purojekuto Kurosu Zōn 2: Bureibu Nyū Wārudo?, Pronounced Project Cross Zone 2) is a tactical role-playing crossover game and the sequel to Project X Zone. It is part of Namco's X series. Although the game is primarily a crossover between Capcom, Sega, and Bandai Namco Entertainment as with the previous installment, characters from Nintendo's Fire Emblem: Awakening and Xenoblade Chronicles also make an appearance. The game was released on November 12, 2015 in Japan, February 16, 2016 in North America and February 19, 2016 in Europe.
Like its predecessor, Project X Zone 2 is a tactical role-playing game in which players strategically maneuver their characters across a field to battle with the enemy. Characters are paired up into Pair Units, with Solo Units consisting of a single character able to assist them when linked together. In battle, players use well-timed attacks and combos to do as much damage to the opponent as possible before their turn ends.
Project X Zone 2 features pairs of characters from all three participating companies (Namco, Capcom and Sega), as well as solo characters who can provide assist attacks during combat. The game also features Nintendo characters for the first time with characters such as Chrom and Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening and Fiora and Metal Face from Xenoblade Chronicles. An original character, Chizuru Urashima (voiced by Mariko Kouda) also appears.
|Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine||Resident Evil||Capcom|
|Dante and Vergil||Devil May Cry||Capcom|
|X and Zero||Mega Man X||Capcom|
|Ryu and Ken Masters||Street Fighter||Capcom|
|Demitri Maximoff and Morrigan||Darkstalkers||Capcom|
|Strider Hiryu and Hotsuma||Strider and Shinobi||Capcom / Sega|
|Chun-Li and Ling Xiaoyu||Street Fighter and Tekken||Capcom / Bandai Namco|
|Jin Kazama and Kazuya Mishima||Tekken||Bandai Namco|
|Kite and Haseo||.hack||Bandai Namco|
|Yuri Lowell and Flynn Scifo||Tales of Vesperia||Bandai Namco|
|Ciel Alencon and Nana Kouzuki||God Eater||Bandai Namco|
|Reiji Arisu and Xiaomu||Namco X Capcom||Bandai Namco|
|KOS-MOS and Fiora||Xenosaga and Xenoblade Chronicles||Bandai Namco / Nintendo|
|Chrom and Lucina||Fire Emblem: Awakening||Nintendo|
|Akira Yuki and Kage-Maru||Virtua Fighter||Sega|
|Ichirō Ōgami and Erica Fontaine||Sakura Wars||Sega|
|Sakura Shinguji and Gemini Sunrise||Sakura Wars||Sega|
|Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima||Yakuza||Sega|
|Zephyr and Vashyron||Resonance of Fate||Sega|
|Leon S. Kennedy||Resident Evil||Capcom|
|Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey||Ace Attorney||Capcom|
|Captain Commando||Captain Commando||Capcom|
|Natsu||Soul series||Bandai Namco|
|Alisa Illinichina Amiella||God Eater||Bandai Namco|
|Aty||Summon Night||Bandai Namco|
|Valkyrie||The Adventure of Valkyrie: Legend of the Time Key||Bandai Namco|
|Estelle||Tales of Vesperia||Bandai Namco|
|Heihachi Mishima||Tekken||Bandai Namco|
|Pai Chan||Virtua Fighter||Sega|
|Axel Stone||Streets of Rage / Bare Knuckle||Sega|
|Ulala||Space Channel 5||Sega|
|Leanne||Resonance of Fate||Sega|
|Segata Sanshiro||Sega Saturn Advertisments||Sega|
Some Solo Units summon other characters as part of their attacks:
- Captain Commando summons Michelle Heart from Legendary Wings and Cyber Blue from Battle Circuit.
- Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey summon Steel Samurai and Pink Princess from the same game series.
- Valkyrie summons Pino and Acha from Toy Pop, Wagan from the Wagan Land series, and Solvalou from Xevious.
- Ulala summons Opa-Opa from Fantasy Zone, Alex Kidd from Alex Kidd, and the Roman centurion main character from Altered Beast.
Event-only Characters Edit
- Sylphie from Forgotten Worlds (voiced by Rie Tanaka) and Miyuki-chan from Ordyne (voiced by Fumiko Orikasa) appear as shopkeepers.
- Cardinal Garigliano from Resonance of Fate.
- Tarosuke and Otohime from Shadow Land.
- Aura from .hack.
The following is a list of non-playable characters that appear as major enemies throughout the game.
Promotional Art and PackagingEdit
- To view all official character artwork, see: Official Art.
- ↑ http://gematsu.com/2015/09/project-x-zone-2-launches-february-26-north-america
- ↑ http://nintendoeverything.com/project-x-zone-2-hits-north-america-on-february-16-europe-on-february-19/
- ↑ http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/tgs-15-project-x-zone-2-lucinachrom-fiorakos-mos-revealed-demo-announced-trailer-more/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyE6JXDBY48
- ↑ http://www.famitsu.com/news/201507/02081998.html
External Links Edit
- Official website
- Wikipedia article
- Project X Zone wikia article
- Namco wikia article
- Capcom Database article
- Sega wikia article
|Namco's × series|
|Namco-produced||Namco × Capcom · Project × Zone · Project × Zone 2 · Tekken × Street Fighter|
|Capcom-produced||Street Fighter × Tekken|