|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
Specifically: Expand and format.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
Pullum Purna (プルム・プルナ Purumu Puruna?, arabic: برم برنا "B'r'm B'r'n'a") is a video game character from the Street Fighter EX series, first appearing in Street Fighter EX. She is an exotic Middle Eastern heiress traveling the world alongside her bodyguard Darun Mister, in an attempt to find her missing father.
In Street Fighter EX, Pullum sports a blue arabian vest with gold designs under a white burst lace bra and long white evening gloves adorned with gold bracelets. She also sports sky blue semi-transparent harem pants and golden steel-toed pumps. She has a hairstyle similar to Ibuki's and wears a gold necklace with a red round pendant at the center.
In her alternate appearance, her arabian vest is white and her bra are replaced with a dark blue sleeveless loose top adorned with a gold belt, her harem pants are pink and she wears dark blue short arabian boots.
In Street Fighter EX2 Plus, Pullum's outfit has minor changes: she wears a medium blue short sleeved arabian jacket with gold folded sleeves tucked in a pink obi, sea green harem pants and a large choker on her neck, she no longer wears evening gloves.
In Street Fighter EX3, Pullum's outfit has again a minor color change; her arabian jacket is royal blue, her obi is light purple and her harem pants revert back to its original sky blue.
In her Shadaloo C.R.I. profile art, she remains largely the same but she no longer wears a necklace on her neck.
In Fighting EX Layer, her hair is now black (dark brown in her portrait) and she wears a cyan headband on her head. She wears a modern outfit similar to the modern female Arabians; a teal and white bra top with an elaborate frill designed white arm warmers with holes to show her arms. She retains her sky blue harem pants from her original outfit and is now adorned with a blue checkered loin cloth on her waist and yellow flats. She is also adorned with gold jewelries on her waist, a gold armband and a necklace with red pendant at the center. In her in-game appearance, her primary attire is in different shades of hot pink and her tambourine is light pink with a gold heart designs.
Pullum has a generally cheerful disposition. She is very curious and loves experiencing new things.
Street Fighter EX seriesEdit
The daughter of a wealthy Saudi Arabian man, Pullum seeks revenge for her grandfather against Shadaloo after he was found in a hypnotic state, having read a book with the word "Shadaloo" on the cover. She vows revenge, and hires Darun Mister as a bodyguard, teaming with her friend Blair Dame and going traveling.
Street Fighter EXEdit
(Japanese version) She did not know him personally, but she has a relative working for Shadaloo who was nominated to be part of Shadaloo's executives. What will become of that division of Shadaloo when she learns this fact? She is a selfish princess after all. What are you going to do, Bison? Let someone else take care of that?
Street Fighter EX Plus αEdit
(Japanese version) "Do you even know who I am?" Thus echoes the shrilled voice of the pampered princess. All the other personcould do was be groggy. "This must be one of the fighting techniques used by Her Majesty." said the stewardess while starting to prepare her tea. "There is no one out there who can match this Princess."
In her EX3 ending, Pullum made it a point to practice dancing everyday after the tournament as she thinks to herself. "Is it better to wiggle my hips more or less? Is my expression is okay in this way?". Suddenly, the door opens unexpectedly and the man happens to be her bodyguard Darun who loudly calls her as "Master Pullum." He tries to inform her partner for that day's dance practice which Pullum replies "Oh! Mr. Darun... You are also..." this implies that she saw Darun's muscular appearance or she is commenting on Darun's interest in practice dancing.
Shadaloo C.R.I. profileEdit
Pullum is a wayward young lady who is brimming with curiosity and loves new things. She's searching for her Arab father, Barba Purna (バルバ・プルナ?), who is working at Shadaloo's base, and travels the world to find him. She often causes trouble for her bodyguard Darun. She's also a member of the Worldwide Young Ladies Club.
Pullum will be a playable character in the game. She and Vulcano Rosso will become free playable characters in the upcoming EVO 2018.
She was mentioned in Darun's character profile when he decided to resign his post as her bodyguard to fight Garuda in Japan.
After her father's disappearance, Pullum rose up and governed her country in her father's stead. She tries to figure out how to escape her daily lives from boredom, Pullum discovers the clue about her father's disappearance.
Pullum fights using an original style incorporating dance moves. Her style is based on an Arabian dance.
Having a distinct fighting style, Pullum is still maneuvered as a standard "Quarter-circle" character. She uses mainly her legs to attack. She's the only character in the first game of the EX series with the ability to double-jump. She can also manipulate wind which she uses as her Super Combo. Some of her throws can be very damaging, she can knock down her opponent with a powerful kick, grabbing the opponent by her legs to knock them down similar to the Frankensteiner (this throw is later used by Poison) with use of her Alacer Wrist, and throwing her opponent similar to the Giant Swing in mid-air using Dance Wind.
Her Drill Purrus special attack is similar to Dhalsim's Yoga Drill Kick but hers are faster to execute and her Purim Kick which she somersaults her opponent is similar to Guile's Flash Kick but in a slow and graceful manner. Her Ten-El Kick which is a reverse somersault.
In Fighting EX Layer, she retains all of her moves from the Street Fighter EX series. Her tambourine now serves as her weapon to hit her opponents' head in a comical music backgrounds.
Her first Super Combo is Res Arcana in which Pullum executes a reverse heel drop four times and knocks her opponent with Purim Kick. Her second Super Combo is Præc Larum in which she uses a ballet style by twirling her opponent in multiple spinning kicks. Her spinning kicks roughly resembles Ryu's Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku. Her third Super Combo is the Kind Wind which she manipulates a wind ball of energy serving as her aerial projectile to damage her opponent in mid-air.
Her Meteor Combo Gradus Par has her opponent dancing with her in a rhythmic theme until they twirl several times but this causes the opponent to get massive damage during the multiple twirls as Pullum is last seen bowing formally on her downed opponent (presumably collapsed from dizziness during the multiple twirls).
- Like a few other characters in the series, her name has been oddly romanised, likely because it has made the journey from Arabic to Japanese phonetic spellings and finally to English. In Arabic "Pullum Purna" is written as برم برنا, which translates to "Birim Borna" — and is doubly suitable in her case as "birim/birm" means "twirl" (as in to twirl around) and "Borna" is a given name meaning "youthful" (though it's usually a boy's name).
- Rouge, from Capcom's Power Stone series, shares some similar traits to Pullum in terms of design and fighting style.
- Pullum shares similar character traits to two Street Fighter characters, Dee Jay and Elena.
- Pullum and Dee Jay are both dark-skinned (Dee Jay is Caribbean while Pullum is Arabian) fighters who fight using dance moves and they both use musical instruments (Dee Jay is often seen with maraccas, while Pullum uses a tambourine).
- Pullum and Elena are both dark-skinned females who use dance moves in their respective fighting styles.
- In the game Suikoden II from Suikoden series, the character Karen bears a strong resemblance to Pullum when she is in battle, and her own dance mini-game as her basic attacks resemble Pullum's moves such as the Purim Kick. Her Twin Ring Rune bears a strong resemblance to Pullum's Res Arcana and Praec Larum. But the version of her move has her spin the opponent using a nail as a weapon then going for two spinning kicks.
- Karen's dance mini-game is nearly identical to Pullum's Gradus Par which she and the protagonist Riou are gonna start their dance performance as she allows her to watch Riou to perform any dance moves whether he succeed or fail depending on the player's performance in the mini-game.
- Pullum's moves in Street Fighter EX plus α
- Pullum's moves in Street Fighter EX2 Plus
- Pullum's moves in Street Fighter EX3
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Street Fighter V Character Encyclopedia: Pullum Purna
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 https://twitter.com/bowya_MB/status/778567594076876801
|Street Fighter EX Characters|
|EX||Original|| Akuma · Allen · Blair · Chun-Li · C. Jack · Darun · D. Dark · Guile|
Hokuto · Kairi · Ken · Pullum · Ryu · Skullomania · Zangief
|Plus||Bloody Hokuto · Cycloid-β · Cycloid-γ · Evil Ryu · Garuda · M. Bison|
|Plus α||Dhalsim · Sakura|
|EX2||Original||Blanka · Hayate · Nanase · Shadowgeist · Sharon · Vega|
|Plus||Area · Sagat · V. Rosso|
|EX3||Ace · Bison II|
|CPU Only||Shin-Bison · Cycloids · Zako|