Remy, as he appears in Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
|Likes||His sister, bad moods|
|Dislikes||Everything that he sees, but especially his father, all fighters, Fighting|
|Moveset||Light of Virtue, Rising Rage Flash, Cold Blue Kick, Light of Justice, Supreme Rising Rage Flash, Blue Nocturne|
|First game||Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike|
|Japanese voice actor(s)||Eiji Sekiguchi|
- "That selfishness victimizes people, destroys love, and creates hatred! I'll never forgive them! Those who call themselves "warriors..." Just like my father, a man who deserted and betrayed his family!"
- — Remy to Alex, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Remy is a tall, lanky fighter with long, turquoise hair. He wears tight-fitting red pants, a black leather jacket emblazoned with a capital omega (Ω), and brown high-heeled boots. One of his win animations reveals that he wears nothing under the jacket.
Design-wise, Remy is evocative of The King of Fighters series's Iori Yagami. Both fighters wear similar clothing and have cold and aloof demeanors; however, Remy is a likely deliberate contrast to Iori, evidenced in their personalities and other features.
Though Remy can be just as wrathful as Iori, he appears comparatively calmer and reserved; conversely, Iori rarely tries to hide his hatred. This is not only displayed in their respective fighting style (i.e. Remy's composed Savate techniques versus Iori's more "primal" attacks), but in ironic elements of their personality. While Remy claims to hate fighting despite being a fighter himself, Iori, on the other hand, hates violence despite being a violent person.
Also of note are their color themes; Remy's long hair and association with a 'cooler' blue is opposite of Iori's spiked red hair and his "fiery" persona.
Remy seems calm and composed, but in reality he is a cruel and nihilistic warrior full of wrath and hostility. Though he sees fighting as a futile lifestyle, as it "victimizes people, destroys love, and creates hatred," he continues to fight out of an inability to forgive people like his father, who abandoned him and his now-dead sister to pursue the fight. His hatred may be to the point of madness; Remy's pre-battle rival dialogue with Alex indicates that the latter thinks him to be insane and in need of a psychiatrist.
Despite claiming to "hate everything that he sees," Remy obviously still cares for his dead sister, whom he has preserved. He also has an inquisitive, self-doubting side, as he often ponders why his opponents fight, or why he continues to fight despite the fact that he abhors fighting.
Street Fighter III: 3rd StrikeEdit
Remy bears a grudge against all fighters, since his father abandoned his family to pursue the path of the warrior, and his sister died, whom he encased in a block of ice underwater in the Bay of Biscay to preserve her.
In his ending, he mentions learns that he must "forget everything" to be happy, for it was the darkness of being a warrior that caused his father to disappear and abandon Remy and his sister. He allows his sister's corpse to sink further to the very bottom of the sea, showing that he has put his dark past behind him and has moved on.
Gameplay and fighting styleEdit
Remy's fighting resembles the French martial art of Savate, and his special moves are very similar to those of Guile and Charlie. He is one of the few characters in 3rd Strike that can effectively control space at all times and at virtually any range with a combination of powerful long range attacks and zoning techniques.
- Remy and his sister may be an homage to Hyōga and his mother Natassia from the manga and anime series Saint Seiya.
- Like Remy's sister, Natassia's body remained preserved because of the low temperatures around the corpse, due in her case to the cold waters of the Arctic Sea, where her boat had shipwrecked.
- Hyōga (the current Bronze Saint of Cygnus) holds a deep-seated contempt for his fellow Bronze Saints, a detail that was heavily altered between the original manga series and the anime adaptation.
- Both have storylines that revolve around leaving the bodies of their deceased loved ones to finally sink into the deep ocean as a way to overcome their past and face their own future.
- Tekken character Katarina Alves is somewhat similar to Remy. Both use similar stances and Savate styles that focus on kicks.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Street Fighter: World Warrior Encyclopedia
- ↑ http://sukinahito.deviantart.com/art/sweat-174799462
- ↑ Capcom-Unity - Street Fighter 3rd Strike Art Contest Winners: Remy
|Street Fighter III Characters|
|Akuma (Shin) – Alex – Chun-Li – Dudley – Elena – Gill – Hugo – Ibuki – Ken – Makoto – Necro – Oro – Q – Remy – Ryu – Sean – Twelve – Urien – Yang – Yun|