Remy, as he appears in Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
|Likes||His sister, bad moods|
|Dislikes||Everything that he sees, but especially his father, all fighters, Fighting|
|Moveset||Light of Virtue, Rising Rage Flash, Cold Blue Kick, Light of Justice, Supreme Rising Rage Flash, Blue Nocturne|
|First game||Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike|
|Japanese voice actor(s)||Eiji Sekiguchi|
- "That selfishness victimizes people, destroys love, and creates hatred! I'll never forgive them! Those who call themselves "warriors..." Just like my father, a man who deserted and betrayed his family!"
- — Remy to Alex, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Remy is a thin, long-haired fighter, wearing red tight-fitting pants and a black leather jacket emblazoned with a capital omega.
Design-wise, Remy is reminiscent of a King of Fighters character, especially Iori Yagami. Both fighters wear similar clothing and have cold and aloof demeanors; however, Remy is calmer and reserved, while Iori doesn't even try to hide his hatred. Remy's omega symbol also looks similar to Iori's crescent symbol; however, Remy's is on his chest while Iori's is on his back.
Remy's long turquoise hair is opposite of Iori's, which is red and spiked at the front. Also, Remy's fighting style is very composed, unlike Iori's very primal and instinctive style. Both also have ironic personality traits; while Remy claims to hate fighting despite being a fighter himself, Iori, on the other hand, hates violence despite being a violent person.
Remy seems calm and composed, but is in actuality a cruel and nihilistic warrior full of wrath and hostility. Though he sees fighting as futile, as it "victimizes people, destroys love, and creates hatred", he himself continues to fight as he is unable to forgive people like his father. His hatred may be to the point of madness, as Alex thinks he is insane and should get a psychiatrist in their rival battle.
Despite claiming to "hate everything that he sees", he does still care for his dead sister, whom he has preserved. He also has an inquisitive, self-doubting side, as he often ponders why his opponents fight, or why he himself continues to fight despite the fact that he abhors fighting. In his ending, however, Remy realizes that while he cannot forgive his father yet, he must let go of his hatred and moves on with his life.
Street Fighter III: 3rd StrikeEdit
Remy bears a grudge against all fighters, since his father abandoned his family to pursue the path of the warrior, and his sister died, whom he encased in a block of ice underwater in the Bay of Biscay to preserve her.
In his ending, he mentions that he must "forget everything" to be happy, for it was the darkness of being a warrior that caused his father to disappear and abandon Remy and his sister. He allows his sister's corpse to sink further to the very bottom of the sea, showing that he has put his dark past behind him and has moved on.
Fighting style and gameplayEdit
Remy's fighting resembles the French martial art of Savate, and his special moves are very similar to those of Guile and Charlie. He is one of the few characters in 3rd Strike that can effectively control space at all times and virtually any range with the combination of powerful long range attacks and zoning techniques.
- Remy and his sister represent an homenaje to the classic tragic characters Hyōga, the current Bronze Saint of Cygnus, and his mother Natassia from the manga and anime series Saint Seiya:
- Remy's sister was kept within a capsule of ice after her demise. Just like her, after her death Natassia's body remained preserved because of the low temperatures around the corpse, except that in her case stemmed from the cold waters of the Arctic sea where shipwrecked the boat in which she was aboard.
- Coincidentally both characters initially harbored great hatred and contempt for his fellows: the other fighters in the case of Remy and the rest of the Bronze Saints for Hyōga (this fact is fundamentally very different between the original manga series and the anime adaptation).
- Finally, both in the case of Hyōga and Remy, in some way they ultimately left the bodies of their deceased loved ones finally sink into the deep ocean as a way to overcome their past so they could face their own future.
|Street Fighter III Characters|
|Akuma (Shin) – Alex – Chun-Li – Dudley – Elena – Gill – Hugo – Ibuki – Ken – Makoto – Necro – Oro – Q – Remy – Ryu – Sean – Twelve – Urien – Yang – Yun|