Street Fighter II series Edit
- "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
- "You did quite well, but you need more training to defeat me!"
- "You must defeat my dragon punch to stand a chance!"
- "I look forward to our next battle."
- "You fought well. I was honored."
- "Now I will find a better challenge!"
- "What's wrong? Why do you hold back?"
- "True victory is to give all of yourself, without regret."
- "Whatever you find worthwhile in life, is worth fighting for!"
- "Your strength is equal to that of your will to win!"
- "One fight. One more step on the path to becoming a true warrior!"
- "The only way a true fighter can suffer, is by not fighting!"
- "I see a strong will to fight in your eyes! Don't give up yet!"
- "Sometimes the most important battle, is the battle within..."
Rose: Ryu... You are not strong enough to win the battle with that man. Or should I say, you COULD win, but at the cost of your soul...
Ryu: ...?! Who are you? And who is "that man?" Fight me now... And defeat me, if you can!
Ken: Ryu... It's time! Fight me! Now you will finally see that I am the strongest! Not you!
Ryu: Ken? What's wrong? Your eyes... What's happened to you?!
Ken: Shut up!! Don't assume that I'm what I once was! We fight!!!
Ryu: Ken!! ?! Who... are... you?!
Bison: Huh ha ha ha ha ha! You're as strong as I had hoped, Ryu! Ken was too afraid that you'll be a master, and that he won't. I gave him great power, but only at the cost of his mind.
Bison: Now it's your turn! Prepare to be seduced by my Psycho Power! I will reveal your dark nature!
Street Fighter IV series Edit
- "The answer lies in the heart of battle."
- "I still don't have what it takes. I must train harder."
- "This time victory is mine."
- "Can you stand up after that?"
Street Fighter IV Edit
- "That look in your eyes... Never forget the fighting spirit you feel now."
- "I'm ready for a rematch should we cross paths again."
- "I've a better understanding now of what it means to be a true warrior..."
- "A clenched fist speaks louder than a hundred words."
- "What a fight! You have my gratitude."
- "You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance!"
- "I walk my own path, regardless of what direction other men take."
- "This is the power of Hado! The spirit channeled through the fist!"
- "Don´t forget the training you´ve had until now! Get up and fight again!"
- "Shoes? No, I can't certainly afford them. I go barefoot for comfort."
- "These two fists are everything to me!"
- "If you have a goal, you must seek it out! Never give up!"
- "There must be some ways to control the Satsui no Hado! Sadly we are at its mercy!"
- "Your power is worthy of praise, boxer! You need only to fight from the heart!"
- "Though you do no speak, your fists tell a tale of their own."
- "Your technique is solid. All that remains for you is to grow a spirit!"
- "Your kicks are so impressive! No matter how many times we fight, I remain in awe."
- "Settle down and start a family? I have much to do before I can consider that..."
- "Close but no cigar, friend. Surely you realize what your technique lacks!"
- "There is compassion in the way you fight. You have earned my respect."
- "You must put your strength to use. Simply showing it off is not enough."
- "I don´t know much about cooking, but your movement and strength impress!"
- "Your technique reminds me of someone I once saw..."
- "Ansatsuken... An art devoted to killing. I cannot condone a murderous art!"
- "Such incredible power! There is no mistaking it, Master, you have returned!"
- "I feel neither anger or sadness in your fists. You have grown stronger!"
- "Amazing, Ken. Each time I fight you, I feel something new and different..."
- "I can never let power such as yours fulfill such dark ambitions!"
- "You claim to see my future yet it is I who will forge that future myself!"
- "You have an interesting technique... Too flashy to be effective though."
- "Any true fight is actually a fight against oneself."
- "You haven't lost it, Sagat! Let's fight again another day!"
- "I´m certain we´ll meet again as long as you continue on the warriors´ path!"
- "Your failure stems from your obsession with power..."
- "You self-love is not justified! One day, you´ll face men stronger than me!"
- "You brag too much about your strength! This will always be your weakness!"
- "My journey to become the ultimate fighter has only just begun."
- "Each time I fight, I learn something new. This journey has been fruitful."
- "Even if my fists were to turn to dust, I would not give up in my quest!"
- "The more I learn, the more I realize how far I am from the end of my journey."
- "The power I am after is the power to win - not the power to destroy!"
- "You must defeat my Shoryuken to stand a chance."
- "No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."
- "If you go into the ring expecting to fail, you will. Believe in yourself!"
- "Power alone is no guarantee of victory. Keep your eyes on your opponent!"
- "Give it your all!"
- "These two fists are everything to me!"
- "The answers you seek will come to you during your journey, my friend."
- "You have a long way to go if you ever hope to defeat Sagat!"
- "I will never become like you! I will forge a new path!"
- "Hatred and lust for power are no match for a true warrior!"
- "It's hard to believe that your moves were all self taught! Well done!"
- "What you lack in power, you make up for in speed. Use that to your advantage!"
- "Your kicks are as powerful as ever! I could learn a lot from you!"
- "You cannot run from who you are. The fight won't provide the solace you seek."
- "Your devices make for interesting moves, but they are easily avoided."
- "Your stance could use some work. Care to give it another shot?"
- "Your carefree attitude blinds you to the true importance of the fight!"
- "I never tire of watching you in action. Your moves are inspiring."
- "I am grateful, for you have shown me the grace inherent in the art of boxing."
- "You honor tradition with your moves. Still, you could stand to improve."
- "I have no likes or dislikes when it comes to food. I'll eat anything."
- "I... I cannot give in to this power!"
- "There is an artistic quality to your moves. You are a true master!"
- "You may be strong, but you lack the drive for self-improvement."
- "Thank you, Master!"
- "You seem sad. Have you been eating the fermented beans I gave you?"
- "Bushin-ryu is an incredible art. Your speed is without rival!"
- "I look forward to seeing what other moves you have in store next time!"
- "You're speedy, but you have to keep an eye on your opponent if you want to win!"
- "You and I have vastly different ideas about what constitutes fun."
- "That was fun, Ken! Let's spar again soon!"
- "Using power to control others is an unforgivable offense!"
- "You're still wet behind the ears, but I sense great potential within you."
- "We have different philosophies on how to acquire power. This much I know."
- "I cannot see the future nor the outcome of my battle. That is why I fight!"
- "So you're looking for Ken, are you? I'll be sure to let him know."
- "We both have a long way to go until our true potential is reached."
- "Just relax and focus. That allows you to read your opponent's moves and react."
- "Power is more than just the strength in one's moves. Never forget that!"
- "There exists no obstacle that cannot be overcome. Experience has taught me this."
- "Try keeping your mind off your looks and you may be able to dodge my attacks!"
- "Only by finding yourself can you truly live. Remember this."
- "You lack the power, but possess great speed. You'll be a mighty warrior soon!"
- "Still unable to cope with my Hadoken, I see."
Win quotes Edit
[p] = the name of the character's partner.
[o] = the name of the primary opponent.
Even after a thousand battles, I'm still far from being the perfect fighter.
I'm still not good enough...I need to keep improving!
Fear not, [o], I won't forget the battle we fought here today.
Get up and fight me again! You still have some fight left in you! I can see it!
Where one goes isn't important. What matters is following your own path!
With [p] covering me, we'll show everyone our true power!
If you keep repeating your mistakes, you will not get anywhere.
That was the first time I've ever seen that kind of attack! This world always has something to surprise me.
Win Quotes (character-specific) Edit
VS Alex: Accept this fight for what it was. The important thing is that you have no regrets.
VS Batsu: Getting ahead doesn't come by charging in headfirst. Focus your thoughts, then attack!
VS Casshan: Half a step can be the difference between victory and defeat. Today, victory is mine.
VS Chun-Li: As always, your technique is stunning. I'm glad you're continuing your training.
VS Doronjo: A real warrior fights on equal ground, not by outnumbering their opponent.
VS Frank West: You've taught me a valuable lesson. I've met hundreds of the world's best fighters, but this is the first time I've met one that's a cameraman!
VS Gold Lightan: You're a giant... Even the Russian wrestlers I've fought in the past can't compare to you!
VS Ippatsuman: You've got quite the nice punch. I'm sure we'll battle again soon enough.
VS Joe the Condor: Your punches blur past with rage. But you cannot extinguish my flame with such a punch!
VS Jun the Swan: Why do you attack from a distance? I don't mask my intentions, so come at me head on!
VS Kaijin no Soki: Your blade is as sharp as my fist is strong. We are true equals in power!
VS Karas: I'm in no rush for this fight to end. If we continue, I believe we'll find our answers.
VS Ken the Eagle: As I expected, the famed Ken the Eagle's attacks are relentless and powerful.
VS MegaMan Volnutt: If you give up now, then you're finished. Could you be satisfied with yourself then?
VS Morrigan: Whenever I feel that my soul cannot be shaken, someone like you appears to prove me wrong.
VS Polimar: Even the most violent of maelstroms weaken. Thankfully, it was worth it to be patient.
VS PTX-40A: My fists have been honed to perfection. Your shattered steel plates are proof of this!
VS Roll: No need to lose heart. You too are a great fighter.
VS Ryu: I can't let my guard down against an opponent who knows me inside and out!
VS Saki: I hope this fight has reminded you what you are fighting for. Thank me by returning to your own path!
VS Tekkaman: You can have a rematch any time. What, in space? I'd be honored to!
VS Tekkaman Blade: Your strength... I sense an unrelenting weight bearing down on you.
VS Viewtiful Joe: You won't defeat me with those weak punches, even if you hit me ten thousand times!
VS Yatterman-1: Now that we know each other's true power, we can start fighting for real!
VS Yatterman-2: I like how you try every attack you know. You'll become a better fighter once you get more fights under your belt.
VS Zero: If I had let up for just one second, I would have lost... My journey to be the greatest warrior is still not complete...
- "Come on... FIGHT!"
- "Show me your strength."
- "I will surpass... the Satsui No Hadou!"
- "Nice form. Now, let's go!"
- "Spiders... I hate spiders...."
- "Interesting... you fight like a wild animal!"
- "Master of the Iron Fist? Show me!"
- "That was a good fight."
- "Your stance is weak!"
- "Your kicks still need practice."
- "So..that was K'un-Lun's power..."
- "When you lost control, you lost the fight." (against Wolverine)
- "Huh...I guess that wasn't so scary." (against Spider-Man)
- "I knew your teaching were false!" (against Akuma)
- "As long as I'm standing, I can still fight!"
- "Defeating the world's best is no longer enough! I have a new world to challenge!"
- "I must find a more worthy opponent..."
- "I still have a long journey before I am a true warrior..."
- "That's the first time I've seen an attack like that! I must train harder..."
- "Your last attack was off by a second. And a second is a lifetime in battle."
- "Huh? You stole my Shoryuken!? When did you...!?"
- "It was my pleasure to meet a warrior who fights with honor. I hope that our paths will cross again."
- "I see you are battling your inner demons. You must prove that you are stronger than they are."
- "Space... If that is where my path takes me next, then I must follow."
- "And I thought facing someone with one claw was bad enough. You really put me to the test. Thank you."
- "This is the path of destiny!"
- "Let's go!"
The news of Pandora has reached Ryu, thanks to Chun-Li, as she tracks Shadaloo's movements. The reports of ordinary people displaying unimaginable power due to the influence of the box has Ryu worried.
Ryu: The box seems to have a power over people. It creeps in, and makes them lose all sense of self. Is it possible that Pandora's Box is connected to the Satsui no Hado...?
Ryu sets his sights on the antartic to discover the true nature of the box. Ken, worried about his friend, decides to accompany him.
Ken: Guess there's no reasoning with you on this one, huh? Okay. I suppose I might tag along for the ride.
Ryu: Thanks Ken. I have a feeling I'm gonna need your help.
One day, the mysterious box had come from outer space suddenly disappeared. Along with it, a certain well-renowned fighter also dropped off the face of the earth. It was said that the power of Pandora was an evil magic that could corrupt even those with the most benevolent intentions of trying to save the world.
Did the man who was once tempted by the Satsui no Hado fall victim to its power? Or, did he sacrifice himself to rid the power of Pandora? The answer disappeared along with the box. With the exception of the fighter's disappearance, everything returned to normal. The current whereabouts of the world warrior is still a mystery...
...At least, for now.
- "After this battle is over, I can continue my journey."
- "Get serious!"
- "So much power...!"
- "Losing...strength..." *sacrificed*
- "Power alone will never defeat me."
- "I still don't have what it takes. I must train harder." *final round win*
- "Now I'm getting the hang of things!" (Comment 1)
- "As long as there's still fight in your fists, I'll take you on as many times as you like!" (Comment 2)
- "These two fists are everything to me!" (Comment 3)
Win Quotes (character-specific)Edit
- "Throws and hard-hitting blows are a dangerous combo...but your fundamentals need work."
- "You and I travel down different paths! I will fight you, but on my own terms!"
- "I'm not really sure what you are...but thanks for the fight!"
- "I’m sure you’re going to get stronger and stronger! I look forward to fighting you again one day!"
- "You should fight not for fame or fortune, but to better yourself!"
- "So this is the power of the wilderness... You've definitely evolved beyond my expectations."
- "Your fighting style is really smart! I know a guy who could learn a lot from you!"
- "We seek different things from the fight. I doubt we will cross paths again."
- "Your kicks certainly do sting! I'd better be careful next time!"
- "Focusing on my opponent lets me read their moves. Sorry if you thought I was staring. I wasn't. Really."
- "Your movements are as polished as ever! I'd better train hard to keep up!"
- "Instead of running away, face your problems head on. I'm sure you will get back on the right track."
- "You won't beat me relying on just your abilities and weapons. Work on your technique!"
- "So this is the potential of Yoga... Maybe I should take a training trip to India."
- "Such elegant punches! So nice to finally meet a boxing champion!"
- "I'm almost sure I've heard your voice somewhere before...this isn't our first time meeting?"
- "Your moves are as sharp as ever! How about another round?"
- "You've got a nice spring in your step! Maybe I should rethink my stance on shoes..."
- "Your strength betrays your age! Is it because your spirit is so fierce?"
- "You certainly are... big. But you can't defeat me with just power alone."
- "You need to work on your footwork a bit. Too much show and not enough substance."
- "You’re definitely faster than me, but you leave yourself far too open."
- "I could sense something from you during our fight... As if you had a soul hidden somewhere inside..."
- "The driving power behind your fists should not be power, but your conviction!"
- "I'm always happy to cross fists with a fighter who is dedicated to their beliefs."
- "If you seek to cause injury to others, in the end you will only hurt yourself. Remember that."
- "The Devil Gene and Satsui No Hado...am I wrong in feeling that these powers are somehow similar?"
- "This time victory's mine! How's your family doing by the way?"
- "Wrestlers sure do pack a punch. That was a tough match."
- "Great! I haven’t had bear stew in a while…"
- "Did I just fight a cat?"
- "You have very strong beliefs. Your fists told me as much."
- "You run a Chinese restaurant? I’ll stop by next time! Hope it’s all you can eat!"
- "What an interesting fighting style. I am glad to have crossed paths with you!"
- "You came up with your own fighting style? That’s really impressive!"
- "Your strength was just as I expected. Your punches were heavy, but nothing I couldn’t handle."
- "My will shall never bend to the forces of evil! Never!"
- "You sure do have some interesting weapons. How did you get them?"
- "I fight for self-enlightenment. There's no need to take a life for that."
- "Your punches have no power behind them! A fist with no conviction will never reach me!"
- "What an odd fellow... The world sure is an interesting place."
- "Your goal is to be the best in the universe? I’m looking forward to seeing your progress next time!"
- "A whip isn't a bad weapon to use in a fight, but the more you wave it around, the easier it is to hit you."
- "All I had to do was settle down and ignore your illusions. After that, it was pretty easy to read you!"
- "Winning isn't everything. It's all about what you take away from the fight."
- "Ah, you know Ken? If there's anything you want me to tell him I'll be sure to pass it along."
- "The first step to becoming a true martial artist is knowing your own strengths and weaknesses."
- "This is just the beginning of a long rivalry, Sagat! We can help to make each other stronger!"
- "You're going to catch up to me in no time. But I won't make it easy for you!"
- "You're still a bit rough, but you have great potential! Thanks for the nice fight!"
- "This cat can throw Hadokens... ?! Just what in the... ?"
- "Your arrogance cost you this time. All your moves were very predictable."
- "Stay true to your feelings and you'll find true strength!"
- "This is the cursed sword I've heard so much about. There's definitely something sinister about it."
- "That was a great fight! It looks like you've finally come up with a way around my Hadoken!"