|SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos|
|Platform(s)||Arcade (Neo-Geo MVS), PlayStation 2, Xbox|
|Release date|| July 24, 2003 (Arcade)|
November 13, 2003 (Neo Geo)
December 25, 2003 (PlayStation 2)
October 7, 2004 (Xbox)
|Genre(s)||Crossover / Fighting game|
|Rating(s)|| ESRB: T|
|Input methods||8-way joystick, 4 buttons|
|Arcade system||Neo-Geo (708 Mbit cartridge)|
|Display||Raster, 304 x 224 pixels (horizontal), 4096 colors|
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos (エス・エヌ・ケイ バーサス カプコン エスブイシー カオス Esu Enu Kei Bāsasu Kapukon Esbuishī Kaosu?) is a fighting game developed by SNK. It was released two years after Capcom released Capcom vs. SNK 2 but has many differences regarding the game's system.
In Japan and Europe, the game was ported for both the PlayStation 2 and the Xbox. In North America, however, it was released for the Xbox exclusively, due to Sony Computer Entertainment game approval policy.
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos primarily utilizes the command system of The King of Fighters series, incorporating light/strong kicks, punches, cancels, and charging attacks. Unlike its predecessor, Capcom vs. SNK 2, SVC Chaos features no air guards and has no "groove system", instead focusing on quicker gameplay. Characters are provided with a 3 bar system for executing special attacks on varying levels with filling options attributed to strikes and damage. Additionally, the sprites from the various series received new models and some special effects were changed in command lists.
To face a midboss in this game, the player can meet varying requirements to face them:
- To battle Zero or Mars People, the player must use an Exceed in every match prior to the mid boss fight. To battle Geese or Dimitri, the player's Exceed must fail to connect to the opponent on the match prior to the midboss fight. To battle Dan or Goenitz, the player must use an Exceed twice in any number of rounds prior to the midboss fight.
- To face the secret bosses in this game, the player has to meet one of two varying requirements to face them. However, as a difficulty curve, the player has only one chance to defeat them. Failing to meet either requirement is the same result if the player loses to them, a text-only ending that states the player character was never seen again.
- To battle Athena, the player must not lose a round, get five Super Combo finishes, defeat Shin Akuma or Serious Mr. Karate with a Super Combo or Exceed in any given round, and avoid winning by chip damage. The requirement to battle Red Arremer is same as with Athena, the only difference being that the player must win a round by chip damage.
There are 18 SNK characters and 18 Capcom characters, for a total of 36 playable characters.
Secret boss characterEdit
- If the player does not reach either one of the two secret bosses, a text scroll ending states that the player character was never seen again.
- Shin Akuma, Serious Mr. Karate, and the two secret bosses can perform an unlimited amount of super combos provided that they have at least one bar of meter available.
|SNK vs. Capcom series|
|Capcom-produced||Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 | Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001 | Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO|
|SNK-produced||SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium | SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters Clash | SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters 2 Expand Edition | SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos|