This is a list of quotes used by Sagat.
Street Fighter II series Edit
- "You are not a warrior. You're a beginner."
- "I am not satisfied until I have the world's strongest title again!"
- "I will regain my title as the Muay-Thai king."
- "Someone like you could never scar me."
- "You've got a lot to learn before you can defeat me. Try again, kiddo."
- "Is that all you can do?"
- "Such a pitiful technique..."
- "In Shadaloo, I am the law."
- "The Shadaloo Tong will always be ruled with my iron fist."
- "Crawl back to your own country, before we cane your hide."
Street Fighter Alpha series Edit
- "Accept your weakness. Never return here!"
- "Do not challenge what you cannot defeat!"
- "It will take more than you to best me!"
- "Now who is the strongest?"
Rival Dialogue Edit
Sagat: "You scarred me and sealed your fate. Now the scales will be balanced. You took my honor and I'll destroy you!"
Ryu: "You just don't get it, do you?"
Sagat: "Shut up! I won't lose this time!"
Rival Dialogue Edit
Adon: "How could you lose to Ryu? You deserve to die!"
Sagat: "It's time I teach you respect. It's your lucky day. You will share Ryu's fate."
Sagat: "Ryu, now is the time for revenge."
Ryu: "You still haven't recovered from our last duel."
Sagat: "I have something new for you. This time you'll be scarred."
Win Quotes Edit
- "Defeat has brought me anger... Anger which leads to victory!"
- "Hatred spares no one!"
- "How does it feel to have your body torn by my fist?"
- "I promised this scar, that I would never be defeated again!"
- "Man, beast or god... My punch smashes all into nothingness!"
- "Pathetic... Will you now beg me for your worthless existence?"
- "Your flesh is soft. My fists are invincible. Realize your agony."
- "Your weakness will not satisfy my vengeful rage!"
Rival Dialogues Edit
Dan: "Sagaaaaaaaaaaat!! You killed my FATHER!! Remember my name before you die! I am Dan Hibiki!! I am the strongest martial artist! Feel my wrath!!"
Dan: "I don't believe it! Why couldn't I beat him with my mighty power? One more chance... I must fight!"
Sagat: "I can't bear to watch... He's just like the way I was! I need something... Something other than hatred..."
Vs. Ryu Edit
Sagat: "...!! WHAT'S THIS?! What have you done to Ryu, Bison?"
Bison: "Hmm... What are you waiting for? Isn't this what you wanted? I charged Ryu with Psycho Power to make him stronger. This is everything you could have ever asked for!"
Sagat: "Did you really think that I would appreciate this? I wish to fight Ryu when he uses his true power from within... I have no need for your tampering and cheap tricks!"
Bison: "Hah! Then perhaps you'll never be a great fighter after all... Your pitiful pride will lead you to your own destruction... I'll show you your weakness!"
Win Quotes Edit
- "My speed and strength kills!"
- "Had enough, have you? This makes you one of life's losers."
- "Be satisfied that you layed your fists on the emperor!"
- "You are too weak! You cannot even enterain the idea of wounding me!"
Pre Battle DialogsEdit
Street Fighter IV series Edit
- "Show some backbone."
- "Do not enrage the king!"
- "You will taste defeat."
- "Show more respect to the fight."
- "Hmmm, what's the matter?"
- "Take your shot!"
- "Do your worst."
Round Win QuotesEdit
- "Once again, victory is mine."
- "They call me king for reason."
- "You are powerless!"
Ryu: Sagat! It's been a long time.
Sagat: Hmph... A promise is a promise.
- "Only those with the courage to face me are granted a rematch."
- "What a feeble attempt! Did you actually think you could hurt me with that?"
- "There is no disgrace in defeat provided that you learn from your own mistakes."
- "Only the powerful deserve a chance to take a shot at my throne!"
- "Did my kicks dizzy you or are your punches always so sloppy?"
- "I am not called the king for nothing! I could never lose to you!"
- "Your weakness is a disgrace to those who actually deserve to take me on!"
- "You see now why they call me the king!"
- "How foolish of you to take me on! Did you not know my strength?"
- "If you can get up after that, I'll happily treat you to another beating!"
- "You have potential. We should fight again one day."
- "You cannot defeat the king if you hold doubt in your heart, fool!"
- "You might actually stand a chance if you stop showing off, fool!"
- "It takes more than instinct to defeat me! Even an animal should know that!"
- "Fear not! Your true power has only just begun to reveal itself!"
- "If you wish to take on the king, you must rid your heart of mercy, girl!"
- "I have no patience for cheaters who rely on tools to get the job done!"
- "Your bitterness does not interest me. A true warrior needs to have pride!"
- "You don't stand a chance if you are afraid of hurting your opponent, fool!"
- "You cannot master two disciplines at once! Return to your country at once!"
- "If you only want to show off your power, go elsewhere! The ring requires skill!"
- "Only a fool boasts of his strength but cannot back up his words with action!"
- "You used my fists against me! It won't happen again!"
- "This is more than a sloppy bar brawl! Show some pride in your actions!"
- "Make no mistake! This man works only for himself!"
- "Close your mouth before I speed you along to paradise, fool!"
- "This fight is not over yet, Ryu! Stand and let's do it again!"
- "The Ryu I knew was more powerful than you! Are you trying to incur my wrath?"
- "There can be only one king!"
- "You have a long way to go before you can compare to him, child!"
- "You are nothing but a bag of bolts! You cannot defeat the king!"
- "Only a fool would spend his whole life based around his own ego!"
- "The moment I fell to his Shoryuken changed me forever. First, I was wracked with anger... humiliation... impatience. All I could think about was growing stronger and exacting my revenge. However... During my countless battles, I began to catch a glimpse of something. The meaning of victory... of defeat... of the fight itself... I want to know. I want to know the ultimate purpose of the fight. My scar burns. My fighting spirit grows restless. What is it you see in the ring?"
Boy: Sagat, welcome back!
Girl: You're back so soon.
Monk: Calm down, you two. He's only just returned. Don't be a bother.
Sagat: It's alright.
Girl: How was your journey?
Sagat: You know... I actually had fun.
Boy: You actually had fun?
Sagat: Let's just say I met an old friend.
Win Quotes Edit
Vs. Mode Edit
- "A strong fighter is not one who always wins, but one who stands after defeat."
- "All the world's fighters must bow before the undisputed king!"
- "Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."
- "Have you tested him in battle as well? Impressive. I shall remember you."
- "I will not rest until I know the meaning of the fight!"
- "I'm inspired by the courage of those who have fallen before my mighty fist."
- "Now you know the power of the king!"
- "Stand up!"
- "They call me the king for a reason, fool! You never stood a chance!"
- "You are not a warrior. You're a beginner."
- "You are not yet strong enough to go toe-to-toe with the undisputed king!"
Arcade Mode Edit
- "You are not yet ready to face me. Find your path and see where it leads."
- "The fact that you were once my apprentice is a source of great shame."
- "No one with such a lack of self-control can be taken seriously as a fighter."
- "Until you see the fight as more than a wild free-for-all, you are no fighter."
- "Throw away your past and a new door to the future will make itself known."
- "Do not attempt to dethrone the king unless you are ready to fight!"
- "Your rebellion does not show strength, but betrays your cowardice!"
- "If you cannot fight by your own power, you have no business in the ring!"
- "You are far too weak to attempt your silly quest for revenge."
- "Showmanship alone is no match for the king of Muay Thai!"
- "Standing up in the face of defeat is the only path to true victory!"
- "Your technique is to be admired, but your heart is simply not in the fight."
- "Clumsy and blind attacks won't even net you victory from a mangy dog!"
- "Your attention is too scattered to call yourself a true fighter!"
- "A braggart like you is not worthy of my attention!"
- "You have mastered many moves, but your fists have no soul."
- "You put up a good fight, but your skills were no match for the king!"
- "Do not expect lenience because you are a child! You are simply too weak!"
- "The empty threats of a petulant child do not frighten me!"
- "Your moves are useless against the undisputed king!"
- "You have no right to demand allegiance from the undisputed king!"
- "You have mastered the basics, but you have a long way to go, child!"
- "You are no god! But I am a king!"
- "You lost not because it was preordained, but because you allowed yourself to."
- "Words only muddy the waters of battle! Have you not yet learned this lesson?"
- "This is not over, Ryu! We will meet again!"
- "You threw the fight! Why would you deny me the pleasure of a fair victory?"
- "Nothing is gained in fighting one who cannot rely on his own power!"
- "Your bluster is nothing but a facade behind which you cower like a child!"
- "Conceited child! Genuflect before the feet of the king!"
- "No matter how much you struggle, you cannot escape the grip of a tiger!"
- "You have not earned the right to claim to fight for your country."
- "I don't care who you are. There is nowhere to run once you're in my sight!"
- "Friendship requires a deep bond. It's not as simple as you make it out to be."
- "You'll need more resolve if you ever hope to be number one as you say."
- "An emperor doesn't fight for show! Leave this place immediately!"
- "Those who fight with their body alone will never be true warriors!"
- "No mercy!" (paired with Dhalsim)
- "Fight every battle as your last!"
Round Win Edit
- "They call me 'king' for a reason."
- "You're not worthy!"
- "You don't know half of what I'm capable of."
Win Quotes Edit
Street Fighter Edit
- "Now you understand the power of the king!"
- "Your fist is different from his... you are quite strong. But I swore to never be consumed by defeat again!"
- "How ironic... you, who value wealth so much, are not worthy of life."
- "Even dogs can bark and howl! Where is your fight?! What happened to your "ferocious" jungle?!"
- "Your face says you are ready for battle, but you cannot yet call yourself a soldier."
- "Your speed is impressive but, that's all you have. You can't lay a finger on me!"
- "Running away from your problems by fighting is the sign of a sad, pathetic, broken man."
- "There is no need to hold back against me, Dhalsim! Fight me with your all!"
- "If you have time to groom your mustache, you are not dedicated to the fight!"
- "If you want to dance, go to a club! This is a fight!"
- "Challenge me with no resolve and be prepared to face death!"
- "Your half-baked moves are nothing to me!"
- "Stand up! I will make you regret baring your fangs to the King!"
- "Fighting is not a show! I have nothing else to say, be gone!"
- "Coward! If you were a true soldier, you'd challenge me man to man!"
- "Words are meaningless on the battlefield! Speak with your fist!"
- "Do not disappoint me! After all your training, was that the best you could do?"
- "The path that man follows is a difficult one. Have you prepared yourself to follow in his footsteps?"
- "An imitation will never claim the title of the king."
- "Ridiculous fool, you cannot see past yourself and you will never be able to best me!"
- "You fight for your country? Then stand up and defend its honor!"
- "Even in defeat, your resolve remains strong... Interesting! I'm looking forward to challenging you again!"
- "Coward! Can't you fight without relying on evil power? That man is more of a warrior than you are!"
- "A fist that knows no pride will never reach me!"