Capcom are said to have "given their blessing" to the film, and the film was released on May 6, 2010.
The film follows Ryu after waking up from a nightmare of Akuma. While walking in the forest, he is followed by a mysterious warrior revealed to be Ken Masters, Ryu's old friend and sparring partner. The two have a match together using their signature moves, the Hadoken, Shoryuken, and Tatsumaki Senpukyaku in the day time and night time in the rain. The film ends with the two in mid-air about to kick.
The film is a Streetlight Films production, co-directed by Joey Ansah (of The Bourne Ultimatum) and Owen Trevor, produced by Jacqueline Quella and stars Jon Foo as Ryu, Christian Howard as Ken Masters, and Ansah himself as Akuma. Both Ansah and Howard are also the writers of the film.
There are currently plans for a series and several cast members have already been locked down.
- A silicon glove covered in flame gel that was literally set on fire was actually worn by Christian Howard when performing the beginning of the Shoryuken.
- Street Fighter: Legacy on IMDB
- Joey Ansah's vision of Street Fighter: Legacy
- Street Fighter: Legacy movie interview - video interview
- Collider premieres the Street Fighter: Legacy live-action short film! Plus two awesome behind the scenes featurettes!