|filling out and expanding the article. Please remember to source everything added, especially as more information is released.|
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is a 2.5D fighting game and the first major updated version of Street Fighter V. It will cost $39.99 for the standard edition, and be a free update for those who already own the original version. It will feature all the original playable characters (including the DLC fighters), an Arcade Mode (which was absent in the original installment), new modes such as the Extra Battle Mode, selectable V-Triggers, as well as new visuals to the game's design. Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is scheduled to be released on January 16, 2018.
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition plays at its core the same as the original Street Fighter V, but with various quality of life improvements and additional modes that were either heavily requested or announced, but never released.
It will most likely see balance changes since it overlaps with the possible beginning of Season 3.
With the release of Arcade Mode, it is currently unknown what has become of Survival Mode, it has either been removed from the game or has been moved to "Challenges".
- New UI: The general UI has seen various visual changes. The main menu now sports a yellow and gold palette as opposed to black and blue. The character select screen has been revamped to accommodate for extra fighters. The background of the select screen has been changed from a globe to a gold arena. The UI while in fights has also gotten gold plating and the Critical Art and V-Trigger meters have been changed and text has black borders.
- Second V-Triggers: Every returning character has received second V-Triggers that can be selectable on the character select screen.
- Bonus Stage: A bonus stage will be available. Not much is known about it other then that it features barrels and Final Fight enemy character Two P as an CPU opponent.
- Arcade Mode: The standard arcade mode that is seen in other Street Fighter games. In this installment, there are six modes that can be played in that represent each major game of the franchise: Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter IV, and Street Fighter V. Each one contains returning fighters sectioned into the games that they first appeared in.
- Extra Battle Mode: Time exclusive challenges that allow players to fight NPCs from A Shadow Falls in order to gain premium exclusive costumes.
- Gallery: A library of artwork for Street Fighter V, such as concept art and the arcade mode endings.
At launch, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will include all 28 characters from the original version of the game, including all the Season 1 and 2 DLC fighters. Players who buy the retail version will get the DLC fighters for free, but players who download Arcade Edition as a free update for the original game will still have to pay for them.
During the development of the original Street Fighter V, producer Yoshinori Ono stated that gameplay expansions and changes would not come in new updated installments like with previous Street Fighter games but rather gradually be added to the game over the long term, and Capcom stated that an Arcade Mode would be released in the future. On September 20, 2017, the UK games retailer ShopTo showed a listing for Arcade Edition.
- ↑ http://shoryuken.com/2015/01/21/capcoms-yoshinori-ono-confirms-dimps-collaboration-on-street-fighter-v/
- ↑ http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/dec/18/street-fighter-5-will-run-unreal-engine-4-capcom-press-release-reveals-partnership-epic-games/
- ↑ http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/dec/06/playstation-4-will-be-only-console-street-fighter-5-ever-appears-its-built-ground-ps4-notable-quotes-sony-presser/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1s4tsxWNkw
- ↑ http://hadoken.net/exclusive-sfv-ono-interview/
- ↑ http://hadoken.net/street-fighter-v-arcade-mode/
- ↑ http://shoryuken.com/2017/09/20/a-posting-for-street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-has-been-spotted-on-uk-games-retailer-shopto