|Street Fighter X Mega Man|
Street Fighter X Mega Man
|Developer(s)||Seow Zong Hui|
|Series||Mega Man / Street Fighter|
Street Fighter X Mega Man (Street Fighter Cross Mega Man), known in Japan as Street Fighter X Rockman (ストリートファイター X ロックマン Sutorīto Faitā Kurosu Rokkuman?) is a game for the PC that was released on December 17, 2012. This game is 8-bit in 2012
The game was initially a fan-made title known as "Mega Man vs. Street Fighter", which was in development since 2009. Creator Seow Zong Hui aka ("Sonic") approached Capcom USA with a work-in-progress version in 2012, and it was soon decided that the project would be funded, given creative input, and officially distributed online through the company. As a commemorative 25th anniversary game for the Mega Man and Street Fighter series, its release doubles as an ushering of the former series' anniversary and the ending of the latter's. It is available for free on Capcom Unity.
The original soundtrack was developed by Luke Esquivel (aka “A_Rival”).
An updated version known as "Street Fighter X Mega Man V2" was released on January 18, 2013. It includes minor tweaks, gameplay enhancements, a new password system, improved controller support, a rebuffed Bison and a new secret character, Sagat.
Having fought countless Robot Masters over the years, Mega Man is ready to lay back, relax and enjoy his 25th Anniversary. Getting wind of this, Ryu and some of his fellow Street Fighters want one last battle before they let their own anniversary finish.
A true collaboration between Capcom and its fans for Mega Man and Street Fighter’s 25th Anniversary, Street Fighter® x Mega Man® was created and developed by Singapore native Seow Zong Hui (aka “Sonic”), with an original soundtrack by Luke Esquivel (aka “A_Rival”), and with support provided Capcom, Street Fighter® X Mega Man® stars the Blue Bomber as he goes toe-to-toe with some of Street Fighter’s most beloved characters complete with their own individual themed stages and boss battles. Jump, shoot, and use your special new Street Fighter abilities to defeat your foes and become the world’s strongest robot!
As in most Mega Man games, the game offers eight levels to choose from.
- Rematch against the eight bosses
- Sagat (hidden boss; V2 only)
- M. Bison
- Akuma (hidden boss)
- This is the first Mega Man game to ever be programmed entirely outside of Capcom.
- In a portion of Ryu's Stage, there is Japanese writing on the wall reading "1987". This was the year that Capcom initially released the original Street Fighter in Japanese arcades; and the original Megaman for the NES.
- Capcom rumored at the possibility of the game being ported to Mac, Linux, and cell phones.
- Each level is a mix of the Street Fighter character's themes and a Robot Master stage theme. For example, Dhalsim's stage is a mix of his theme and Snake Man's.
- Options on the title screen which include a password system.
- Confirmation prompt before exiting (ESC) or resetting (F12) the game
- E Tank glitch and various other bugs fixed
- Improved controller support (Game defaults to keyboard on launch; make sure controller is plugged in prior to opening the file, then go into Options menu and set keys)
- Take screenshots using F9
- M Bison buffed a bit (This place shall become your grave!)
- A new challenger! (Find him yourself!)