Street Fighter X Mega Man (Street Fighter Cross Mega Man), known in Japan as Street Fighter X Rockman (ストリートファイター X ロックマン Sutorīto Faitā Kurosu Rokkuman?) is a crossover game for the PC that was released on December 17, 2012. It is available for free on Capcom Unity.
As in most Mega Man games, the game offers eight levels to choose from. In addition Dan appears everytime a new weapon is obtained.
- Rematch against the eight bosses
- Sagat (hidden boss; V2 only)
- M. Bison
- Akuma (hidden boss)
"Having fought countless Robot Masters over the years, Mega Man is ready to lay back, relax and enjoy his 25th Anniversary. Getting wind of this, Ryu and some of his fellow Street Fighters want one last battle before they let their own anniversary finish.
A true collaboration between Capcom and its fans for Mega Man and Street Fighter’s 25th Anniversary, Street Fighter® x Mega Man® was created and developed by Singapore native Seow Zong Hui (aka “Sonic”), with an original soundtrack by Luke Esquivel (aka “A_Rival”), and with support provided Capcom, Street Fighter® X Mega Man® stars the Blue Bomber as he goes toe-to-toe with some of Street Fighter’s most beloved characters complete with their own individual themed stages and boss battles. Jump, shoot, and use your special new Street Fighter abilities to defeat your foes and become the world’s strongest robot!"
The game was initially a fan-made title known as "Mega Man vs. Street Fighter", which was in development since 2009. Creator Seow Zong Hui aka ("Sonic") approached Capcom USA with a work-in-progress version in 2012, and it was soon decided that the project would be funded, given creative input, and officially distributed online through the company. As a commemorative 25th anniversary game for the Mega Man and Street Fighter series, its release doubles as an ushering of the former series' anniversary and the ending of the latter's. It is available for free on Capcom Unity.
The original soundtrack was developed by Luke Esquivel (aka “A_Rival”).
An updated version known as "Street Fighter X Mega Man V2" was released on January 18, 2013. It includes minor tweaks, gameplay enhancements, a new password system, improved controller support, a rebuffed Bison and a new secret character, Sagat.
- This is the first official Mega Man game to ever be programmed entirely outside of Capcom.
- In a portion of Ryu's stage, there is Japanese writing on the wall reading "1987"; this was the year that Capcom initially released the original Street Fighter in Japanese arcades and the original Megaman for the NES.
- Each level is a mix of the Street Fighter character's themes and a Robot Master stage theme. For example, Dhalsim's stage is a mix of his theme and Snake Man's.
- Yang (and/or possibly Yun) were also originally going to be in the game, but they were scrapped. A_Rival did however, composed a mix of their theme (which can be found here),