This article uses content from Wikipedia. The original article can be seen here.
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is an update to Super Street Fighter IV, released in 2011 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. This version of the game aims at bringing the improvements from the arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV to home systems. Besides numerous balance changes, SSFIV:AE introduces new characters Yun and Yang, and makes previously hidden characters Evil Ryu and Oni playable out of the box.
The game has sold 400,000 units worldwide as of December 2011, and 1.1 million by September 2014.
In April 2012, before the announcement of Ultra Street Fighter IV, Capcom community manager Seth Killian had announced that the Arcade Edition would be the final version of the Street Fighter IV series.
On April 4, 2010, an arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV was confirmed by producer Yoshinori Ono during the Japanese Street Fighter IV finals. Various playtests were handled in various arcades as well as appearing during the Street Fighter IV finals at Tougeki - Super Battle Opera.
Shortly before release, images showing debug Xbox 360 achievements from Microsoft's PartnerNet service featuring characters previously only seen in the arcade version of the game were leaked, hinting at a future game update for home systems.
|Character||Japanese voice actor||English voice actor|
|Evil Ryu||Hiroki Takahashi||Kyle Hebert|
|Yang||Masakazu Suzuki||Johnny Yong Bosch|
|Yun||Kentaro Ito||Todd Haberkorn|
The console versions of Arcade Edition were first presented during Capcom's 2011 Captivate event. It was released on June 7, 2011 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as online downloadable content and physical media on June 28, 2011. Although initially questioned due to the rampant piracy the original Street Fighter IV suffered on the platform, on April 12, 2011 it was announced that a PC version of Arcade Edition would be released in July 5, 2011.
For the Arcade Edition, every character received various tweaks, ranging from character balancing to new EX moves. The game also added twin brothers Yun and Yang from the Street Fighter III series as playable characters, and made Evil Ryu and Oni, previously only available as hidden bosses, playable out of the box.
The update is available as downloadable content in the console versions, and as a retail game for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Windows. When updating regular Super Street Fighter IV in the console versions, players get the ability to switch between regular Super and the Arcade Edition. The "Replay Channel" has been expanded to allow players to follow others' recent games, distribute replays, and watch a special channel featuring proficient players. The Microsoft Windows version also features a benchmark test for computers and makes use of Games for Windows Live.
A free patch was released in December 2011 which changed various attack properties and character hitboxes, etc. Although no new characters, stages, or features were added, the changes were significant enough that Capcom dubbed the altered game "Version 2012".
Released on December 13, 2011, the patch aimed to balance the roster again. While most characters have been tweaked, buffed or nerfed a little; Gouken, Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, Fei Long and Hakan have been completely overhauled. The patch's version of Dan has been claimed to be the strongest version yet in a Street Fighter title. The patch is free to download and completely overwrite the data of the previous Arcade Edition.
On May 30, 2014, Capcom deployed a "Version 2014" patch that switched the PC version of game's online services from Games for Windows Live to Steam's servers. The update also introduced some GUI improvements, a reworked achievement system, and an updated replay system. Controversy arose regarding the fact that any DLC purchased through GFWL was lost in the transition. GFWL will still be able to be used until its shutdown.
- Main article: Ultra Street Fighter IV
Released in 2014, Ultra Street Fighter IV is the updated version of Arcade Edition. New features include the addition of five new characters (Elena, Hugo, Poison, Rolento, and Decapre) and six "new" stages, all of which are from Street Fighter X Tekken.
- ↑ 2011 2nd Quarter Finalcial Results. Capcom (2011-03-31). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- ↑ Arcade Edition ends Street Fighter IV. Eurogamer.
- ↑ "Arcade LIVES! Super Street Fighter 4 Confirmed!", Shoryuken.com, April 4, 2010. Retrieved on April 4, 2010.
- ↑ Complete List of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Changes. Archived from the original on 2010-10-18. Retrieved on May 16, 2011.
- ↑ Ono Responds to the Rumored Achievements Leak for Xbox 360 Super Street Fighter 4. Retrieved on May 16, 2011.
- ↑ SSF4 achievements show Yun & Yang, possibly Evil Ryu. Retrieved on May 16, 2011.
- ↑ Trailer & gameplay for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Retrieved on May 16, 2011.
- ↑ Everything You Wanted to Know About Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition but Maybe Didn't Ask. Retrieved on May 16, 2011.
- ↑ "Super Street Fighter IV PC release unlikely", Gamespot, September 22, 2010. Retrieved on September 22, 2010.
- ↑ "Details, covers & images for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition : News : EventHubs.com", EventHubs, April 12, 2011. Retrieved on April 12, 2011.
- ↑ Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition PC. GameSpot.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-10.
- ↑ Yun and Yang confirmed for Super Street Fighter IV arcade, improvements and downgrades for everyone else, Super Street Fighter IV Xbox 360 News. GamesRadar. Retrieved on 2011-10-10.
- ↑ Details, covers & images for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. EventHubs.
- ↑ Stuff You Want to Know About SSFIV:AE for PC. Capcom.
- ↑ Savage, Phil. Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition ditching GfW Live for Steamworks this Friday. website. PCGamer. Retrieved on 30 May 2014.
- ↑ Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition for PC Only $7.49 on Amazon, Keys Now Redeemable Through Steam. Retrieved on 1 June 2014.
- ↑ 'Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition' (ALL) Switches To Steamworks, DLCs Do Not Transfer. Retrieved on 1 June 2014.
- ↑ uper Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition DLC lost in transition off Games for Windows Live. Retrieved on 1 June 2014.
- ↑ Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition's DLC won't migrate from GFWL to Steamworks. Retrieved on 1 June 2014.