Thunder Hawk, as he appears in Super Street Fighter IV.
|Height||7'7" (230 cm)|
|Weight||360 lbs (163 kg)|
|Hair color||Brown, Black (SSFII game sprite)|
|Fighting style||Thunderfoot Tribe's own style of martial arts|
|Likes||Collecting skins, Animals (especially his hawk), his headband, Soccer/Football|
|Dislikes||M. Bison's lies, wrestling|
|Rival(s)||Ken, Charlie (SFA3), Juli (SFA3), M. Bison, El Fuerte|
|Hobbies||Carving wood sculptures, conversation and hunting|
|Moveset||Rising Hawk, Diving Hawk, Mexican Typhoon, Raging Typhoon, Raging Slash, Double Typhoon|
|First game||Super Street Fighter II|
|English voice actor(s)||Richard Cardona|
|Japanese voice actor(s)||Shōzō Iizuka (Street Fighter Alpha 3), Tōru Nara (Super Street Fighter IV)|
|Live action actor(s)||Greg Rainwater|
- "Your scream sounds like a pathetic war cry!"
- —T. Hawk
T. Hawk, or Thunder Hawk (サンダーホーク), is a Mexican Indian/Native American video game character in the Street Fighter series. He was first introduced in Super Street Fighter II, and has made a few recent appearances afterwards.
When he was an infant, he and the members of his tribe were being forced off their land by Shadaloo. Some of the Thunderfoot members resisted and fought against them, and many were killed, including their leader, Arroyo Hawk (T. Hawk's father), who was murdered by a younger M. Bison. Now living in Mexico near the Monte Albán plains, T. Hawk wants nothing more than revenge from Bison for his despicable actions and to reclaim the land that was taken from his people. The Thunderfoot tribe had also experienced disappearances of many of their people, T. Hawk took the responsibility of finding them. One of them, his beloved Julia, became Juli, one of Bison's brainwashed dolls.
T. Hawk is immensely tall and bulky with long, powerful arms and legs, massive hands and feet, a flat nose and a wide chin. He paints his cheeks and lower jaw in a white indigenous-style battle paint. His clothing consists of a stereotypical Native-American attire comprised of jeans-imitating chest-open sleeveless jacket and pants, iron bracers on both fists, thin steel rings around his biceps, a huge belt, moccasin shoes or boots and a blue and white triangular-patterned tiara-like headband ostentating a pair of white eagle feathers etched diagonally upwards from it.
T. Hawk is commonly brave, tough, selfless, noble-spirited, centered and fearless, but equally grumpy, cold, brutish, unemotional and apparently unsympathetic. His lack of emotion display mostly comes from the suffering and devastation inflicted by M. Bison towards his people and sacred homelands - such hatred grew even more powerful in Street Fighter Alpha 3, when T. Hawk discovers that his childhood friend and lover Julia was turned into Juli, one of the Shadaloo's top-ranking female assassins, known as The Dolls, under Bison's brainwash. Despite his externally hard demeanor, T. Hawk is actually a warm-hearted, compassionate man - as evidenced in several of his artworks, where he shows unquenchable affection for native animals - who sights revenge solely on the purpose of rescuing his long-lost people and restoring his ruined homelands back to its former glory.
Hawk enters the second World Warrior tournament to battle against Bison to find Julia, reclaim his people's land and win their freedom from his tyranny. He does not come out as the grand champion, but does regain his land - however, it is desolate and empty. Determined, T. Hawk vows to make his land as great as it once was and bring the Thunderfoot people back home.
His land begins to recover from Shadaloo's damage, though it is not even close to its former glory. Because of this, and the fact that he was ultimately unable to save Julia, he feels that he isn't worthy to be the next chief of the Thunderfoot tribe. He decides to enter S.I.N.'s next tournament to continue his atonement. Along the way he encounters El Fuerte, and it appears the two have previously encountered each other. The two then battle it out to settle their old rivalry. Later, T. Hawk meets Rose, who tells him where Julia is, but warns that "she is now a shell of her former self". T. Hawk, following Rose's directions, finds Julia in a cabin in the wilderness - however, her mental state is troubled, and she does not appear to recognize him or even notice his presence.
In the 1994 live-action Street Fighter film, T. Hawk was a Sergeant serving under Colonel Guile. He and Cammy (who is a Lieutenant) appeared to be Guile's second in command, which would lead one to believe his rank was something along the lines of Master Sergeant or Chief Master Sergeant.
T. Hawk made a small appearance in Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, having traveled to Washington to find and challenge Ken. He proves to be a formidable opponent in the ensuing street fight, but Ken overpowers him and defeats him with a Shoryuken, greatly weakening him. T. Hawk demands Ken finish him off with a Hadoken but Ken refuses, instead leaving. At one point, T. Hawk admits that he intends to track down and battle Ryu, who defeated Sagat in the movie's prologue. It is unknown whether or not T. Hawk finds Ryu in the end.
T. Hawk is the equal of Zangief in strength, but uses more "finesse" in his attacks. Though large, he can defeat many smaller, more agile fighters with his devastating Rising Hawk, Diving Hawk, and Mexican Typhoon techniques. Unlike most bulky warriors, he does not like to grapple, but he can when necessary. More often, however, he uses the swooping aerial attacks that are also at his disposal.
- T. Hawk's background in the Super Street Fighter II games feature the Hospicio Cabañas in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- T. Hawk shares his birthday with Ryu.
- T. Hawk is one of the ten playable Street Fighter characters who are in a romantic relationship or are married.
- In the UDON comics, T. Hawk, watching a wrestling match on TV in a restaurant, requests that the channel be changed, since he can't stand pro wrestling. After El Fuerte hears him badmouth both pro wrestling and R. Mika, Fuerte bursts from the kitchen and yells at him (this is due to Fuerte being a big fan of Mika, as her image adorns every piece of his cooking attire).
- This could possibly be the reason they are rivals in Super Street Fighter IV. Another possible reason they are rivals is hinted from T. Hawk's dialogue of "Looks like I have more to teach you" prior to his rival match against El Fuerte, which would suggest that Fuerte might have lost to T. Hawk before the events of SSFIV.
- The name of T. Hawk's theme, "Eye of the Eagle", was inspired by Survivor's song Eye of the Tiger.
- Being 7'7" (230cm) tall, T. Hawk is the second-tallest character in the Street Fighter series, behind Hugo.
- T. Hawk is the only character in Super Street Fighter IV where he is refered by both his first initial and last name by the announcer upon winning a match. All other characters with a first initial (such as E. Honda and C. Viper) are only referred to by their last name by the announcer.
- Out of all the playable characters in Super Street Fighter IV, T. Hawk is the only one not to say a single word in his own ending. All the dialogue in his ending comes from Rose and the two elderly people looking after Julia.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/hawk.html
- ↑ http://www.streetfighter.com/uk/characters
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NovM20o7Cg
|Street Fighter II Characters|
|Akuma – Balrog – Blanka – Cammy – Chun-Li – Dee Jay – Dhalsim – E. Honda – Fei Long – Guile – Ken – M. Bison – Ryu – Sagat – T. Hawk – Vega – Zangief|
|Street Fighter Alpha Characters|
|Adon – Akuma – Balrog – Birdie – Blanka – Cammy – Charlie – Chun-Li – Cody – Dan – Dee Jay – Dhalsim – E. Honda – Eagle – Evil Ryu – Fei Long – Gen – Guile – Guy – Ingrid – Juli – Juni – Karin – Ken – M. Bison – Maki – R. Mika – Rolento – Rose – Ryu – Sagat – Sakura – Shin Akuma – Sodom – T. Hawk – Vega – Zangief|
|Street Fighter IV Characters|
|Abel - Adon – Akuma – Balrog – Blanka – Cammy – Chun-Li – Cody - Crimson Viper – Dan – Dee Jay - Dhalsim - Dudley – E. Honda – El Fuerte – Evil Ryu - Fei Long – Gen – Gouken – Guile – Guy - Hakan - Ibuki - Juri - Ken – M. Bison - Makoto – Oni - Rose – Rufus – Ryu – Sagat – Sakura – Seth - Shin Akuma - T. Hawk - Vega – Yang - Yun - Zangief|