Tanuki (狸, タヌキ or たぬき [tänɯᵝki]?), also known as the Japanese raccoon dog, is a puzzling animal species in the order Carnivora (ネコ目 Neko-moku?), family Canidae (イヌ科 Inu-ka?), genus Nyctereutes (タヌキ属 Tanuki-zoku?) that has been significant in Japanese folklore since ancient times. The legendary tanuki is reputed to be mischievous and jolly, a master of disguise and shapeshifting, but somewhat gullible and absentminded.
The most notable of Ibuki's Ninja Village TanukiEdit
- Half (ハーフ Hāfu?) - A Canadian born tanuki, who is likely half raccoon and half tanuki.
- Kage (カゲ?) - A full black furred tanuki.
- Majiri (マジリ?) - A fox that likes to think it's a tanuki.
- Buchi (ブチ?) - Quick tempered, with flared eye fur.
- Blue (ブルー Burū?) - Timid tanuki, shy of strangers.
- Cool (クール Kūru?) - Always levelheaded and calm.
- Narudo (ナルド?) - Is never calm, with a wily smile and spazzy eyes.
- Kyu (キュー Kyū?) - Always looking at the sky.
- Ran Ran (ランラン?) - Tanuki who looks like a panda.
- Senseh (センセー Sensē?) - Genius of the tanuki.
- Gusu (グースー Gūsū?) - A tanuki who is always sleeping.
- Kuma (クマ?) - The biggest of the tanuki.
- Kaku (カク?) and Maru (マル?) - Tanuki brothers that look nothing alike.
- Scar (スカー Sukā?) - Tanuki with a surly, menacing appearance, but is kind.
Don-chan (どんちゃん?) is Ibuki's pet tanuki that has been with her since its birth. Don-chan is the only tanuki from the ninja village able to use Ninjutsu. It can be told apart from other tanuki by the cloth wrapped on its tail.