Hi, welcome to Street Fighter Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Blair Dame page.
nice works on the move translationsEdit
dude. you've done well on the the articles for the moves with their hepburn translation. what made you to give update on the name origins of the moves like Messatsu-Gohado, Tenma Gozanku, etc. I'm not sure what's gonna be the reaction of the admins here. sorry to bother you, i hate to admit, you've done quite well on the hepburn translation. could you do for the hepburn translation for the Satsui no Hado article? Pat141elite (talk) 02:10, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks dude. Yeah, I just wanted a little consistency for this wiki. This should go by smoothly with the admins. The only thing I had trouble with is that I can't rename Gadouken to Gadoken. It says the following:
- "The page could not be moved: a page of that name already exists, or the name you have chosen is not valid. Please choose another name, or ask an administrator to help you with the move."
- But Gadoken is a redirect to Gadouken... General Awesomo 03:00, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
Seems you've really done a great job. But can I ask you a favor, I need some help for the Mai-Otome and HiME Wiki, for some reasons there is only one admin there, if you have any knowledge about the Mai Otome and/or HiME, let me know. cause I really need some help on that wiki. Pat141elite (talk) 11:25, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm, that wiki needs some clean-up. Sorry, but I don't know anything about that series. Some dedicated editors will eventually come along. The King of Fighter Wiki is the same way. General Awesomo 21:04, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
it's me againEdit
hey. you really did awesome following the name formats of the hepburn translation of the other ansatsuken moves. and now i manage to re-tone my blog pages for my crossover story with Street Fighter and My-HiME anime. just like the HiMEs childs and their weakness to attacks in the SF games, check it out. Pat141elite (talk) 15:07, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
Shoryu Reppa to ShoryureppaEdit
- Huh, turns out it is "Shoryureppa." I thought it was "Shoryu Reppa." I'll be making the changes now. General Awesomo 18:04, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
Thank you so much Edit
I haven't been able to really work on the whole naming fracas too wel, and I owe you a fair bit. Quick question, though: do you think including the translation as hover-over text would work for the attack pages? It's an idea I had a while ago, but I need input before I go ahead with it. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 16:39, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
- No problem, glad to help. About the hover-over text, you mean like this? Hadoken (波動拳)?
- It's a good idea. However, even though I've never used hover-over texts before, I noticed some potential problems. You can't italicize or use quotation marks (") in a hover-over text. We use italics on the romanization (like hadouken) to differentiate them from other words. And we usually put literal English translations in quotations.
- Or would you just have it simply as Hadoken (波動拳)? The Wāpuro romanizations (like hadouken, where it's "ou" instead of "ō" or simply "o") helped readers with the pronounciation of the word as it gives a little more info on pronounciation.
- Another possible problem is that it could decrease the range of our search bar. Like we could possibly no longer search for Hadoken by typing in "Surge Fist."
- Or is there something I don't know about hover-over texts? Please let me know.
- On another note, why can't I rename Gadouken and Gou Hadoken to Gadoken and Gohadoken? General Awesomo 22:34, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
i need some advice when it comes re-correcting on my crossover blogEdit
dude, you did quite well on cleaning up the articles. but can you please read my blog about the Childs in my crossover story with street fighter and my-hime. especially on the St. Vlas part, in the part where it is weak to Akuma's Misogi. Is it correct Akuma manifests the sin of Anger from the seven deadly sins? cause, some childs in the HiME crossover are weak to special attacks from Street Fighter characters. Pat141elite (talk) 01:55, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Renaming Edit
- Also, in regards to hover text: I suppose we can leave the italicized words in for pronounciation, and leave certain phrases intact as well, such as Seichusen Godanzuki's possible translation, which I'm unsure people will use as search terms... I suppose we might be able to differentiate between the "literal" translation and the less 'messier' version, though that remains to be seen, I guess. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 17:58, May 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, thanks! Wow, can't believe I missed that.
- Do you think we should change the rōmaji to Revised Hepburn instead of Wāpuro? What I mean is, have it as Hadoken (波動拳, hadōken, "Surge Fist") instead of Hadoken (波動拳, hadouken, "Surge Fist")?
- The reason why I'm proposing this is that Revided Hepburn is usually the preferred romanization, such as in Wikipedia. However, we could opt to keep the Wāpuro romanization simply because of the way previous games (mostly the Vs. series) were localized, so it can tie things together for the readers. General Awesomo 18:15, May 18, 2013 (UTC)
RE: Raging DemonEdit
dude, have you ever heard about the base concept about the Raging Demon, it is said there are sixteen hells that punishes the victims soul. if you ever read most of the plot guides in some games (e.g., http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/go/thread/view/7411/28473677/A_more_complete_explaination_of_the_Shun_Goku_Satsu_(Raging_Demon) ). what is the correct basis in buddhism (which based from Mahayana branch of Buddhism) in regards to this move? Pat141elite (talk) 14:02, May 19, 2013 (UTC)
Yeah, I knew about that already. I remember reading about that sometime ago, but I forgot from where. As for the rest, I have no clue. Then again, maybe it's not based on the Mahayana branch. Maybe not everything is represented in every branch. The only thing I know about Buddhism is the Saṃsāra, and even then not a lot, only because of Nagato and the Six Paths of Pain from the Naruto series lol. General Awesomo 15:08, May 19, 2013 (UTC)
thanks for the tip and you gotta see this.Edit
thanks for reminding me of the name localization of the moves. i'll look forward to edit anytime soon. and on the other hand, i just posted the details of the chapters of my crossover story. you can take a look here. and what's your impression about it. and on the other hand, there is a certain chapter in which title alludes to the penultimate mission in MW3. Pat141elite (talk) 17:10, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
the Shin Shoryuken's articleEdit
- Yeah, things are going great. Hyakuretsukyaku, Dashing Head Attack and Forbidden Shoryuken need to be deleted, but other than that, things are just peachy. General Awesomo (talk) 03:09, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
Can you ban this troll AWC?
And this one as well?
184.108.40.206 04:01, June 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not an admin on this wiki. You should report this to Lord Grammaticus. General Awesomo (talk) 05:38, June 26, 2013 (UTC)
excuse me, but do you play capcom vs SNK 2?
File:Shenwookofxii.gif 22:24, June 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, I've never played CvS2. I would like to play it one day. Hopefully Capcom comes out with a Capcom vs. SNK 2: Online Edition. General Awesomo (talk) 01:07, July 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, no problem. I still would like to hear your opinion on localizing/renaming certain moves and regarding the question of appointing me as an admin. You know, to help out and take some tasks off your plate. Vandals just can't go unbanned for a long period of time. General Awesomo (talk) 23:26, July 14, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing the Psycho Crusher input table Edit
I was very sleepy when I did that table and some things slipped me by, glad you noticed and tweaked it up. See ya around! - Holothurion 07:21, July 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Sure, no problem. Glad to help. General Awesomo (talk) 07:43, July 24, 2013 (UTC)
Hi General Awesomo! Edit
I've noticed your hard work around the wiki, and I figure your life would be made easier by access to admin status! As an admin you'd be able to manage the trolls and vandals I see you tirelessly dealing with. You've already demonstrated your reliability, so let me know if you're interested and I'll set it up for you! Just try not to go powermad :P --Evilsbane (talk) 12:46, August 7, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Good JobEdit
Re: Aeolus Edge picturesEdit
oh hey. I'm sorry I didn't think of that when I made the comparison picture. I'll fix that tommorow, ok? Is the second picture ok like that? btw Thanks for the grammar (and visual) correction, I'm always trying to spellcheck, but I often miss something minor. And yeah I'm sorry about the Heavy/Hard thing, I'm new to SF4-generation universe, so I'm still not sure about the terminology.
I understand you are an admin now (congrats by the way!). Can you lock the Sakura article so AWC 208 can't remove some of the Trivia notes (mostly the two bits about Tekken)?
220.127.116.11 03:26, August 17, 2013 (UTC)
Can you ban Vipeakcindy? That troll is creating non-sense articles that have zero to do with SF. I just removed all the stuff written in there.
18.104.22.168 10:26, September 6, 2013 (UTC)
darn it! Guess who is back?
22.214.171.124 19:19, September 10, 2013 (UTC)
You might wanna block awc 201 as the awc recently did vandalism in the Tekken wikia. 126.96.36.199 03:48, September 11, 2013 (UTC)
Please ban Awc 213/182/193 for trolling.188.8.131.52 12:36, October 3, 2013 (UTC)
Please block awc 184.108.40.206.134 10:11, November 1, 2013 (UTC)
- No, the Elena appearance section was just a misunderstanding and also not a big deal. It has been resolved. General Awesomo (talk) 19:16, November 1, 2013 (UTC)
Jin Kazama's MovesEdit
Hey I need your help with editing Jins moves in Street fighter X Tekken. Can you please help me? Sorry this was posted by XonoX
Sorry about asking on your talk page, I didn't know anywhere else to put this. I wanted to edit part of the article on Chun-Li's Hazan-Tensho-Kyaku (Mainly the input, in EX2+ it was double quarter circle backwards rather then charge-down-back+delta motion) but I'm not quite sure how to do so. If it weren't for that barrier I would probably be doing the articles for D.Dark's moves and the same for Hokuto. Is there a tutorial I can find for that?
Stop changing Vega's quote. Edit
Look mate, I can tell due to the fact that your profile pic that you are very particular about what goes on on Vega's page but can you please give the "handsome fighters never lose battles" thing a REST please?You say that that quote is memorable so you changed the good ones back to that.
Vega does not NEED a memorable quote. He needs something that will give his entire personality in one sentance and this drivel does not count. And besides, I don't see the other antagonists of the game sticking to their origional 1991 quotes so why does Vega have to be the only one? And that's another reason, that quote was created 23 bloody years ago.
Seriously, it is not that good of a quote and NEEDS to be changed. So quit it.
Licensed Video Swap ToolEdit
Hey there, General Awesomo. My name is Doug and I'm a member of Wikia's Community Development Team! Wikia has recently updated a new admin tool for videos called Licensed Video Swap. This is a new tool that allows admins to quickly swap videos embedded videos on your wiki from outside providers (such as Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc) to the same (or very similar) video that exists on Wikia Video. The benefit being that the videos hosted on Wikia Video are fully licensed and will never be removed for a licensing issues.
You can read about the updates to the tool on this staff blog. and I am available to help you if you would like any assistance switching any videos out on your wiki, it's your call. Thank you and have a good one!
TheBlueRogue (profile)•(talk)•(email) 22:26, November 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Aha, I just noticed. Anyway, I'll try my best to pull my weight as well. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 00:56, November 27, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Tenshokyakyu Edit
Ahaha, no worries. Span tags only pop up with copypasted text, it's easy to miss. Just go into source mode after pasting to see if any tags showed up. And besides, even if you miss it it's no big deal. :3 Lord Grammaticus (talk) 04:18, November 30, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Blocks Edit
Try to tone it down just a bit. Year-long blocks are something I tend to reserve for more persistent vandals/spammers/etc. A first-time offense shouldn't exceed a week tops. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 09:33, December 5, 2013 (UTC)