You know the drill.
- I'm an admin, so if you have concerns or questions, message me or any other admins. I'm also a busy SOB, so be patient now.
- Keep it below the line, for the sake of keeping messages together. New messages at the bottom.
- Sign, sign, sign your posts. Always end your message with four tildes, or some other form of identifier.
- I occasionally post replies here, so you /may/ wanna keep tabs on this page if you're expecting a response from me.
- View my old talk page messages if you're really interested in that sort of thing.
- View the rules as well.
Would like to report Special:Contributions/220.127.116.11 for vandalism.
The new game footers are brought to you by Encyclopedia Gamia and our very own Games Hub. The basic goal is simple: draw together Wikia communities in one location that enjoy the same genres and hopefully expose them to some new games and communities they might be interested in. Our secondary goal is to try and connect editors looking for help with members and administrators from other wikias who are interested in helping them out, whether it be with content, technical knowledge, or insight gleaned from running a community.
If you haven't already been approached, feel free to include your site in the submission section below in the genre you feel is most appropriate for the game you cover. Note that, with rare exception, a game should only be placed in one footer.
Here are some other things to consider:
- A member or members of the site should be willing to help those that might ask for assistance in creating their own wikia. Obviously this is at member discretion; members aren't absolutely required to answer every request for help, nor should they if the query is unrealistic and/or no one has the know-how.
- Any site participating in the footer will have a page created on the Games Hub for their franchise for more exposure. Members are encouraged to double-check this entry once it is live and may take ownership of the page.
- Any site participating in the footer will have each individual game in their franchise created on Encyclopedia Gamia for more exposure. Members are encouraged to double-check these entries once they are live and may take ownership of the pages.
- Backgrounds are transparent and links/text are set to match the site's settings.
- The new footers are mobile-friendly.
- Though intended to stretch the entire width of a main page, the footer can also fit into the left rail, if so desired.
In most cases a game can fit into multiple categories, so the best should be chosen when possible that most closely matches the genre. Rogue-like games, for instance, aren't included because many games feature stealth elements. Instead, they can be found within the Action-Adventure footer.
Should the situation arise where another footer is potentially needed, one may be created, but only if 1) the genre can't be included in any other category and 2) there are enough games for the footer.
For footers that were created and maintained by Wikia staff, these will be replaced with the new footers.
Footers created by users will not be touched at this time.
WWE stuff on Birdie's page Edit
Hey, someone seems to be adding a lot of trivia on Birdie's wiki page related to WWE.
I decided not to intervene and let the admins sort it out but nothings happenend so far. Just wondering if you'd like to check it out and see if it's necessary or not.
Hi, Lord Grammaticus!
I was wondering if you had an opinion on this site being included in the new gaming footers? We'd love for the Street Fighter community to be included!
4 SFV characters Edit
SFV article Edit
Just saying but the whole Street Fighter V article needs a proper cleanup, especially the plot section and the development section.--18.104.22.168 17:26, October 27, 2015 (UTC)
vega tag partners?Edit
Hi there my name is Kate (I'm kinda new to the wiki) ^^ I have a question regarding Vegas tag partners (excluding balrog) in street fighter X tekken
How do I get vega to say his partners names when switiching out? The ones I really want to hear him say are chun li, lili, and cammy, oh and toro and kuro.
I know he does say his partners names as I've heard it on the games sound effects.
I wanted to personally reach out and start the conversation about portable infoboxes. I've created a thread on the forum in order to be able to answer any questions that you or the Street Fighter users have. Feel free to leave messages there or on my wall and I'll try to answer them as best as I can. :)Witnessme (talk) 21:16, October 27, 2015 (UTC)
Satsui no Hado blank page glitch Edit
HelperW's edits Edit
Can you talk to HelperW (who I'm pretty sure is anon 73) about his edits? Specifically the ones for Bratken? And please tell him to stop making unnecessary space after making a edit, and that he shouldn't insult other wikia users.--22.214.171.124 05:53, November 16, 2015 (UTC)
Just wanted to mention that the whole issue with HelperW has been settled now. He apologized and is more reasonable now.--126.96.36.199 07:02, December 28, 2015 (UTC)
Vandalism report Edit
Where are you?Edit
It's seems you guys are in a hiatus. What I should do in terms of dealing with erratic users/vandals in general while you guys are away?15:15, November 25, 2015 (UTC)
Hi Grammaticus and welcome back! You were gone such a long time.--188.8.131.52 03:13, June 10, 2016 (UTC)
This dude made 2 recent updates to Bison pages. 184.108.40.206
Unfortunately, Lord Grammaticus hasn't been active in awhile, you can talk to the other admin Szakigeri. Also, just so there won't be any misunderstanding here, I'm a different anon 195, I'm not the anon 195 who recently vandalized the Bison article.--220.127.116.11 11:01, March 16, 2016 (UTC)
Oh hey! Great to see you back. I thought I would never see you or General Awesomo again. Since both of you were absent for a long time and troublemakers and other things had to be dealt with, I adopted the Wiki. As far as I know, Awesomo's rights were withdrawn, yours however, were not. I'm happy to see you, you were the most active and caring user hands down. During your absence I tried to keep the Wiki clean and well, I think I succeeded. I hope you are fine with me being an admin, I try my best. -- Saki – At your service. 11:14, June 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Not a problem. Been itching to get back into the swing of things, and I'll be glad to have some help. -- Lord G. matters. Talk to me. 22:56, June 11, 2016 (UTC)
Re: Mu pageEdit
Question about the story sections in SFV characters.Edit
I've noticed alot of the story sections of characters in Street Fighter V have poor grammar, I have not yet played SFV, so would you advise I still revise the errors? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Six18 (talk • contribs)
- You needn't necessarily know anything about the story to correct grammatical errors. So it depends on how averse you are to spoilers, though keep in mind all the details haven't been added just yet. -- Lord G. matters. Talk to me. 02:12, June 25, 2016 (UTC)
As you may already be aware, the official release of Duex Ex: Mankind Divided is coming in August 2016. This new game in the Duex Ex franchise brings back the character Adam Jensen as the protagonist and adds new 'augmentation' abilities options for players. In celebration of the release, we at Wikia would like to publish a blog post at Street Fighter Wiki asking your community members how they would mechanically "augment" their favorite franchise character. An example would be giving Mario bionic legs so he could jump higher, or giving Pikachu an invisibility cloak. After the blog has ran for a week, we would collect the answers and choose one to compete against the picks from the other communities we have invited to participate. We will then ask our users to vote for the one they like the best!
The answer we choose from your community will also be turned into a custom piece of artwork as part of the promotion. Please let us know right away if it is okay to post the blog here. We would prefer to post it as soon as possible. If you or your fellow Admin could promote the blog after we post on your community, that would be greatly appreciated!
User of the MonthEdit
Hi, I really think we should have a user of the month. A lot of users has been doing good work such as Marioyu. I think he will be perfect for July! Sorry for bothering you. I just wanted to do something for our community and show recognition to our contributors!! Have a good day. Worksponge (talk) 04:08, July 21, 2016 (UTC)Worksponge