Status: Busy with life, will be on intermittently if possible.
As an admin, if you have concerns about a vandal/edit war, questions about an article, etc. you are encouraged to message me or any other admins; however, in the case of vandalism, it is suggested that you at least attempt to undo the vandalism first.
You are also free to leave messages below, but remember these things.
- Sign your posts. Four tildes. ~~~~ I cannot stress this enough.
- Messages go under the horizontal line. Always post the new messages below the older ones.
- Remember that I normally answer messages on the talk page, so if you left a message here, check back to see if I've replied.
Have fun, and don't be afraid to ask me for help; I'm open to questions about editing pages and such, even if I don't seem like the open type. And remember: Keep it classy.
Thx for the welcome msg. --Boris Baran 22:38, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
- It's an auto-message done by the WikiaBot, but thank you regardless. Lord Grammaticus 00:29, June 22, 2012 (UTC)
Dear friend I was the owner of Nicah, but I deleted the e-mail on which I had that account. And I don't remember my wikia account password. So please, tell me if the wikia account will be deleted too —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
- I wouldn't know. That's something you'd ask the admins of Wikia themselves. Also, nothing is necessarily stopping you creating another account. :v
Video Game OlympicsEdit
Hello, my name is Nic and I'm a member of the Wikia Development Team. We are going to be running a Video Game Olympics promotion, where we determine which game characters would be most suited to win certain Olympic events. A character from your wiki has been selected as one of the participants of this promotion. In order to promote this, we would like to add a participant badge to your main page in the top right column. Would you be willing to participate in this promotion? It's totally up to you whether or not you add the badge. Please respond accordingly. Thanks. - Wagnike2 (talk) 17:33, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
In regards to Satsuki's photoEdit
Hi, it's Saides. Unfortunately, I seem to have forgotten my password, and I'm far too lazy to retrieve it, so this will have to suffice. I'm not sure how these talk pages work, so apologies if I do this incorrectly. As for the photo of Satsuki you linked, it was from Issue 9 of the Udon Street Fighter Comics, when Cammy is interrogating Satsuki after she was arrested. I hope this helps. 220.127.116.11 06:37, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
Related Video ModuleEdit
Hey there! I just wanted to let you know about the related video module coming soon to Street Fighter Wiki. Let me know if you have any questions!
(talk) 21:28, August 3, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, how are you doing today? Listen I'm sorry to be the one to give you bad news, but you have an inmature troll on your wiki called John2938, he's caused a lot of trouble on two of my wiki's, and he's already added a lot of gibberish to this one. Just a fair heads up. Casvic (talk) 20:52, August 18, 2012 (UTC)
you know that sprite that comes in the intro of super street fighter 2 of ryu shooting a hadoken at the screen?
Sit Bon Bon Sit! 01:25, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
Why are you undoing my editions? Is there anything personal of yours against what I am doing? I'm contributing to make the SF WIkia pages look like better, not vandalising them! So, I do not understand why do you undo my editions! The Vile (talk) 13:25, August 29, 2012 (UTC)The Vile
- The inclusion of the apostrophe and 's' in the link. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 02:27, August 30, 2012 (UTC)
There was something on the Juri wiki I found questionable, but I thought I'd ask you before editing it. Under her SSFIV storyline, it says: "During the tournament, Juri is confronted by Cammy and Chun-Li, whom she easily defeats again. After humiliating the MI6 and Interpol agents, she leaves them to tend to her hidden agenda."
Not only is there no evidence that Juri actually defeated them for a second time within game, this is worded completely biased, likely by a biased Juri fan. I'd argue it's more likely that Chun-Li and Cammy won in game, since it's their rival match, not Juri's. Regardless, I think this should be taken out. Just thought I'd run it by an administrator first to see their opinion.
18.104.22.168 01:40, September 3, 2012 (UTC)Amai
- Seems you may be right. I'll get on that. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 01:50, September 3, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry, I still didn't caught exactly what you're talking about "linking more than once for a same subject in each article"... thanks if you can give me an example about it! The Vile (talk) 22:19, September 4, 2012 (UTC)
I'll leave him alone here to spare you and this wiki page the drama, but I didn't start it, I was pulled into it by my editors on my sites calling me to ban him, I know you've been there before. Now I'm trying to stop it before he goes to other sites to spare other people his BS. I know it's harsh and mean, but it's better that the kid learn it here then in the real world were it could get his ass kicked, trust me on that. Anyways sorry for the headaches. Casvic (talk) 05:42, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I really don't care who started it at all, I just do not want it here. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 05:43, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
Merging Ultra and Super Combos Edit
I noticed that Gen's Zanei and Zatsuei, Balrog's Crazy/Violent Buffalo etc are written in the same article, since they are practically the same attack. I think we should merge all the Ultras that are essentially the same, but are named differently. Off the bat I can think of Cammy's Gyro-Spin drive smasher, Ultimate Killer Head Ram (Oni Muso Rege), Flash Explosion, especially Sagat's Genocide/Destruction. In SFxT, the movelist says Genocide, but he actually does the Destruction. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Devang.home47 (talk • contribs)
- Honestly, I thnk that'll just make it all the more confusing. First off, the moves seem to be grouped that way not because they're exactly the same (which is untrue), but because they usually have more powerful variants (i.e. Crazy Buffalo and Violent Buffalo as you said). Secondly, the "base" variants have existed for a while before the Ultra Combos did.
I've considered separating them for the sake of convenience to the reader (third reason). I think it would help to make navigation easier for those who aren't exactly well-versed in the intricacies of each move's origin, or are new to Street Fighter lore in general - that is our target audience after all. What do you think? Lord Grammaticus (talk) 15:07, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, man! I'm having some trouble on editing the "input" table in article Tenshokyaku - actually, I didn't manage to write some of the table content correctly! I need a handin' in there! Thanx! The Vile (talk) 19:41, September 6, 2012 (UTC)
Capcom Developer InterviewEdit
Hey Lord Grammaticus! My name is Doug and I'm a member of the Wikia's Community Development Team! To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Street Fighter, we have set up a developer interview with Capcom! A Capcom Developer will answer community-submitted questions here on the site! We are also planning on giving away a copy of the Collector's Set Box to a member on of community to celebrate.
I wanted to ask a few things from you: We were planning on doing a write up about Street Fighter and the last 25 years of fighting game history. Are you interested in filming a video segment of you talking about your connection with Street Fighter? Is it your favorite fighting games series? Who's your main and alternate characters? Any memorable matches? Things like that.
I'd like to ask all of the admins help in gathering questions and filming video segments. I'll go ahead and leave a message on the recently active admin talk pages.
I will be making a blog post to the community to ask for questions. Feel free to add any questions of your own! I know I'll be throwing a few in myself.
Any questions, comments, or concerns, let me know!
I don't know if I understand the rules for factual claims here. It looks like people are assuming they can combine different endings unless they have proof to the contrary. But this rule seems transparently wrong given how Capcom has treated endings in the past. (Ha, I'm not convinced Makoto and Gouken are even there in the main timeline. Evil Ryu certainly isn't.)
Vega/M Bison's article claims that "canonically, Bison is the winner of Seth's World Warrior tournament." How did people arrive at this belief? If we irrationally decide to combine his ending with Juri's, we see him planning to take Seth's fully intact Tanden Engine before Juri interrupts, and then we see her crushing the engine at her leisure. And while I could be missing something, I see no reason to think Guy's ending takes place near S.I.N. headquarters unless he killed Seth. (Guy's storyline seems internally inconsistent unless some such urgent mission took him away from Rose while Vega/MB attacked her.)
Also, a seemingly intelligent source elsewhere claims that V/MB and Shadowlaw are still around at the time of Street Fighter III. His article calls this likely. Why? Is that intended to be a factual statement, or should I see it as more a request of Capcom? Harry Figment (talk) 00:33, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I can't say; I'm not that much of an expert when it comes to the storylines, and I simply haven't had the time to fact check everything (given that the wiki in general needs an overhaul of sorts). I will take a shot at that as soon as this weekend, hopefully. Though, it helps to remember that this wiki isn't the end-all be-all when it comes to Street Fighter. If you see anymore discrepancies of this sort, mention it on the talk page, and feel free to let me know if you wish. I'll address it as soon as possible. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 01:11, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
- 22.214.171.124 07:18, May 22, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't know if I am doing this right, as i dont edit wikis or anything for the most part but...i wanted to say that even though I kind of have no clue as to how the time line works, keep in mind all that there are not only ALL the stand alone games, the mixed genre games, (X-Men vs Street Fighter, Marvel Vs Capcom etc) all of their spin offs, at least one live action movie, at least one more series of cartoons/anime, and possibly others. It is really hard to figure out the timeline in small chunks let alone larger portions. One never knows if any of the medias mentioned above are included either. Heres another animal, Street Fighter II Turbo. Basically exactly the same content as SF II but the bosses are playable now and there is a turbo option...which is questionable at best. Basically this was purley an attempt to milk the series...and it succeeded. I know I had a copy. But gameplay wise and storyline wise it did nothing to add any content. Keep this in mind when you are trying to put it all together and dont beat yourself or other up over it :-)
Videos on this wiki Edit
Hey There - I wanted to just get in touch with you about videos on this wiki. I noticed there are lots of videos here and wanted to ask some feedback on videos on your wiki. Why the community likes to add them? What other types of videos you would like to see? What Wikia has done well? And what else you would like to see in relation to video on Wikia? Thanks in advance! --Sarah (help forum | blog) 22:56, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
Twitch TV Embed Interest?Edit
Hey there Lord Grammaticus,
My name is Jorge and I'm on Wikia's Community Development team. I actually want to reach out to gauge your wiki's potential interest in embedding some Twitch TV content. I'll also contact admin Evilsbane.
To give some background, Wikia is interested in working with Twitch to get some native embeds for interested wikis. Twitch provides live-streaming of games, from simple lets-plays to massive tournaments and competitive events. Embedding could allows users to easily find streaming content or get together to chat about particular events. If the wiki is interested, you could also have you very own wiki channel/group to stream content to users, make your own show, etc. I think any of these could work really well with Street Fighter, particularly to cover pro-matches.
Do you think this is something the Street Fighter wiki community might be interested in? If so, how would you like to use it (home-page embed, its standalone page with just links or an actual embed? something else? Producing your own show? Etc.) Either way, let me know your thoughts by leaving a message on my talk page. Also, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
HOW COME YOU DELETED MY FACTS FOR. KEN IS SIMILAR TO HE MAN. BALROG IS SIMILAR TO MIKE TYSON,BECAUSE OF HIS PUNCHES.I JUST WANT TO BE A STREET FIGHTER FAN AND TYPE THIS STUFF, SO I CAN THANKED AND REMEMBERED.
- In the cases of Ken and Balrog, the trivia was already in the article. Though facial similarities shouldn't be hard to remember, you'll find those tidbits if you look properly. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 22:14, October 4, 2012 (UTC)
126.96.36.199 07:22, May 22, 2013 (UTC)
Not to be mean but proper, unbroken english woulden't hurt either...
I know it would be better to correct it, but I'm a bit nervous about adjusting Bison's personality profile, as I hold such contempt for him (and not just because he's evil) that I'd probably fill it with words such as "idiot," "unoriginal," "stupid," "reckless..." You see where I'm going with this? To me, Bison is a deluded fool who should be laughed at rather than feared or seen as a bad-ass or Magnificent Bastard.Pyromania101 (talk) 06:35, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I rather dislike Juri in terms of character design, but you don't see me shitting up her article. It's a matter of priority - hating a character shouldn't stop people from being constructive when editing. All you have to do is just put the bias to the side temporarily.
- 188.8.131.52 07:26, May 22, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree, I see what you are trying to do. You are trying to be dispassionate, unbiased, and detached, just like a doctor or lawyer would. He is a bad guy though, you can alwys say "In your opinion..." and put it at the end can't you? Am I right?
Background image Edit
Hi Lord Grammaticus. I'm Joe from Wikia. I see that you're the only currently active admin, so I wanted to reach out to you about this minor issue. I noticed that the wiki's background consisted only of a small version of the Street Fighter logo that appeared once in the upper-left corner. With the recent change to the Wikia skin, that logo was being halfway covered by the global header (Wikia logo, 'Start a wiki' button, etc.) which now extends the full width of the browser window. So all you could see was a black background and part of the word "FIGHTER" in the corner. I just uploaded a new background that uses the same logo, but repeating (tiled) and with a very low opacity, so that the background still generally appears black as it has for the last 2+ years. If you'd like me to make a different background, let me know. Keep up the good work! JoePlay (talk) 20:32, October 15, 2012 (UTC)
- No, no, it's fine as is! Thank you so much. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 00:08, October 16, 2012 (UTC)
To tell the truth, I don't employ unicode apostrophes, but they appear after I publish my edition of a page. The reason I use the simple apostrophes is: I still don't understand why it's preferrable to use, for example, Blanka's instead of simply Blanka in an article. Which is the difference (other than the merely grammatical one)? What exactly makes the latter "more appropriate" than the former? Thanks a lot if you could explain me and why of it! The Vile (talk) 00:30, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for letting me share184.108.40.206 08:50, November 6, 2012 (UTC)Bruce Darren Acosta
On the main page, you forgot to change the number article.
P.S. You're kind of like my hero, for inventing this wiki.
- I'm not the creator, but thanks regardless. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 21:54, November 8, 2012 (UTC)
Whole Bunch of Stuff on the Characters Page Edit
1) The Tekken characters were introduced to the Street Fighter franchise as part of Street Fighter x Tekken. The game is part of the Street Fighter franchise (unlike the upcoming Tekken x Street Fighter, which is part of the Tekken franchise), and the characters were incorporated into the overarching Street Fighter plot through videos such as this one.
2) Furthermore, if you want to say the Tekken characters in that game are not Street Fighter characters, you would have to take off all the Final Fight characters and Ingrid since they debuted elsewhere.
3) The way you took care of the "Final Fight thing" didn't really fix anything as it left an error message at the bottom of the page since that page doesn't support footnotes.
- Thank you for brining this up.
- It's a crossover; two completely different series of games interact. Every crossover has some semblance of a story, usually seperate from each of the main series' plots; that doesn't mean either series' characters are a part of the other series.
- The Tekken characters haven't made any appearances outside of the crossovers, while the Final Fight cast was woven into the events of the main Street Fighter series, and have made more than one appearance.
- That was a mental oversight more than anything; I forgot to add the references section, which is easily remedied.
I'll give the first two points a good thinkover and figure out what we can do regarding that. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 06:24, November 10, 2012 (UTC)
Are you looking for confirmation of the Super Street Fighter II birth years? Edit
I noticed a user was posting birth years for the Super Street Fighter II characters. It looked like you wanted confirmation of a source for said birth years.
I looked up/found this stuff on GiantBomb. It seems to be Bios/Profiles of the Street Fighter II Special Championship Edition characters! I haven't found the Cammy, Dee Jay, Fei Long and T.Hawk Bios/Profiles but I know they do exist. I remember them. They looked just like this too! These Bios/Profiles would show up in a Attract screen-kind of way!
I assume you might need to speak to the GiantBomb people or something if you need permission. I really don't know, lol. I found these images typing "(insert character here) birthdate giantbomb", clicked Enter and hit Google Images and they were there!
Hey, I just found this video on YouTube concerning the birthdates of the Super Street Fighter II characters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNm0u3KGRAo
It also has Cammy, Dee Jay, Fei Long and T.Hawk's birthdates!
I need helping the Capcom vs. SNK 2 page, relating with the sprites.
Adon's aligment Edit
Hello mister, sorry to bother you but you know that Adon is a antagonist do you? Because he is a complete psycho, during his second ultra combo "Jaguar avalanche" he laughts like a maniac when he is inflicting pain on his oponents, oh and he also wants to kill his own master Sagat, that is realy evil dont you agree? Tesshu (talk) 05:58, December 12, 2012 (UTC)
- It's not really a matter of evil so much as it is how they relate to other characters. And thinking about it all, he is enough of a self-centered jerk to be considered an antagonist, though on a neutral basis. Thanks for bringing it up. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 04:10, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the welcome I am really getiing into adding imformation about Damnd as he was acharacter I liked. I guess it was with that cackling laughter and the fact he was easily beatable i suppose
Hey Grammaticus I have spent some time editing the Abigail page and adding new pictures. However when editing the appearance and history i forgot to log in DOH! So that was me as well as the pictures
Hello! I just made my first edit! I have no idea if I did this right or not. Edit
I edited Juli's page, under Other Appearances. I specifically changed the line from "I...am...Juli...a...Hawk?" to "I...am...Juli...a? Hawk..." because of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m87oq0aT-k8 I changed the line because at 0:39, it mentions her name, the question mark and then Hawk. I know it's a very small minor edit but it was bothering me for a very long time. I hope I did it right. I did click Minor Edit. If I completely messed that up, then just change it back. No harm, no foul. I'm not sure if I will keep editing. I'm still very inexperienced, so this might be a one-off. I don't know.
I'm very sorry for taking up your time, LordGrammaticus!
Hey, here is the link to the Rufus 3D art work designs. http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2008/nov/25/new-street-fighter-4-screens-and-concept-art/
Eventhubs is a reliable site, and they pulled these images out of a very old SF4 blog post.
- Right on, that's all I needed. Thank you. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 15:58, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
Re: The DollsEdit
Hallo, I've just made a little modifications on The Dolls' page: it's only a minor one, regarding the pronunciation of the word Maggio (Aprile's brother): that "I" after the two "G"s must not be pronunced. I'm Italian native speaker, I hope you appreciate this little correction ;) ciao! (<--- this too! it's cha-o, not chee-ao :D) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
- Nothing wrong with that, we could use more foreign language speakers on this wiki. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 20:45, January 15, 2013 (UTC)
Inappropriate video Edit
Hi, I'm new to this wiki. I noticed this video and I thought I would report it to the administrator that seems the most active. Thanks in advance for deleting it. Chef Chicken (talk) 21:12, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for alerting me; the offending user has been banned, and the video has been removed. Please contact me again if you find any other such content here. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 00:07, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
Juri Win Quote vs. Evil RyuEdit
thanks for the help on the quotes for Evil Ryu and Akuma's. And I was just wondering, what's Juri's win quote vs. Evil Ryu look like if she defeats the latter in arcade mode? I haven't found it in fenixware.net, all i can found there is her win quote vs. Oni only when she fights a secret boss? If you have any knowledge of this, let me know. Pat141elite (talk) 01:36, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
Start at 1:10
Somebody is posting nude pics of Blair DameEdit
- The user has been banned; as for the pictured, they were removed from the article already, and I have deleted them. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 19:24, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
thanks for helping with the Hado Kakusei page, and misc.Edit
thanks for your help editing with the Hado Kakusei page. now, i need some help for the info about Dan's Otoko Michi. And, I have been busy with my crossover fanfiction for Street Fighter and My-HiME, should I post on my user blog its all of its info and chapters? Pat141elite (talk) 00:14, March 23, 2013 (UTC)
- That's funny, I've been seeing your story on tumblr's Street Fighter tag. Guess that explains that.
Anyway, you're welcome. I don't know much about the move itself, but I'll look up what I can and see if I can't make an article out of it. As for your story, that's entirely up to you! Lord Grammaticus (talk) 16:27, March 23, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks. And I'm beginning to post informations of the story such as confirmed characters (see my user blogs), terminology, and then lists of equipments (for SF characters, like C. Viper's battle suit), HiME's Elements and Childs soon. And what I have something in mind. In the story, a HiME's Child has weaknesses to some special attacks from SF characters, for example Natsuki's Child, Duran is weak to Ryu's special attacks, and for Kagutsuchi, Mai's Child is vulnerable to anti-air attacks such as Flash Kicks, or even Tiger Uppercuts. To make the story more significant, I also added bad guys such as Bison, at the same time he is the main villain of the story other than the Obsidian Prince and Oni. Pat141elite (talk) 04:10, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
Remove Claw/Mask Edit
Dude, why are you so stubborn?
The falling claw and mask ONLY gravitates toward the center of the stage. "If close to the opponent, the claw falls behind Vega, but if far from the opponent, it falls in front of him." That's incorrect. You can have the opponent close to Vega, and if the opponent is in between Vega and the center of the stage, the claw/mask will fall in front of Vega. And vice versa.
Why do you choose to leave out the exact stat changes of Remove Mask? This is a wiki. It should be the source of such specific information.
Plus, why leave out ACTUAL tactics in the tactics section?
It's clear to me you are not familiar with mechanics of Remove Claw/Mask. Which is fine. But don't screw up the edits of someone that does know what he's talking about. General Awesomo 20:00, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
- There's no need to be so belligerent. What I was reversing was a formatting error on your part - namely the conversion of links, the appearance of <p> tags, etc. - though I doubt this is intentional on your part, and may have something to do with the computer you're using. I'm not sure really.
- However, do understand that I didn't notice the additional changes made, and I am working to preserve those. Thank you. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 20:07, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Also, keep in mind that you'll want to approach future situations like this with much less vitriol; it does you no good if you can't at least remain civil. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 20:14, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, sorry about that. It's happened more than once, so I was sure you had something against my edits.
- To this day some folks are still confused about Remove Claw/Mask. I just wanted to clear things up.
- Have a nice day. General Awesomo 20:19, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Understood. Same to you as well. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 20:21, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
article for the Satsui no Hado is being subjected with numerous vandalismsEdit
dude, could you ask the other admins of the SF wiki to please lock the article for the Satsui no Hadou. For some reasons it has been subjected with vandalisms by anonymus contributors. just like in the known victims section, for Shun's case instead of "Falls victim to it and dies during the events of Street Fighter Alpha: The Animation.", it became "murdered by Evil Ryu.". Though it wasn't Evil Ryu who killed Shun in the SFA Animation, I've recently undid this edit from an anonymus user earlier this afternoon. Pat141elite (talk) 11:52, April 5, 2013 (UTC)
- The edits aren't vandalism, but they're generally low-quality. I'll get on that. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 23:13, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
i was just wondering, should we also create articles for the individual meteor combos from the EX series, for example starting with Kairi's Shouki Hatsudou. I have took some screenshots of the meteor combos while I played SFEX2+ on my PSX emulator. what's your decision? 18.104.22.168 00:41, April 8, 2013 (UTC)
- NOTE: sorry i forgot to log-in. it was me who wrote the message as an anonymus user (22.214.171.124) Pat141elite (talk) 00:45, April 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Of course, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 00:53, April 8, 2013 (UTC)
I've been working a lot of articles latelyEdit
dude, i've been working a lot of articles lately, such as the first two meteor combos i found the EX series (Hokuto and V. Rosso's), as well as one of Ken's specials in the CvS series. if you have any information about any of the meteor combos, let me know. because by the next few weeks i'll be busy and i can't be updated with the edits. Pat141elite (talk) 12:48, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
That stubborn AWCEdit
I just want to warn you guys about a stubborn annoying AWC (his number code usually starts with sixty something; 66, 67, 69, 68, etc.) who is known for adding useless, unnecessary or incorrect stuff at the SF characters pages at Capcom Database.
For example, before Ingrid's CD page got locked, he keep writing that Ryu is Ingrid's descendant like its was a confirmed fact when its really just speculation. He never replies to anything and when you try to talk with him on the Talk page he is just likely to erase the whole message instead of responding. This is the same AWC (126.96.36.199) who just added the villians categories to Oni and Urien.
188.8.131.52 05:41, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
- You're late on that. The only reason he's doing that there is because I wouldn't allow it here, meaning that I'm technically responsible (Though they may have been doing that before they came here.). Either way, sorry about that.
- At any rate, I'm sure they'll be dealt with quickly. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 06:07, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Since I've seen that situation earlier about adding Urien and Oni as villains. to be true, Urien is no villain, but his nature is somewhat like that. Come to think of it he is considered to be an "anti-villain", as his profile shows about his dislike for Gill, much more of a "Evil vs. Evil" theory. And as for Oni, who is entirely pure evil, whether be good or bad, he exterminates them, if I guess it right.
- So, is it safe to remove the villains categories on Urien and Oni added by the AWC? Pat141elite (talk) 06:10, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't have much jurisdiction over at CD, so it's not really up to me.
- If you want my input anyway, though, I'd remove it on the basis of being too black-and-white about things. That, and I'm the reason that category exists in the first place, but I realized after the fact that it feels... arbitrary. Like, the readers can read the article to learn their alignment and role in other people's stories/the story overall. Not sure if this helps, but here you go. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 06:16, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
somebody's disrespecting my blogEdit
sorry to bother you again, but dude, can you do something with this user. she just posted a video about rocko's modern life to my blog about my crossover story. when i saw it, this is just disrespectful. and i cannot remove the video she posted on my comments. Pat141elite (talk) 11:51, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
- While I've taken care of things, I'd like to take this opportunity to warn you: Even if a user is in clear violation of wiki rules, you must remain civil with them. Calling them stupid or any other sort of name may only worsen the situation. I understand you dislike spam as much as any other person, but keep in mind how you react to them. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 17:53, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
- sorry if i overdone my reaction towards that user. thanks for the warning for i'm already aware of it. Pat141elite (talk) 22:55, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
- ...and i'm glad that the user posted a video on my blog was removed. thank you again. and before i forget, and you are not so going to believe this, my crossover story has its first review. Pat141elite (talk) 02:06, April 16, 2013 (UTC)
SSF4AE Characters Win Quotes vs. Evil RyuEdit
seems I only found win quotes of many characters should they beat Evil Ryu other than those seen in fenixware.net (i.e., Rose, Ryu, Guy, Sakura, Ken, E. Honda, Zangief). However, I've come to found at least three win quotes of character vs. Evil Ryu, when I played as the said character and I intentionally lost to Bison, C. Viper, Gen, as well as Gouken. Here are the following quotes:
- Bison: "To keep such power for yourself. No matter, your body is now mine!"
- C. Viper: "Never underestimate the power of a mother!"
- Gen: "You are nothing but a slave of that false power you desire."
- Gouken: "Do not give in to this power, Ryu!"
however, i'm trying in vain to find characters' win quotes vs. Evil Ryu. but if only i'm gonna need some help with this one. such as Chun-Li's win quote against the latter. Pat141elite (talk) 16:09, April 27, 2013 (UTC)
- You found something, at least. I'll see if Google can provide anything. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 16:12, April 27, 2013 (UTC)
- if you found any results, let me know. starting by tomorrow or any other way around, i'll create quote subpages for C. Viper and Gen. Pat141elite (talk) 16:13, April 27, 2013 (UTC)
and I almost forgot, a concerned AWC wants to report this AWC goes by this serial 184.108.40.206, he puts the details on Juri's page way too long (in other words, somewhat of a low quality edit). and another user who just recently added Juri to the villains category. I undid his work, and inform him that before adding her to that category, he must know her character alignment first. Pat141elite (talk) 15:45, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
some AWC posted something about the "Koryu hack"Edit
dude, sorry to disturb you, but another AWC 220.127.116.11 created a new article so called Sho-Hadoken that a Hadoken coming from a Shoryuken. i manage to place a candidate for deletion on the article he made. is this said move irrelevant? Pat141elite (talk) 14:06, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
- It's not a matter of relevance in this case: we avoid posting any information about mods unless they reveal something. An example would be the hack that revealed sprites of Karin next to Dan in the Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter ROM, indicating that she would've been playable (with a different appearance to boot).
- "Custom" moves have little place here, so thank you for bringing this up.
more character win quote vs. Evil RyuEdit
sorry to disturb you, I recently played SSFIV:AE earlier this morning after class, while playing Evil Ryu, I have found at least four win quotes from characters which I intentionally lost to. here are the following:
- Chun-Li: You can't be Ryu, can you? But you look exactly like him...
- T. Hawk: True strength does not mean to forgo your humanity.
- Dee Jay: Just relax and take it easy!
- Sagat: I am so disappointed, Ryu! Is this the power you so desired!?
As for Sagat's case, I played him in Arcade Mode by getting one perfect and beat Seth with an Ultra, and Evil Ryu appeared. I managed to defeat him, however. Pat141elite (talk) 08:08, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- before I forget, I put already Sagat's win quote vs. Evil Ryu to his quote subpage. Pat141elite (talk) 08:11, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
Concept Art source Edit
The link of the source material with the large jpg scans is from this site:
The concept art originated from a japanese booklet in the black and white section, Blue Print: Making of Street Fighter II from the Complete File: Street Fighter II. Its very rare so its really hard to find a copy. More info here:
BTW, can you delete this pic for me since its just extra and its not needed:
deleting the Villains categoryEdit
AWC's been miscategorizing some articlesEdit
dude, some renegade AWC (18.104.22.168) has been toying around by miscategorizing some of the wiki's artcles (i.e., Sonic Boom Typhoon categorized as Capcom vs. SNK characters). i managed to clean up his act. should this AWC be blocked? what he did is rampant. Pat141elite (talk) 08:18, May 17, 2013 (UTC)