|This article may or may not be a stub, but it's definitely missing something.|
Specifically: Expand and format to match the rest of the character articles.
You can help the Street Fighter Wiki by giving us what we need.
Vulcano Rosso (ヴルカーノ・ロッソ Vurukāno Rosso?), also known as V. Rosso, is a character from the Street Fighter EX series. Vulcano first appears as a playable character, along with Area, in Street Fighter EX2 Plus. His name is the literal Italian for "red volcano".
Vulcano Rosso wears black gloves with a zipped up suit that is orange, black and white, along with a red turtleneck jumper, his outfit resembling the colors of a volcano. His hairstyle is similar to Charlie Nash's, his hair is black with white streaks mixed in.
In Street Fighter V, his appearance remains largely the same, only his jumper is now a reddish shade of magenta.
Not much is known about Rosso's personality. He is a calm and confident person, but a raging but wounded soul is lying behind. Ever since his lover was killed, his only thought has been revenge.
A rather mysterious combatant, Vulcano Rosso is a fighter born in Italy, and he lives on a base somewhere located on the Mediterranean Sea. Since his beloved girlfriend was killed, he swore to avenge her. Looking for the one responsible for her death, the traces indicate that Shadaloo was involved. Knowing that, Vulcano left his base to take revenge on his girlfriend's killer, and he fought all the way to find the leader of the corporation, M. Bison. They had a tough fight where Vulcano Rosso won. Having his revenge accomplished, he returned to his base after a long absence. As he watched a flock of sea gulls playing in the southern wind, he suddenly felt an ovewhelming sense of regret for all the pressure and pain he has caused. He thinks to himself "Adios..." (given that "Adios" means goodbye in Spanish, this may imply that he commits suicide, but it is never confirmed).
Vulcano has the ability to create violent and dangerous attacks that utilize lava and volcanic eruptions. Is seen that some of his attacks has kickboxing and karate elements on it since he combines high flying kicks with grabs and punches, his special attack "Vulcanus" has a slightly resemblance to Terry Bogard's Power Wave from Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters.
Rosso's gameplay is based on brutally fast and long combo burning attacks. If the character is well used he can drain all the enemy's vitality gauge in a single combo.
- Vesuvius: Two punches followed with a dropkick that sends the opponent away.
- Vulcanus: A wave vertical short-ranged fire.
- Canossa: Rosso adopts a defensive position. If the opponent hits him, Rosso counters with a key.
- Sciara del Fuoco: Rosso moves very quickly from side to side of the opponent.
- Bridge of Sighs: Violent four combo punches, followed by Rosso hopping on one knee and stomping on the opponent's face to make him fall.
- Torre pendente di Pisa: Rosso raises a lava column diagonally, sending burning rival far enough.
- Terra di Achele: Rosso does series of kicks and punches while advancing forward.
- Quattro Panorami: Brutal attack in which Rosso grabs the enemy, and after hitting him in the stomach, he lets him fall to the ground. He stomps on his head, turns and finishes him off with a column of lava followed by a kick.
- Some of Vulcano Rosso's skills are similar to Iori Yagami's techniques in SNK's The King of Fighters series.
- One of his win animations resembles Vega's pre-fight animation in Street Fighter V before facing his opponent.
|Street Fighter EX Characters|
|EX||Original|| Akuma · Allen · Blair · Chun-Li · C. Jack · Darun · D. Dark · Guile|
Hokuto · Kairi · Ken · Pullum · Ryu · Skullomania · Zangief
|Plus||Bloody Hokuto · Cycloid-β · Cycloid-γ · Evil Ryu · Garuda · M. Bison|
|Plus α||Dhalsim · Sakura|
|EX2||Original||Blanka · Hayate · Nanase · Shadowgeist · Sharon · Vega|
|Plus||Area · Sagat · V. Rosso|
|EX3||Ace · Bison II|
|CPU Only||Shin-Bison · Cycloids · Zako|