Vulcano Rosso (ヴルカーノ・ロッソ Vurukāno Rosso?), also known as V. Rosso, is a video game character from the Street Fighter EX series, first appearing in Street Fighter EX2 Plus. He is a mysterious Italian fighter seeking revenge for the murder of his lover.
Vulcano Rosso wears black gloves with a zipped up suit that is orange, black and white, along with a red turtleneck jumper, his outfit resembling the colors of a volcano. His hairstyle is similar to Charlie Nash's, his hair is black with white streaks mixed in.
In his Shadaloo Combat Research Institute profile artwork, his appearance remains largely the same, his jumper is now a reddish shade of magenta.
In Fighting EX Layer, his outfit has minor changes, his red turtleneck becomes a midriff and no longer shows as a jumper and he gains a yellow tie on his neck, his zip-up suit is modified with the pallete of black, orange, white and green as the buckles in each sides are now gold and shows a red and brown inline palletes on his front and waistline of his pants within his zip-up suit showing his abs.
Not much is known about Rosso's personality. He is a calm and confident person, but a raging but wounded soul is lying behind. Since the death of his lover, he has had a great desire for revenge.
Vulcano Rosso's design is most likely a reference to the manga series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- His design is quite outlandish (like many other characters in the JoJo series), featuring a strange hairstyle, and a costume with many zippers, similar to Bruno Bucciarati's clothes.
- It can also be argued that one of his victory stances is a strong reference to JoJo, since many of the characters are known to do poses when they reach the highlight of a chapter.
- Many of his moves may be a reference to famous actions done by characters in JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, including (but not limited to):
- His grab, Digestivo is most likely a reference to DIO's gut punch to Noriaki Kakyoin.
- His full-bar Super, "Quattro Panorama", is most likely a reference to DIO's battle with Jotaro Kujo, with moves like stomping repeatedly while saying "Muda" (useless), and ending it with an explosive "Torre Pendente", like DIO's iconic "Road Roller".
Street fighter EX seriesEdit
A rather mysterious combatant, Vulcano Rosso is a dandy fighter born in Italy who lives on a base located somewhere on the Mediterranean Sea. Rosso was a member of a mysterious organization trying to take over Europe, but left after his lover was killed by a traitorous member. Her death caused him to develop a burning desire for revenge, it being his primary motivation for fighting.
Street Fighter EX3 Edit
In his Street Fighter EX3 ending, Rosso returns to his base after a long absence. As he watches a flock of seagulls playing in the southern wind, he suddenly feels an overwhelming sense of regret for all the pressure and pain he has caused. He thinks to himself, "...Adios" (goodbye in Spanish).
Vulcano Rosso had a brief teaser in June 10, 2018 as the first DLC character to appear as a playable character. He was briefly teased once again in the last part of another trailer on July 8, 2018. He alongside Pullum Purna will be free as playable characters in the upcoming EVO 2018.
Vulcano Rosso was also mentioned in Cracker Jack's profile who is now a graduated junior lieutenant from the organization that Jack had silently left in a hot pursuit and is currently gone into hiding in America.
After graduating from the organization and prefer to start a new life as a detective for hire, he is hired by Blair Dame to find Jack before the organization does.
Vulcano's fighting style is labeled as Self-Taught Martial Arts which he incorporates both Kickboxing and Jeet Kune Do, specifically in his use of combining high-flying kicks with grabs and punches.
Vulcano's punches and kicks are shown to be damaging as his special attacks and his projectiles involves him to use a fire matter that resembles a volcanic eruption or a lava column that he forms to burn his opponent serving as both his Super Combo and a Meteor Combo.
Vulcano's Super Combos as explained below involves the use of his fire elemental matter which serves as his projectile. His first Super Combo is the Bridge of Sighs where Vulcano brutally punches his opponent four times while hopping on one knee and stomping on the opponent's face to make him/her fall. His second Super Combo is the Torre pendente di Pisa Vulcano, which raises a lava column diagonally, sending his burning opponent in a farther distance. His third Super Combo is the Terra di Achele where Vulcano utilizes a series of kicks and punches while advancing forward. His Meteor Combo is the Quattro Panorami where Vulcano grabs the enemy, and after hitting them in the stomach, he lets them fall to the ground. He stomps on the opponent's head, turns and finishes them off with a column of lava on his opponent's head.
- His special attack, Vesuvius, is named after the dangerous active volcano of the same name in Italy.
- Additionally, the name of his moves comes from cities in Italy.
- One of his win animations is similar to Vega's pre-fight animation in Street Fighter V.
- Vulcano shares a few things in common with Marco Rossi from SNK's Metal Slug, they both are Italian, have similar hairstyles and their last names both have "Ross" in it.
- His Japanese voice actor Jin Yamanoi also voices Rolento in Street Fighter X Tekken and Ultra Street Fighter IV.
|Street Fighter EX Characters|
|EX||Original|| Akuma · Allen · Blair · Chun-Li · C. Jack · Darun · D. Dark · Guile|
Hokuto · Kairi · Ken · Pullum · Ryu · Skullomania · Zangief
|Plus||Bloody Hokuto · Cycloid-β · Cycloid-γ · Evil Ryu · Garuda · M. Bison|
|Plus α||Dhalsim · Sakura|
|EX2||Original||Blanka · Hayate · Nanase · Shadowgeist · Sharon · Vega|
|Plus||Area · Sagat · V. Rosso|
|EX3||Ace · Bison II|
|CPU Only||Shin-Bison · Cycloids · Zako|