Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vulcano Rosso (ヴルカーノ・ロッソ Vurukāno Rosso?), also known as V. Rosso, is a character from the Street Fighter EX series. Vulcano first appears as a playable character, along with Area, in Street Fighter EX2 Plus. His name is the literal Italian for "red volcano".
Vulcano Rosso wears black gloves with a zipped up suit that is orange, black and white, along with a red turtleneck jumper, his outfit resembling the colors of a volcano. His hairstyle is similar to Charlie Nash's, his hair is black with white streaks mixed in.
In his Street Fighter V artwork, his appearance remains largely the same, his jumper is now a reddish shade of magenta.
Not much is known about Rosso's personality. He is a calm and confident person, but a raging but wounded soul is lying behind. Since the death of his lover, he has had a great desire for revenge.
Street Fighter VEdit
A rather mysterious combatant, Vulcano Rosso is a dandy fighter born in Italy who lives on a base located somewhere on the Mediterranean Sea. Rosso was a member of a mysterious organization trying to take over Europe, but left after his lover was killed by a traitorous member. Her death caused him to develop a burning desire for revenge, it being his primary motivation for fighting.
In his Street Fighter EX3 ending, Rosso returns to his base after a long absence. As he watches a flock of seagulls playing in the southern wind, he suddenly feels an overwhelming sense of regret for all the pressure and pain he has caused. He thinks to himself, "...Adios" (given that "Adios" means goodbye in Spanish, this may imply that he commits suicide, but his fate is left ambiguous).
Vulcano has the ability to create violent and dangerous attacks that utilize lava and volcanic eruptions. Several of his attacks incorporate kickboxing and karate moves, specifically in his use of combining high-flying kicks with grabs and punches.
Rosso's gameplay is based on brutally fast and long combo burning attacks.
- Vesuvius: Two punches followed with a dropkick that sends the opponent away.
- Vulcanus: A wave vertical short-ranged fire.
- Canossa: Rosso adopts a defensive position. If the opponent hits him, Rosso counters with a key.
- Sciara del Fuoco: Rosso moves very quickly from side to side of the opponent.
- Bridge of Sighs: Violent four combo punches, followed by Rosso hopping on one knee and stomping on the opponent's face to make him fall.
- Torre pendente di Pisa: Rosso raises a lava column diagonally, sending burning rival far enough.
- Terra di Achele: Rosso does series of kicks and punches while advancing forward.
- Quattro Panorami: Brutal attack in which Rosso grabs the enemy, and after hitting him in the stomach, he lets him fall to the ground. He stomps on his head, turns and finishes him off with a column of lava followed by a kick.
- His special attack, Vesuvius, is named after the dangerous active volcano of the same name in Italy.
- Vulcano bears a resemblance to Maxi, a character from the Soul Calibur series.
- One of his win animations is similar to Vega's pre-fight animation in Street Fighter V.
- Vulcano shares some things in common with Marco Rossi from SNK's Metal Slug, they both are Italian, have similar hairstyles and their last names has "Ross" on it.
|Street Fighter EX Characters|
|EX||Original|| Akuma · Allen · Blair · Chun-Li · C. Jack · Darun · D. Dark · Guile|
Hokuto · Kairi · Ken · Pullum · Ryu · Skullomania · Zangief
|Plus||Bloody Hokuto · Cycloid-β · Cycloid-γ · Evil Ryu · Garuda · M. Bison|
|Plus α||Dhalsim · Sakura|
|EX2||Original||Blanka · Hayate · Nanase · Shadowgeist · Sharon · Vega|
|Plus||Area · Sagat · V. Rosso|
|EX3||Ace · Bison II|
|CPU Only||Shin-Bison · Cycloids · Zako|