Yang, as he appears in Super Street Fighter IV
|Birthplace||Hong Kong, China |
|Height||5'8" (173 cm) |
|Weight||136 lbs (62 kg) |
|Blood type||B |
|Fighting style||Chinese Kenpo (fist-based eight-pole)|
|Likes||His older, twin brother Yun, Chun Li (Influence) and cinema |
|Dislikes||Impatient people, smelly tofu |
|Rival(s)||Yun (Friendly), Chun Li (Friendly), Sean, Ryu|
|Hobbies||Inline skating, petting cats |
|Moveset||Senkyutai, Tourouzan, Byakko Soshoda, Zenpou Tenshin, Kaihou, Seiei Enbu, Raishin Mahhaken, Tenshin Senkyutai|
|First game||Street Fighter III|
|English voice actor(s)||Ted Sroka (Street Fighter IV (in Chun-Li's intro), Johnny Yong Bosch (Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition)|
|Japanese voice actor(s)||Wataru Takagi (Street Fighter III: New Generation and 2nd Impact), Masakazu Suzuki (Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition)|
- "Let's get this started!"
In New Generation, Yang is selectable only as a "palette swap" of his older brother Yun. In the later games, Yang is a separate character with his own unique set of special attacks and Super Arts. He is also a playable character in the arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV.
Having started off as a simple head swap of his brother,Yang's appearance is similar to that of his brother in many aspects. Like his brother he wears a sleeveless kung fu shirt with a black and yellow trim, only his is red instead of white. On his arms he wears yellow wristbands which continue to form fingerless gloves, and on his legs he wears black (sometimes dark blue) pants and sneakers on his feet. Unlike his brother, however, he does not wear a cap; instead he sports a rather distinctive hairstyle, with incredibly long and jagged bangs which protrude quite some distance from his forehead. Yang is seen riding on his rollerskates when not fighting.
Yang is the far less cockier of the two Lee brothers, with a slightly less energetic and extroverted demeanour. Like Yun, he is a fan of the movies, and when he encounters Fei Long in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, in his win quote he asks if he is "The real Fei Long" and then proclaims that he's going to tell Yun about meeting him.
While having been separated from their parents at birth, they are the honored twins of a certain neighborhood of Hong Kong, and are the beneficiaries of eight noteworthy and influential leaders of Hong Kong's underworld who support them as their godparents.
While growing up, they were raised by their herbalist and acupuncturist grandfather, who also taught them the arts of Chinese Kung Fu.
While they own the restaurant, they are also active in their communities, helping maintain the peace and settling disputes.
With his twin brother Yun, he followed Chun-Li on her mission to take down S.I.N., with the pair thinking that anything Chun-Li considers worth fighting must be an interesting challenge. He also uses this opportunity to test his skills against other fighters besides Yun and his uncles. After the adventure, Yun and Yang get into trouble because they wandered off without telling any of their uncles. As they get dealt their punishment, Yang runs into Chun-Li. Yang thanks her, stating he would not have fought such strong opponents had it not been for her influence. The siblings bid her farewell and hope to see her again someday.
Street Fighter III seriesEdit
Yang, along with Yun, entered the third World Warrior tournament to show their skills. They later found and fought Gill, who appreciated their effort and granted them leadership of their town. They passionately turned down his offer, since they only fought him to stop his maniacal plans.
In the portable versions of Street Fighter Alpha 3, Yang and his twin brother Yun are searching around the world for the legendary movie star Fei Long, so they could become famous movie stars. They have a run-in with Dee Jay, who by chance is known to associate with Fei Long, and so Yun fought him and won. Yun heard rumors of Fei-Long working with Shadaloo, but Dee Jay claims they were false, knowing Fei Long was no crook. With Dee Jay's help, they finally find Fei Long and fight him to know the truth.
After the Lee Brothers won, Fei Long told Yun and Yang that he had simply infiltrated Shadaloo to get closer to their evil leader, M. Bison. The Lee Brothers decided to help Fei Long in order to save the world from Shadaloo. Unfortunately, the Lee Brothers and Fei Long were then caught by Shadaloo. They successfully escaped, and began to work their way to Bison. Fei Long let Yun finish off the rest of Shadaloo's Dolls, while he finds and fights Bison. Yun finds Fei Long defeated at Bison's feet. Bison asks the Lee Brothers to join him and Shadaloo, but they refuse. And so, they fight, and with the help of Fei Long, the Lee Brothers are victorious. Fei Long thanks them, and in return the Lee brothers got their wish to become movie stars and starred in their own movie Street King 2: Three Dragons.
Yang's techniques were in the beginning identical to Yun in New Generation, but since 2nd Impact, he has received his own moveset, differentiating from his brother in playstyle.
His techniques are Tourouzan, a slashing move similar to Fei Long's Rekkaken; Senkyutai, a kick which (depending on the button) can strike immediately or roll towards the opponent before hitting; Byakko Soshoda, a double palmstrike at the opponent; and Kaihou, a command dash. He does still share Zenpou Tenshin with Yun, a command grab similar to Fei Long's.
His Super Arts in 3rd Strike are Raishin Mahhaken, Tenshin Senkyutai, and Seiei Enbu; as with many characters introduced in SFIII, they would return as Ultra Combos in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (with Seiei Enbu as the Super Combo).
- Yang and Yun both have striking similarities to two characters from the anime Gundam Wing - Duo Maxwell for Yun, who sports a ballcap and wears his hair in a long braid - and Trowa Barton for Yang, an acrobat with incredibly long and jagged bangs.
- He appears in Chun-Li's opening movie in Street Fighter IV with Yun. The twins also make a brief appearance in her Super Street Fighter IV ending. The duo would later become playable in the arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV.
- Yang's Senkyutai attack is similar to Lee's old rising kick attack; in fact, the short version performs the move exactly without Yang's startup roll.
- Yang is one of the eleven playable Street Fighter characters who are in a romantic relationship or are married.
- Yang is much more reserved and level-headed in comparison to his hotheaded twin, though he is just as confident in his skills. To note to this difference in personality, his remix of their theme in Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is more calm and pleasant sounding in its beat.
- Yun and Yang's theme in all of the Street Fighter III games bear a resemblance to the James Bond theme. The version in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike sounds the most similar.
- In the CPS3 Version of Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, sometimes Yang's Tenshin Senkyutai Super Art glitches; the name becomes Magnetic Storm, though when selected, it is still Tenshin Senkyutai.
- Yang appears as an opponent in the Street Fighter III: Ryu Final manga. Though he initially served as more of a challenge to Ryu than his brother due to his faster, unpredictable moves, his blows lacked physical power and he was defeated as well. He was last seen recovering from his wounds with Yun.
- Yang makes a brief appearance in the Half Pipe stage in Street Fighter X Tekken, seen in the background.
Stage ThemeEditStreet Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - Crowded Street (Theme of Yun and Yang Remix)(04:14)
4 views Street Fighter lll - Yun and Yang's Theme (Looped)(10:00)
4 views Street Fighter III 2nd Impact (Yang's Theme Extened) (HD) 1997(09:44)
2 views Yang & Yun's Theme - Crowded Street SF III.3(03:38)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/yang.html
- ↑ http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/10/rumor-ingrid-super-street-fighter-4-arcade/
|Street Fighter III Characters|
|Akuma (Shin) – Alex – Chun-Li – Dudley – Elena – Gill – Hugo – Ibuki – Ken – Makoto – Necro – Oro – Q – Remy – Ryu – Sean – Twelve – Urien – Yang – Yun|
|Street Fighter IV Characters|
|Abel – Adon – Akuma – Balrog – Blanka – Cammy – Chun-Li – Cody – C. Viper – Dan – Dee Jay – Dhalsim – Dudley – E. Honda – Elena – El Fuerte – Evil Ryu – Fei Long – Gen – Gouken – Guile – Guy – Hakan – Hugo – Ibuki – Juri – Ken – M. Bison – Makoto – Oni – Poison – Rolento – Rose – Rufus – Ryu – Sagat – Sakura – Seth – T. Hawk – Vega – Yang – Yun – Zangief|