Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yoshinori Ono (小野義徳 Ono Yoshinori?) is a Japanese video game producer for Capcom. Regarded as the driving force behind Street Fighter since its revival with Street Fighter IV in 2008, Ono is a minor celebrity for the fighting game community.
According to Ono, in junior school he would visit a large bookstore to read about programming. In high school, however, he decided to get into music and learned the keyboard. In university, he studied Architectural Mechanics in order to have access to a faculty with a supercomputer. He learned the guitar and began to specialize in 3D fluid rendering, to the point where his mentor said he could postgraduate work.
Instead, he responded to a job advertisement as a composer with Capcom, as he was familiar with the company from playing Final Fight in arcades, sending in a demo tape of himself on the guitar. He was called in for interview and hired the next day. His job consisted of manually programming music in binary, with his first project being 1993's Muscle Bomber, known overseas as Saturday Night Slam Masters. He then worked on ports of Super Street Fighter II X and Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams. 
His transition to a management role came about the time he was working on the Street Fighter III series, where he did human resources management in addition to his regular duties. However after 3rd Strike, the series was seen as "dead" and it wasn't until Ono's promotion to producer and his grassroots campaign to get public demand up that a small budget for R&D was allocated for a prototype for Street Fighter IV.
Since the success of Street Fighter IV and its updates, Ono has been viewed as the godfather of the series and he continues to promote it and drive demand.
Ono is regarded by much of the fanbase as a "troll", although whether this is perceived as endearing or not is a matter of some debate. Ono, for his part, has said that "as long as nobody stabs me I am happy to receive criticism".
He is visually associated with the character Blanka, as Ono has an old Blanka toy that he brings with him seemingly everywhere. Ono places the toy in the foreground of most (if not all) on-location photos that he tweets. According to his Twitter, Ono obtained this toy, along with a few extra, from the hamburguer restaurant Jollibee's Kids Meal set in the Philippines (similar to the Happy Meals from McDonald's). Currently one of them is broken, and Ono keeps the other close to him.
- 1993 : Saturday Night Slam Masters - sound programmer
- 1995 : Street Fighter Alpha - sound programmer
- 1999 : Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - sound programmer
- 2001 : Devil May Cry
- 2001 : One Piece Mansion - sound producer
- 2002 : Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon - sound management director
- 2002 : Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny - score associate producer
- 2002 : Jojo no kimyô na bôken: Ôgon no kaze - sound management director
- 2003 : Drakengard - facial designer
- 2003 : Chaos Legion - producer
- 2004 : Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 - character design director
- 2004 : Capcom Fighting Evolution - producer
- 2005 : Shadow of Rome - co-producer
- 2006 : Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams - producer
- 2008 : Street Fighter IV - producer/project manager
- 2010 : Super Street Fighter IV - producer
- 2012 : Street Fighter X Tekken - producer
- 2014 : Ultra Street Fighter IV - producer
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-11-the-rise-and-collapse-of-yoshinori-ono
- ↑ http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jan/27/ono-practices-how-troll-using-street-fighter-movie/
- ↑ http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/05/17/yoshinori-the-troll-ono-teases-street-fighter-3rd-strike-online-edition/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/309463257054334976
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1439828/