Yun, as he appears in Super Street Fighter IV.
|Birthplace||Hong Kong, China |
|Height||5'8" (173 cm) |
|Weight||136 lbs (62 kg) |
|Blood type||B |
|Fighting style||Chinese martial art (based on Bājíquán, or Eight Extremities Fist) |
|Likes||His younger, twin brother Yang and steamed meat buns |
|Dislikes||Slackers, century eggs|
|Rival(s)||Gill, Fei Long, Dee Jay, Yang(friendly), Chun-Li, Sean|
|Moveset||Nishou Kyaku, Tetsuzan Kou, Zenpou Tenshin, Kobokushi, Zesshou Hohou|
|First game||Street Fighter III|
|English voice actor(s)||Ted Sroka (Street Fighter IV (in Chun-Li's intro), Todd Haberkorn (Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition)|
|Japanese voice actor(s)||Koji Tobe(Street Fighter III: New Generation and 2nd Impact), Kentaro Ito (Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition)|
- "Oh man, I love a good fight!"
Yun (ユン,Yun) is a character in the Street Fighter series. He and his younger twin brother, Yang first appeared in Street Fighter III, and returned for the next two games. He and his brother are also playable characters in the arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV. He is voiced by Koji Tobe in New Generation and 2nd Impact and Kentaro Ito in 3rd Strike.
While having been separated from their parents at birth, the Lee twins are the honored twins of a certain neighborhood of Hong Kong, and are the beneficiaries of eight noteworthy and influential leaders of Hong Kong's underworld who support them as their godparents.
While growing up, they were raised by their herbalist and acupuncturist grandfather, who also taught them the arts of Chinese Kung Fu.
While they own the restaurant Shinryuken, they are also active in their communities, helping maintain the peace and settling disputes.
Yun has long, brown hair that is braided into a pony tail which is covered by a blue baseball cap with a yellow visor and a circle with a skateboard in it. He sports a sleeveless, white kung fu shirt with a yellow hem and blue trim and buttons. On his arms, yellow wristbands that continue to form fingerless gloves, and black (sometimes dark blue) pants and sneakers. Yun is seen riding on his skateboard when not fighting.
Yun is the much cockier of the Lee Brothers compared to Yang, as well as more energetic and extroverted. Like Yang, he is also a movie enthusiant; when Yun encounters Fei Long in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Yun asks in his win quote whether he is "The Real Fei Long" and then proclaims that he's going to tell Yang about meeting him.
Super Street Fighter IVEdit
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade EditionEdit
After Chun-Li foils a criminal's getaway right before their eyes and drives off with Guile, Yun decides that whatever enemy is bringing Chun-Li out of retirement must be incredibly strong, and decides to follow her for an adventure. Yang happily accompanies him, knowing they are dealing with S.I.N., a division group of Shadaloo. After their "adventure", they return home to find Hoi Mei fuming, and she grabs Yun by the ear dragging him off. As they are being punished, the brothers encounter Chun-Li. As they bid her farewell and thank her for inspiring them to embark on their adventure, they hope to one day see her again.
Yun is the only character from Arcade Edition to appear in Street Fighter IV Volt for the iPhone.
Street Fighter III seriesEdit
The Lee Brothers are nephews to the Lee who fought in the first World Tournament. With his twin brother Yang, he entered the third World Warrior tournament to show his skills. They later found and fought Gill, who appreciated their effort and granted them leadership of their town. They passionately turned down his offer, since they only fought him to stop his maniacal plans.
In his non-canonical appearance in Street Fighter Alpha 3, he and his twin brother Yang are searching around the world for the legendary movie star Fei Long, so they could become famous movie stars in their own hometown. They run into Dee Jay (who by chance knows Fei Long), and Yun fights him and wins.
Yun also hears rumors of Fei Long working with drug dealers (i.e. Shadaloo). However, Dee Jay knows Fei Long is a nice person who would never associate with them. He soon tells both brothers where they could find Fei Long. They soon find him afterwards, and fight him to know the truth. After the Lee Brothers won, Fei Long tells Yun and Yang that he was infiltrating the drug deals to find out who the drug dealers were working for. He finds out that they are all under the rule of M. Bison.
The Lee Brothers decide to help Fei Long in order to save their hometown from Shadaloo, but are caught along with Fei Long. Fei Long has Yun and Yang fight The Dolls, while he finds and finishes off Bison. Yun returns from the fight and finds Fei Long defeated at Bison's feet. Bison asks the Lee Brothers to join him and Shadaloo, but they refuse, and instead fight Bison. They come out victorious, finishing Bison off for good. Fei Long thanks them and in return, the Lee brothers get their wish to become movie stars and starred in their own movie - Street King 2: Three Dragons (which became a box-office smash hit).
Yun is a fast paced fighter, combining high mobility with an aggressive moveset, which is focused around doing as much damage as possible with quick combos, keeping on the offensive. Yun's specials are centered around quickly closing the gap between himself and his opponent, and staying evasive. Yun's high damage and mobility are somewhat balanced by his low stamina.
- As well as being the nephew of Lee from the first tournament, Yun also bears a resemblance to him. They both wear blue caps, have long hair tied into a braided ponytail, and share a similar dashing punch attack.
- Although he bears some resemblance to Duo Maxwell from the anime, Gundam Wing, Yun may very well have been inspired by the skateboarder named Kien Lieu. Both have long braided ponytails and are skilled at skateboarding.
- Yun and Yang's theme in all of the Street Fighter III games bear a resemblance to the James Bond theme. The 3rd Strike version is the most similar.
- Yun's remix of their theme in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is more lively and upbeat (coupled with some guitar).
- Yun only eats Chinese food, according to his win quote against El Fuerte in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. This is essentially the same win quote Fei Long uses when facing El Fuerte.
- Many of Yun's win quotes in Street Fighter Alpha 3 reference the fact that he is from "another time" (namely, the Street Fighter III series) including Blanka and M.Bison. He also mentions recognizing Ryu, although he looks younger (since the Alpha series is set before the III series.)
- Technically, the above encounter would be Yun's first with Ryu, so he should not have recognized Ryu at all.
- Yun shares similarities with Fullmetal Alchemist character Ling Yao. They both have long hair, are skilled at martials arts, have a love for food, have care-free natures, and are (somewhat) of Chinese descent (Ling is from Xing, which is the alternate version of China in the series).They also share the same English voice actor in Todd Haberkorn.
- Yun is seen in the Half Pipe stage in Street Fighter X Tekken skateboarding. He is also seen as a silhouette in Cody's official artwork for the game.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/yun.html
- ↑ http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/10/rumor-ingrid-super-street-fighter-4-arcade/
|Street Fighter Alpha Characters|
|Adon – Akuma – Balrog – Birdie – Blanka – Cammy – Charlie – Chun-Li – Cody – Dan – Dee Jay – Dhalsim – E. Honda – Eagle – Evil Ryu – Fei Long – Gen – Guile – Guy – Ingrid – Juli – Juni – Karin – Ken – M. Bison – Maki – R. Mika – Rolento – Rose – Ryu – Sagat – Sakura – Shin Akuma – Sodom – T. Hawk – Vega – Zangief|
|Street Fighter III Characters|
|Akuma – Alex – Chun-Li – Dudley – Elena – Gill – Hugo – Ibuki – Ken – Makoto – Necro – Oro – Q – Remy – Ryu – Sean - Shin Akuma – Twelve – Urien – Yang – Yun|
|Street Fighter IV Characters|
|Abel - Adon – Akuma – Balrog – Blanka – Cammy – Chun-Li – Cody - Crimson Viper – Dan – Dee Jay - Dhalsim - Dudley – E. Honda – El Fuerte – Evil Ryu - Fei Long – Gen – Gouken – Guile – Guy - Hakan - Ibuki - Juri - Ken – M. Bison - Makoto – Oni - Rose – Rufus – Ryu – Sagat – Sakura – Seth - Shin Akuma - T. Hawk - Vega – Yang - Yun - Zangief|